RomeInLimo questions

jalynn

We had used RomeInLimo during our visits to Naples and Rome. We had a private driver in each port and were able to see everything we wanted on our schedule, not on a ship bus tour schedule. We were very pleased with the service provided by both Gustavo in Naples and Stephan in Rome. Both were on time and showed us all the areas we wanted to see. We had also used another company in Florence which was OK but we wished we had used RomeInLimo instead. Stephan went beyond what we expected. We had previously been in Rome before but there were certain sights we wanted to see that we previously missed. He was able to get us to each and every sight as well as brought us to other places that had the specific type of art my wife was interested in. We would give him the highest marks of all 3 drivers we had during our visit.

If we ever visit a port and want to have a private car and driver, we will use their service again.

We had used RomeInLimo during our visits to both Naples and Rome.

Diego was our driver in Naples - he was amazing -very knowledgeable, extremely flexible and went out of his way to make sure he knew everyone's name!!! We were met from the ship and whisked staight to Pompeii - the best idea as there was no line to get in! We had a guide in Pompeii and i think this is important, as there are very few information boards around the site - so without a guide you wouldn't necessarily know what you are looking at! We then asked Diego if we could change our tour and visit the museum in Naples to see some of the artifacts discovered at Pompeii, which he happily obliged! We took a tour around the coast to Sorrento, for a brief shopping opportunity. On the way back to Naples one of our group asked if Diego knew of a good place to buy a cameo - he called ahead and made arrangements for us to visit a cameo factory and booked us a table for lunch. After lunch we had the opportunity to visit the Museum at Naples and were still back at our ship in plenty of time.

Mike was our driver the following day in Rome - again very knowledge and extremely helpful. None of our group had been able to pre-purchase colesseum tickets, so our first stop was to get tickets (no line). We then visited the Trevi fountain and Spanish Steps, before being dropped off at the Colessum. As we had our tickets there was no line and we practically walked straight in. We then had time for lunch, at a great restaurant suggested by Mike, before we went on to meet our guide at the Vatican. Again, there are few information boards within the Vatican, and our guide was very informative and patient - he always made sure everyone in our group had enough time to enjoy the tour, but we didn't feel at all rushed and of course, he made sure we saw everything of importance!

I certainly wouldn't hesitate to use or recommend RomeInLimo again!

We used the services of RomeInLimo again for our port stops in Italy in October. As we have used them three times on three previous trips, you can guess that we believe that they are excellent at what they do. From first contact with Jany in the office to meeting our guides immediately when disembarking the ship, the whole process was almost effortless.

Our guides were Luca in Messina, Diego in Naples and Mike in Rome. They are such an asset to the company! Luca gave us a wonderful tour of Mt. Etna, a honey farm and Taormina. All this was done in a shortened tour as our cruise line reduced our time in port. Diego took us to Positano, Sorrento and the ruins of Herculaneum. We had lunch at a wonderful family owned restaurant in Sorrento. Diego also serenaded us with some popular hits we all associate with Naples. It was great fun and yes, he has a good voice! For our stop in Rome, we chose to do something a little different by visiting Lake Bracciano, Ceri and having a wine tasting lunch. Mike was our guide and claims to be one of the “senior” guides for RomeInLimo. He went so far above and beyond for us by arranging to have the castle opened (it was Monday and it is normally closed) for us to have a private tour with a guide. It pays to know the right people!! We also went to an olive processing facility and the trattoria we went to for lunch and wine was an absolute highlight for all eight of us.

All of the tour participants at each port thanked me for arranging tours with RomeInLimo. I did not hear even the slightest hint of anything they didn’t love about each of the tours. I knew that all would go well though as I’ve never been unhappy in my relationship with this tour company. I give them an A+++.

Our extended family of 6 adults just returned from a month-iong trip to Europe. After reading the reviews for Rome in Limo on this site and others, we booked their services six times. Two of these services were at the last moment.

When we arrived in Rome by air, our driver from Rome in Limo picked up up - 6 adults plus luggage - and transported us to our Rome apartment. He was waiting for us at the baggage claim and quickly moved us through the process. That evening, Franco met us at our apartment for a night tour of Rome. Excellent tour while seeing all the sights of Rome as well as waiting for us to eat in one of the many outside cafes. Our Rome experience was further enhanced by our Vatican guide, Chiara. What a tiring but incredible experience she provided us as we felt the magic of this edifice.

