RomeInLimo questions

jalynn

Count us in as Rome in Limo fans! We also just returned from a Mediterranean cruise and used Rome in Limo for our tour in Naples. We visited Pompeii (RIL secured Patricia as our excellent guide), Sorrento, and the beautiful Positano. Stefano was our driver, and he was very professional and friendly during the day. He shared a great deal of information with us along the way. It was an outstanding day!

Susan

The charge for the Vatican guide was €150 for 8 people on top of the price of the car and it was worth every penny. The guide was someone local who was very knowledgable we would have missed a lot if we did it on our own. You have to reserve the tickets online on the Vatican site and print the vouchers they cost €20 each and you pay when you arrive at the vatican you are still able to jump the main queue. Hope this helps they are one of the best tours. It really was awesome every part of the tour and the guides were fab.

Used them last October to organize 3 ports. Made it very easy to organize the runs.. I created it and advertised on the roll call. Most people came via the roll call, except for one couple..

Has anyone used their create a group or join a group service? Was wondering if this was better than trying to create a group through a role call.

Or creating a group on Rome In Limo site and then "advertising" it through the roll call?

TIA

We travel in October and several of us on my Roll Call set up multiple groups thru the RIL Tour Sharing site, then others on the roll call could just go on the site, find our tour and sign themselves up. It seems to work out really well - there's a little more accountability to the whole group then since each couple (or family) has to input their own credit card information.

Do it through their Tour Sharing site! I made the mistake of sending an email and asking questions about two tours so they set me up as a Private tour. Now they have sort of switched me to a Group but it isn't on their site...I have to share a link. I really made a lot of extra work for myself!

Hi Banana Bread,

We went through the RIL website link to get our Vatican tickets. They take your credit card payment at that time and then send you the tickets to print off. You pick the time that you want when you arrange the tickets. I'm not sure what happens if you are late because you do pick a certain time, but I'm sure they give you some leeway.

We paid $100 euros for our Pompeii guide.(We booked it through RIL)I'm really looking forward to going there, it's a place I've always wanted to see so I wanted to make sure we get the most of it. I'm not sure what the price of the audio guide is.

Hope this helps.

Only 30 days to go!:D

I have now been a member of 6 Rome In Limo shore excursions and they have all been awesome, and more importantly, so much more pleasurable than ship excursions. The drivers are knowledgable and very entertaining. In Naples or Salerno I would highly recommend Fernando! Travel with him was like touring with a family member who was bent on showing everyone a good time! In Rome, Nick knew great shortcuts and even though it was the busiest time of the year, he knew how to avoid crowds! Plus he and Azurra (our Vatican guide) got 4 extra tickets for members who forgot to book ahead of time, completely skipping the line outside! Vinny, our driver in Florence did the same with the Academia Gallery. Jany in the main office can personalize your excursions to suit your needs and makes great suggestions as far as wineries to tour in Tuscany.

If you start a group, you can mention it on your boards, but others will sign up on the Rome In Limo site. It is worry free because you can always cancel up to a week before the tour date.

Write me at dmcnel127@aol.com for more information.

This was our second tour of the Amalfi coast with Carmine in RIL, this time we opted for heading further down the coast. Carmine is the perfect driver, stopping at the most beautiful locations and honoring our request to have lunch Fattoria la Tagliata a highlight of our last visit. This time we were treated to a tour of the terraced garden and the wine cellar along with "Momma's" amazing lunch. We would like to think of Carmine as a family friend. Even after two years he recognized my husband and enquired after the children he met on our last visit.

We have done a total of four trips with RIL over the years and have loved each experience.

This was our second tour of the Amalfi coast with Carmine in RIL, this time we opted for heading further down the coast. Carmine is the perfect driver, stopping at the most beautiful locations and honoring our request to have lunch Fattoria la Tagliata a highlight of our last visit. This time we were treated to a tour of the terraced garden and the wine cellar along with "Momma's" amazing lunch. We would like to think of Carmine as a family friend. Even after two years he recognized my husband and enquired after the children he met on our last visit.

We have done a total of four trips with RIL over the years and have loved each experience.

Carmine was my favorite too. He was so sweet to my elderly mother telling her how beautiful she was and how quickly she walked down the stairs like she was a young kid. Of course, he was holding the hand in his arm and guiding her down but it sure made her feel special.

We used Rome In Limo in three ports in Italy. Florence with Giovianni, Rome with Nick and Naples with Tony. All guides were great. All had a great command of the English language and were all very knowledgable. We also had a private guide in the Vatican, Francesca.

WE have been to Europe several times and I find it is the only way to go, using private drivers and guides when possible. We were a family of 8 and they had the vechicles to acommodate us confortably. We reserved our tickets for the Vatican in advance and were able to get right in. We did not purchase our ticket for the Collusiem in advance but our driver know of a place where we could purchase them at a slight premium and it was well worth not waiting in a very loooong line.

I have no complaints and would definetly use them again. I can honestly recommend their services and drivers to all.

Has anyone used their create a group or join a group service? Was wondering if this was better than trying to create a group through a role call.

Or creating a group on Rome In Limo site and then "advertising" it through the roll call?

TIA

We went on 3 different RIL tours (Pisa/Florence, Rome, Amalfi / Positano / Sorrento and Pompeii and met everyone on the Roll Call. Had a great time with everyone.

Can anyone answer.....for the guides at the Vatican and Pompeii, did you pay the guide directly or pay RIL and then they pay the guide.

Thanks

I second NOTENTIRELYNORMAL. The guides were paid to RIL and the tips directly to the guides.

For Rome is the pick up from airport to center better than using a yellow taxi?

For me it was but I'm a planner. Once we left the luggage section our driver was there with a sign. He pushed one of our carts, took us to the sidewalk to wait while he got his car. Within minutes the car was loaded and we were on our way to the hotel with a commentary along the way. The few extra dollars (or Euros) was worth the lack of stress and the added convenience. He was the same driver that took us on tour the next day and to the ship.

Once we left the luggage section our driver was there with a sign. Within minutes the car was loaded and we were on our way to the hotel with a commentary along the way. The few extra dollars (or Euros) was worth the lack of stress and the added convenience. He was the same driver that took us on tour the next day and to the ship.

Can I ask you about tipping them? I know European's don't tip as much as Americans do.

For your trip from the airport to hotel, (and hotel to ship) how much is expected to tip them?

Also for a day tour, how much is expected?

Thank you!

;)

LOL... I didn't mean it was personal to ME,,,, I meant that it is everyone's personal choice on what they are comfortable with.

;) Omg, too funny! I knew exactly what you meant. LOL

I was saying, I didn't mean to ask you such a personal question, but appreciated your reply so I had some sort of idea what is expacted. ;)

have a great day!

For Rome, how much more do you see using ril than walking in your own considering everything is close and you have a mapped out walking route?

Do you get history from the driver? Do they actually go with you except for places you need to pay like the coliseum?