RomeInLimo questions

jalynn

Count us in as fans as well. My husband and I skipped Rome and Naples as we have been there before bit I booked Rome in Limo for our daughter and son-in-law and grand kids in Those ports. thet had Francesco in Rome and Victorio in Naples and they couldn't say enough good things about the guides - they did a fantastic job!

We used Rome in Limo for 2 ports. We had a driver for Lucca and Pisa NA d a driver and guide for Rome. Our driver for Lucca actually lived there. He took us to his favorite restaurant and bakery. These were not tourist places. It was amazing!

Our guide in Rome, Serena, was fantastic. She knew all the guards in the Vatican Museum. They even let us through a shortcut to the Sistine Chapel saving us over half a hour.

We will use them again in a heartbeat and recommend them to our clients.

I will be cruising on NCL in October 2013. However, I am looking for a reliable company that will give us a tour with a vehicle that is accessible for a wheelchair or motorized scooter. There probably will be several others who will be going with me. Thanks for any info you can give me.

I will be cruising on NCL in October 2013. However, I am looking for a reliable company that will give us a tour with a vehicle that is accessible for a wheelchair or motorized scooter. There probably will be several others who will be going with me. Thanks for any info you can give me.

There are several operators who are well regarded by members of this community - you should reach out to a few of them and explain your needs and get quotes.

I'm booking romeinlimo for some of my pre-cruise time in Rome, thanks to the many accolades here on CC. My questions:

1-They are suggesting an 8 hour tour with a driver, and a guide for the Vatican. Do we need a guide for other sites? Or is the driver usually knowledgeable enough to provide info?

2-Have you ever just gotten a guide at the Vatican rather than scheduled one in advance? If so, how did that work out? Did you still have to stand in line for tickets? Can you just visit the "church" on your own without tickets? (I obviously have lots more research to do! I visited Rome years ago, but I was on a tour and they took care of everything.)

3-Do you tip on top of the fee for the driver, or is it included?

4- Not a romeinlimo question, but has anyone ever done a day trip from Rome to Pompeii? Is that possible?

Thanks in advance for answers to my questions!

We just got back from Rome and using RomeInLimo - we took them up on their recommendation for a guide for the Vatican. We wouldn't have done it any other way. Enrico was a driver and fantastic guide for the city. We had Kate for the Vatican tour and she was super. You have such limited time and she knew just where to go and gave us all of the run down of the Vatican that you can get in just two hours. There is so much to see in Rome and doing a tour with RomeInLimo is a must!! Do get a guide for the Vatican and also a guide for Pompeii - Caterina was our guide in Pompeii which RomeInLimo obtained for us. She was knowledgeable and fantastic. The place is amazing, but without a guide...you just don't know what you are looking at and will wish you had a guide. Victorio was our driver and was perfect. Just can't say enough about RomeInLimo.

We also had Stefano in Florence/Pisa and he truly helped make the trip special.

Comparing notes with other cruisers, they said how much time is wasted on the big bus tours because it takes so long to load and unload people.

Just got back from a med cruise with NCL. We booked a Romeinalimo tour to see the highlights of Rome. Enrico our guide was very informative, we were able to jump the queues for the Colossium the Vatican and the Sistine Chapel as we bought tickets on line. We travelled in a comfy minibus for 8 people, we were able to see everything we wanted at our own pace and bottles of water were supplied. We were treated like royalty throughout the tour. It was so busy and so hot that if we had gone on our own or with any other tour we would have certainly missed some of the sights. Also we hired a tour guide for the Vatican. I highly recommend this tour and I thank you from all my group for giving us a wonderful day.

Just got back from a med cruise with NCL. We booked a Romeinalimo tour to see the highlights of Rome. Enrico our guide was very informative, we were able to jump the queues for the Colossium the Vatican and the Sistine Chapel as we bought tickets on line. We travelled in a comfy minibus for 8 people, we were able to see everything we wanted at our own pace and bottles of water were supplied. We were treated like royalty throughout the tour. It was so busy and so hot that if we had gone on our own or with any other tour we would have certainly missed some of the sights. Also we hired a tour guide for the Vatican. I highly recommend this tour and I thank you from all my group for giving us a wonderful day.

Great to hear since my family of 8 will be going on the same tour in a couple weeks. Did you ask for the water or is it just something they always provide? I'm sure it will be even hotter when we are there.

countdown.pl?image=Beach-9&name=scarlettmama&date=7-19-2013&text=&ship=Carnival Sunshine

We are also RIL fans! We just returned from a 12 day Med cruise. We used Rome in Limo for Naples (loved Fernando!), Florence, (with Laura), and Rome, (thanks Enrico). Every driver was professional, fluent in English, and so informative. We had them secure guides for both the Vatican and Pompeii, which was very valuable! They also arranged 2 luncheon/wine-tastings, which were wonderful! My biggest regret is not booking RIL for Sicily, too. My daughter and her fiance are planning a honeymoon next summer, and we've recommended that they not see Italy without the services of RIL. We feel like we saw so much more, thanks to their efficient tours.

