Help With Ketchikan Walking Tour Please

keishashadow

Our ship will be in port from 7 am to 3 pm, trying to work in everytihng we want to see, looking for advice as to whether our plans are reasonable if walking. I've read a couple guides, yet unsure of a couple things, please help:)

Original plan was to leisurely walk up to Creek Street area, take the funicular to the hotel area; then walk to Totem Heritage Center / Fish Hatchery (not sure of actual route though, hope it's marked!)

then, my teen DS, discovered the lumberjack show:rolleyes:, worried we won't have enough time to do everything justice.:confused:

*factoring in a very slow walker (me lol); any approximation on how long it will take us to reach the Totem/Hatchery area?

*should we follow creek rt down to town or double back via original route when heading back to port...im hoping for downhill route;)? if not & it's longer than 1/2 hr or so, r cabs or transport available back? was tossing around idea of renting a car; not sure if essential for our needs?

*will the salmon be running 1st week of July anyway? really not sure if it's worth the walk if not...maybe something in town...duck tour?

*trying to decide if we should book the 1st lumberjack show (8 am) or 1 pm one. Thought maybe if we did the later tour, we'd be able to skip crowds @ hatchery?

It is 10 minutes to the funicular. Going out the back of the Fox Lodge, has you hooked up for the Married Man's Trail, downhill. Ends on Park. OR you can just go direct to Park, turn left before the library, then a right, along the creek. Turn right, uphill from Park, to the Totem Heritage Center and Hatchery.

Allow 1/2 hour with plenty of stops. Just walking, easy 20 minutes.

I have not seen salmon running on my two July trips.

Archived