Several days after our time in Rome, we boarded our ship for a 12 night cruise. Half way through the cruise, we attended a port presentation and decided that we needed some help seeing Naples and the countryside around Rome. We placed a call from the ship to Jany to see what could be done to help us. We were so delighted that she was able to accommodate us at the last minute for both port stops. Both of these tours were fantastic - from the Amalfi coast and back to Naples with Tony and the Italian countryside from the Rome port with Fabio. Incredible sights, professionalism, humor, and knowledge. Our final tour was from the port of Livorno with Vinny who spent the day taking us to Pisa and Lucca and helped us find the best food, shopping, local history, and major memories.

I cannot say enough positive about our experiences with Rome in Limo. From our correspondence with Jany to our drivers, it was all first class, professional, reasonably priced, and filled with the flavors of Italy. This company provides a Five-Star experience.

We used Romeinlimo and everything was great. Rolando was our driver and he got us to every site we wanted to see. The restaurant he took us to was good and not expensive, he parked close to every site and picked us up close to exits. It seemed he knew shortcuts around the traffic so we didn't waste much time. He even gave us a phone to call him when we were done looking at stops. If I go back to Rome, I will try to get Rolando and Romeinlimo for a tour.

Just returned from our adventure in Spain and Italy. I researched this trip for over a year and after seeing great reviews for Rome in Limo, decided to use them for our tours in Florence, Rome, and Naples. I cannot begin to explain how wonderful they were. We had Vinny in Florence, Franco in Rome and Raffael in Naples. They were all wonderful guides - very knowledgeable, fun, great drivers. (Raffael even sings for you - so much fun) We had such a good time. They really made it a memorable trip. I can't say enough good things about them. We also had a private guide at the Vatican (Chiara) and at Pompeii (Paowla). These gals were so fabulous. I cannot imagine visiting these wonderful places without them. They were so great and passionate about their work. It was a pleasure to be with them. If any of you are planning a cruise through Italy, these guys are a must. Jany is the manager and she is a gem at answering questions, scheduling, etc. You cannot go wrong with these folks. We can't wait to go back.

Our experience with this firm was above excellent in all categories. They were on-time for pickup. The limo was clean enough to eat off the floor. Our driver/guide was excellent in both driving skill and knowledge of Italy. We will definitely use them in all of our future trips to Italy.

We chose another service which was cheaper and the service showed why. Late pickup, old car, driver didn't speak great English, had a car waiting at the ship when we were in Rome waiting for pickup to port.

We are frequent cruisers who prefer private tours and are always delighted to take one with Rome in Limo. Since we had been to Rome before, we signed up with Rome in Limo for a private tour with 3 other couples to see Orvieto and visit a winery. Our driver Salvatore was one of the highlights of our tour..personable, funny and a good singer. He informed us that he had some surprises for us and wanted to know would we like to eat lunch at a restaurant or, at an organic farm outside of Orvieto run by a young couple that he is friends with. We opted for the lunch at the farm. Our first stop, surprise, was Civita de Bagnoregio... 600BC stone village on top on a butte which can only be entered by foot (or moped) across a bridge, The village was like walking into a fairytale..I told my granddaughters that I really thought this was were sleeping beauty slept for a 100 years. The views were wonderful, the quaint houses, a few bed and breakfast and shops were all postcard worthy..definitely a place I would love to spend a few days in as a base. Our next stop was Orvieto, nice bigger town..cathedral and lots of shops. We did the tour of the Etruscan caves with an English guide, would recommend it. We then drove to the farm and met Francesco and his wife Claudia. They raise sheep, make pecorino cheese, and harvest 4500 olive trees for Olive oil. We took a short tour of his cheese making area and then went into the 600 year old rustic farm house. What a delightful afternoon. We had 4 types of pecorino cheese with fig compotes, hearty bread, honey and organic white and red wine, followed by an amazing pasta dish, then barbecued skewers of lamb and pork sausage. Francesco and Claudia were delightful and entertaining. Francesco is a self taught flautist who has played a few times with Jethro Tull on stage when the group preformed in Italy. He played a melody from AquaLung for us and we were all blown away. He also sang for us, a beautiful operatic aria. After a toast with their home made Limoncello, we thanked them for a most wonderful and memorable experience. Our driver, Salvatore, serenaded us on the ride back to the ship. The final surprise from Salvatore was a gift bottle of the local red wine for each couple. I would highly recommend Rome in Limo, this tour and Salvatore.

