What if I don't want to do anything in Belize

newbiecruiser2009

Right now, I'm thinking that by the time we get to Belize, we are going to be exhausted and I don't think I want to plan anything there.

The excursions sound a bit to "adventurous" (sp) for my daughter (8) and son (7) so nothing really appeals to us.

We would probably get off the ship - check out the shops in the port and go back to the ship and hang out.

IS THIS WRONG? I'm becoming overwhelmed with planning this cruise. We booked it just 6 weeks ago, normally I'm a planner and researcher, but I just don't have the time to do it now.

There is nothing wrong - with doing NOTHING! There are several little shops right at the dock where the tender will drop you off. Enjoy those- then head back to the ship. Staying on the ship during a port day can be loads of fun - it's not crowded - seems like you have the whole ship to yourself. I LOVE IT! Enjoy.:D

Thanks Kimmer727. We go to WDW world every summer and we stay for a week and only do 2 parks during that week (gasp). We just love the hang around the resort, so swim, eat, eat and eat somemore LOL But this somehow feels different. I'm already tired from all this planning. This is supposed to be a vacation:rolleyes:

WE did the cave-tubing in Belize and it was great. I heard the zoo was great also. How many times will you get to Belize. There's the typical shops when you get off the ships then nothing else. Book the zoo for your kids they would enjoy that.

Take a walk around the shops and then go up to the Wet Lizard (on the second floor between terminals 3 and 4 and have a Belikin beer, some conch fritters and watch the people and the water.

Take a walk around the shops and then go up to the Wet Lizard (on the second floor between terminals 3 and 4 and have a Belikin beer, some conch fritters and watch the people and the water.

Ron, this is exactly what we will do. I even "pasted" your response on my personal itinerary so I will have it word for word, in Word. :)

I've read your fabulous review and completely trust your judgement.

• 2 weeks later...

This sounds wonderful Ron! My husband and I have been looking for some port/excursion information for Belize and Roatan and this 'mild' day of Belize sounds like it's just enough! I've been 'cruising' the Ports of Call and I appreciate the information. This way I can visit some of the shops, enjoy a beer (my husband is a craft brewer himself) and not have to worry. Thanks again for the info!

Hi, would you know if they have 'carriage' rides at the dock for some nice sightseeing and the prices (not through NCL). It will also be our last port day and I'm sure we'll be tired also. Just thought something simple as looking around at the vendors and/or a carriage ride. Any info is greatly appreciated and TIA...

PS going 10-30 Jewel

There is nothing wrong - with doing NOTHING! There are several little shops right at the dock where the tender will drop you off. Enjoy those- then head back to the ship. Staying on the ship during a port day can be loads of fun - it's not crowded - seems like you have the whole ship to yourself. I LOVE IT! Enjoy.:D

Thanks for mentioning it is another "Tender Port"...Guess like Samana..no problem. What about Roatan? Is that tendered as well? Thanks, much

That was my idea of Belize, with a venture over the swing bridge to JamBel Jerk chicken! However, DW had other plans spelled X-u-a-n-a-nt-u-n-i-c-h:rolleyes: . I did get to have a Belkin at Hodes in San Ignacio so all wasn't lost:)

But what does newbiecruiser do with the kiddies while they're scarfing conch fritters and swilling Belikans?

Archived