RCCL Made A Pricing Error and I Have to Pay The Difference

HI::)

To cruisinfanatic....I didn't say I wasn't going to pay what I owed....wow,:( I know why I don't post more often now. I wasn't prepared to be flamed, I just wanted some feedback, but I did ask for comments and feed back, so I have to take the good along with the bad. :eek:

Thanks....Sparkle 10 (Anita):p

I agree...you got the wrong response from cruisinfanatic. I in no way thought you were trying to say you wanted to benefit from their mistake, and you made it clear that you knew you would have to pay the higher amount. I too, think you could get better airfare directly through the airlines or on of the discount booking sites online, if it's not too late to cancel what you booked with your TA.

I've never seen any cruise prices change because you decide not to use the cruiseline airfare. The cruise price is independant from the airfare unless you are using a travel agent who is playing around with the numbers.

Actually, I had on my upcoming TA cruise, an original price from my TA with Air, that after the price drop, they had to reprice the air as of that time, and the air portion was higher. I didn't have a problem because I intended and have since cancelled the air portion anyway. So my price drop was accompanied by a higher air price.

I imagine the OP got a great air price compared to what they can book on their own, which, of course, is a clue that the TA made a mistake. If it sounds to good to be true it probably is. It all gets down to you are at the store and the check out rings up $25 for a $250 leather coat. Do you say nothing and hope the clerk doesn't catch their error or do you let them complete the transaction and walk out of the store after ripping them off for $225? Morality. (reading further it appears that the OP would tell the clerk)

jc

Archived