We just returned from a Western Med tour and the highlights of our trip included our two tours with Rome in Limo. In Rome our fabulous guide, Franco, and Vatican guide, Guilia made our trip memorable. Both were helpful, knowledgeable and flexible. Franco's ability to drive us directly to all of the sites allowed us to see a great deal in one day. Front of the line passes for the Colosseum and Vatican were also great as was the restaurant recommendation for lunch.

In Florence and Pisa Clara was our fabulous guide. She was totally willing to allow us to determine what we wanted to see. After visiting Pisa and Florence we were able to watch the first press of the olive oil with the local farmers which was totally memorable.

I highly recommend Rome in Limo!!!!

We also used Rome in Limo in Naples to visit Pompeii and the Amalfi Coast. They were great! To save time and money, we had them drop us off at the ferry in Sorrento for the trip back to Naples port. In Rome, we arranged a walking tour through Rome in Limo. Our lovely guide, Serena, met us at the San Pietro train station. From there, we grabbed a taxi then proceeded on our walking tour. She was extremely knowledgeable and passionate about Rome and shared her love of Italy with us. The walking tour saved time and money also. It's very easy to take the train in Rome. Rome in Limo offers excellent and flexible services. They are the best!

We are back from our fabulous cruise aboard the Celebrity Silhouette. It was a

no-brainer to book our transfers and tour with Rome-in-Limo before we left.

We had an airport transfer from the airport (Rome) to our hotel and then a couple of days later from Rome to the port. Our drivers where on time and very friendly.

In Naples (1st day of cruise) we again had a tour booked with Rome-in-Limo, we had chosen the family friendly Pizza School in Sorrento and also a visit to Positano and the Amalphi Coast. Tony was our driver, and he was absolutely fabulous. He was waiting on the dock in Naples to whisk us away for a memorable day. First we headed along the coast to Positano, stopping along the way for plenty of photos, we had plenty of time in Positano to explore before we headed off to Pizza School. We were taken to the Red Lion Restaurant where our pizza chef was waiting, we made pizza from scratch and then waited while they cooked in the wood fired oven. I can't tell you how much fun we had, it was totally awesome. One the was back to Sorrento we enjoyed singing with Tony.

Tony was very informative and gave us plenty of time for exploring and shopping. He truly made our day in Naples the best ever. Thanks for the Liminchello Tony!!!!!!

Our final transfer was back in Rome and we where lucky to have the fabulous Francesco as our driver, this is the 4th time we have been lucky to have Francesco, it was great to catch up with him.

We would highly recommend Rome-in-Limo when in Italy, they make you feel very welcome and very safe, and with singing too what more could you want......

Thanks Rome-in-Limo.

I wanted to post a review of our Rome in Limo booked tour for 10-31-2013 pre-cruise

I interacted with 2 of their staff:

Jany-Contact to schedule tour

Franco-Tour Guide

This was our second time to use, so going in to our tour I knew we would be well cared for! Jany was quick to respond and make changes to our plans when requested. Scheduling the tour was easy, prompt response to emails and always pleasant interactions with Jany.

We were met at the train station at Termini by Franco with a sign with our name as promised, quickly he helped us gather our luggage and took us to the van and we were off.

I had requested a high-level three hour tour of Rome and what we were given was a history intense, thorough view of a very bustling city. Franco is very knowledgeable about the history as well as current day happenings.

Traveling by car in Rome that day was very challenging as there were police everywhere with a protest going on which had many of the routes to the areas that we were wanting to visit blocked; Franco was very efficient in finding a different route taking us to the closest location that we were able to walk with my 83-year-old mother to get pictures and show her the sites of Rome we fell in love with two years ago.

We were treated to an excellent local restaurant for lunch as we have been traveling since early morning via train from Venice so I welcomed rest with great food.

Once we had seen the sites requested of Franco we headed west to the port of Civitavecchia where he delivered us directly to our hotel. helped unload our luggage(no small task as we were embarking on a 2 week transatlantic cruise, with our treasures obtained in Venice as well)

I cannot say enough about the care concern and professionalism that Franco demonstrated to us for the approximately 4 to 5 hours that we were in his care

He helped us drag luggage, took great care to find the exact spot with the best view for pictures, was very concerned and caring for my mother, and making sure that we had a great experience. I would never hesitate to book Rome in Limo again when returning to Italy they are a wonderful service well worth every euro you pay!

