Hotel recommendation in Anchorage

Sugar&Buddy

Looking for hotel recommendation in Anchorage for two nights in July. Hampton Inn looks pretty good with airport shuttle and continental breakfast. Any suggestions?

How much can we expect to pay for taxes, etc.? They quote $160 not including taxes, etc.

Hotels are pricey during the summer in Anchorage. For a good price break and reference to ammenities, try your search on hotwire.com. I've booked a few myself on hotwire, and have had hilton and millenium. Just a note though, you are not revealed your hotel until you have paid and their is no cancellation reimbursement, but on a plus side, I have found that you can trust the hotel ratings they provide to be accurate.

Will you have a car??? May make a difference on recommendations, and what you are doing in Anchorage??

Do you have additional time, interior Alaska??

No car. We are arriving on July 19th late afternoon and thought we would just walk around and see what is going on. On the 20th we want to book Kenai Fjords National Park tour. We leave Anchorage morning of 21st.

That is about it.

No car. We are arriving on July 19th late afternoon and thought we would just walk around and see what is going on. On the 20th we want to book Kenai Fjords National Park tour. We leave Anchorage morning of 21st.

That is about it.

The Hampton Inn is in Midtown, and they probably use the same shuttle bus that serves Homewood Suites and Hilton Garden Inn in the same area. Ask about that before booking the hotel, especially if you want to take the 6:45 a.m. train to Seward.

I checked rates for your travel dates, and the rate of $160.65 is a prepaid/nonrefundable rate. The rate for AAA or AARP members is $170.10/night plus tax - which looks like it's 12%.

That is about it.

Forgive me if I'm confused...still working on that second cup of coffee this am. I'm not sure I understand your post. Are you flying in on the 19th and leaving by cruiseship on the 21st? Or the other way around? And is your cruiseship in Whittier or Seward? Either way, you might not want both of those nights to be in Anchorage.

Forgive me if I'm confused...still working on that second cup of coffee this am. I'm not sure I understand your post. Are you flying in on the 19th and leaving by cruiseship on the 21st? Or the other way around? And is your cruiseship in Whittier or Seward? Either way, you might not want both of those nights to be in Anchorage.

According to the OP's post on another thread, they are beginning their land tour on the 21st, so probably departing from Anchorage.

That is about it.

Without the car, I would say you want to stay downtown. As someone said, Hampton is in mid town and really nothing to walk around to (except some chain restraunts), I would say hilton, sheraton or marriott downtown so you can walk to water, great food and pubs, train is right there,...You are saving on the car cost so it might be worth it. Have dinner at the Glacier Brewhouse when you are there too (downtown).

Pat

Archived