We also just returned from the Mediterranean and used RIL for Naples and Rome - hill towns. Both drivers and tours were excellent. We did expect more of a guide service than we received for the Hill Towns. Our driver on the Amalfi Coast did an excellent job informing us about the area, taking us to out of the way locations and making the day a special one. The Hill Towns are amazing; however, we would have liked for our driver to tell us more about the area - it was a long drive and he didn't tell us anything about where we were, the history, or talk at all.

I highly recommend them, I just believe our expectations were different than what was advertised in the tour listing.

We are also RIL fans! We just returned from a 12 day Med cruise. We used Rome in Limo for Naples (loved Fernando!), Florence, (with Laura), and Rome, (thanks Enrico). Every driver was professional, fluent in English, and so informative. We had them secure guides for both the Vatican and Pompeii, which was very valuable! They also arranged 2 luncheon/wine-tastings, which were wonderful! My biggest regret is not booking RIL for Sicily, too. My daughter and her fiance are planning a honeymoon next summer, and we've recommended that they not see Italy without the services of RIL. We feel like we saw so much more, thanks to their efficient tours.

Hello! We have lunch/wine tastings planned as part of our RIL tours for Florence and for Naples-can you tell me a bit about your experiences? Thanks!!

Hello! We have lunch/wine tastings planned as part of our RIL tours for Florence and for Naples-can you tell me a bit about your experiences? Thanks!!

For the port of Naples, we booked the Positano-Pompeii-Wine tasting tour. The vineyard was at the foot of Mt. Vesuvius. We were served delicious appetizers, spaghetti, and dessert along with several wines. It was really lovely in the outdoor pavilion area where they served us. We asked Jany to add a wine-tasting for our Florence-San Gimignano tour. It was PERFECT! We went to Tenuta Torciano, where the owner, Pereluigi, "conducted" the wine-tasting. It was an education in and of itself! Delightful presentation and absolutely delicious food made this day the highlight of my cruise! I hope your experiences will be as nice as ours!

For the port of Naples, we booked the Positano-Pompeii-Wine tasting tour. The vineyard was at the foot of Mt. Vesuvius. We were served delicious appetizers, spaghetti, and dessert along with several wines. It was really lovely in the outdoor pavilion area where they served us. We asked Jany to add a wine-tasting for our Florence-San Gimignano tour. It was PERFECT! We went to Tenuta Torciano, where the owner, Pereluigi, "conducted" the wine-tasting. It was an education in and of itself! Delightful presentation and absolutely delicious food made this day the highlight of my cruise! I hope your experiences will be as nice as ours!

Thank you so much!! We have those exact tours booked!! I cannot wait. If you have any photos you'd like to share I'd love to see them!! Mrsfecura@yahoo.com

Just utilized ROME IN LIMO this June and felt it was very worthwhile. Our guide, Stefano, was as charming as he was knowledgable. We managed to see everything on our wish list and more. Because we did not want to use up time eating in a restaurant, he found us delicious street food, and we kept on rolling. Definitely worth the money! XO S

Just got back from a 12 day Med cruise and used RIL in Naples (Giampiero), Livorno (Elisabetta) and Rome (Nick). All tours and guides were wonderful. We also requested a guide through RIL at the Vatican (Nicole) and she was excellent as well! The guides were a fountain of information at every stop. In Naples and Rome we asked for restaurants off the tourist path and they were both excellent! While in Livorno we were on our own for lunch. I would not hesitate using this company again for any tour in the Med. Thank you again to RIL for making our days complete!

Just back from the Inaugural cruise on the Royal. We used RIL in Livorno and wanted something different, since we had been to Florence and spent considerable time there.

So we did Pisa and San Gimignano with Vinny -- who acknowledged with a laugh that he knew the movie, My Cousin Vinny! The day was great from that point on. He even took us to a restaurant off the beaten path that was grand and somehow arranged for the only rain of our 19 day cruise to happen during lunch. Now that's service!!!

We also had Fernando (out of Salerno) for our Amalfi Coast and wine tasting tour. He was charming and informative, and we had a great time. The winery tasting, with lunch, at the foot of Mt. Vesuvius was delicious, and a beautiful setting.

Thank you to Fernando for a wonderful day! I would highly recommend him and RIL.

Has anyone used their create a group or join a group service? Was wondering if this was better than trying to create a group through a role call.

Or creating a group on Rome In Limo site and then "advertising" it through the roll call?

TIA

We travel in October and several of us on my Roll Call set up multiple groups thru the RIL Tour Sharing site, then others on the roll call could just go on the site, find our tour and sign themselves up. It seems to work out really well - there's a little more accountability to the whole group then since each couple (or family) has to input their own credit card information.

Can anyone answer.....for the guides at the Vatican and Pompeii, did you pay the guide directly or pay RIL and then they pay the guide.

Thanks

We recently had a wonderful guide, Patricia, at Pompeii. We paid her directly, and we later paid our Rome in Limo driver, but I think that you can do it either way.

Enjoy!