Taxi to Mendenhall

macnife

1/2 our group is doing a helicopter ride to the glacier and the other 1/2 is taking the MGT shuttle to Mendenhall. I thought it would be good when they finished the helicopter ride, the met us at Mendenhall Glacier. The Helicopter company can not take them to Mendenhall, they only have permits to take them back to the dock, but they suggested that they could catch a taxi near the Heliport (six people). Anyone know how much a taxi ride to Mendenhall from the heliport would cost, or would it be better for them to get dropped off at the dock and catch the MGT shuttles? Thanks for any info!

It's pretty simple, if your helicopter tour is leaving from the airport. However, there's one company that flies from across the channel on Douglas Island.

If it's the airport, there'll be cabs around, and you should get one quickly to the helicopter area nearby. The cost would be under $20, I'd guess. $25 at the most.

We have a preset reservation with Evergreen Taxi to take my party of 7 to Mendenhall from the ship. Their charge for that is $35.00. I've had great email conversation with them.

The ship is no where near the airport.

Just back from Alaska. Right downtown by the tram, they have many tourist sight seeign companies set up, where 1 can walk up and sign up for an excursion. many charged $7 1 way to the glacier

Archived