My wife and I had a great day in Rome with Stephan in September. We were on a 10 day cruise with private tours in each port and Stephan was the best of them all. We had been to Rome before so we asked Stephan to take us to some sights we would not normally see. He delivered beyond our expectations. I highly recommend Romeinlimo and Stephan.

RomeInLimo :)

Recently returned from a 12 day cruise on the Carnival Sunshine. I organized one tour myself with RIL and joined another cc member for three others. All four tours were excellent!

Messina Port: Mount Etna & Taormina, our driver/guide was Lucas and he picked us up on time and did an wonderful job giving us a great tour of Mt Etna and Taormina and on our return to the ship a little tour of Messina.

Naples Port: Ravello, Amalfi & Positano, Carmine did a great job driving on those very narrow roads and even took us to Sorrento on the way back. Beautiful tour!

Civitavecchia Port: Rome Highlights, Mike got us to Rome and drove right up to the sites, we did very little walking, amazing! Mike got our Coliseum tickets with one stop and we walked right in. Gave us a phone to call him when we were done, he was there in one minute. At the Vatican, we had Chiara (RIL) private Vatican guide. Chiara was wonderful! Took us to the St Peter Basilica too.

Livorno Port: Pisa & Florence, Elizabetta got us to Pisa gave us time to take pictures and enjoy Pisa. Showed us all the sites in Florence and then recommended a great place for lunch. Got us in the Accademia in the afternoon and then a nice pleasant drive back.

Jany, our contact at RIL, is so great to deal with. I started communicating with her in Dec. 2012 and asked a ton of questions and she responded so quickly. Can't say enough about RIL, Jany and all the wonderful drivers, guides, that help make this such an amazing trip.

Highly recommend using RIL!!

Can't say enough about how great RomeInLimo is -- actually turned out to be less expensive than the ship's excursions and much better tour. All our table mates were jealous each day of all we saw and how fun our guides were.

Jany at RIL is so helpful, Jovanni in Naples was amazing, Franco in Rome was so informative.

Thanks for making our trip very special!

We had Claudio for our guide in Rome on 11/09/13 and he was amazing. We only had him for 6 hours, but we saw all of the Rome highlights and then some! We even had time to tour St. Peter's Cathederal and the Collesium.

One of the best private tours we have ever had. We would definitely use RomeInLimo again and would ask for Claudio.

Highly recommend Rome in Limo. Worth every penny! We had Franco for our driver and Julia as our guide at the Vatican. She was so good, another group actually tried to pay her to skip out on us and finish with them! (she politely declined). Franco was prompt, pleasant, and had a real knack for figuring out when to let us sleep (on the way from the cruise port to Rome) and when to talk. We are history buffs, and he didn't disappoint! Very knowledgeable and interesting to talk to. Both spoke perfect English, so if you Italian is as limited as mine, don't worry.

It was great to be able to set the pace for our day, too. We spent just the amount of time at each place that we wanted to, and Franco filled in the extra time with some interesting extras (the keyhole at Malta, Lion's mouth, etc).

Lunch at the restaurant he recommended was delicious, and they made a special order pasta to fit my food allergies (no extra charge, no fuss).

I'd do this say again in a heartbeat, and highly recommend you consider it if you are in Rome for a day!

Can't say enough about Rome In Limo. We just returned from a Mediterranean cruise and used their services in La Spezia (Pisa and Florence), Rome and the Amalfi coast (Pompeii). We did use guides at the Vatican and in Pompeii and saw and learned so much more than we would have on our own. All were very professional and made our first trip to Italy a joy. It was so much better and less expensive than using Royal Caribbeans tours. There were far less people (8) and we got to see things the buses never could have gotten us to. A lot less walking as well. They were right there when we left the ship and got us back on time with out a worry for any of us. Don't hesitate to use this great company. A special shout out to our drivers Raffaele and Enrico. We learned so much from them. Thanks for a memorable time.

• 2 weeks later...

We used Rome in Limo in Rome & Florence also transfer from Rome to port. Franco in Rome and Elizabeth in Florence were great. Would use them again if we ever go back. Marco took us to the port but did not get to spend much time with him but he was great also.

• 2 weeks later...

We used Rome in Limo last month. I did report on our experiences but it did not appear on this board. We used them in Rome and Florence. We stayed a bit out of town but were picked up at our hotel. Franco was our driver guide. His knowledge of the area and ability to speak English was excellent. He took us to the major sites and even took my husband and myself to a church I had never been to before, while my sons were at the Colliseum. We then met with Maximo, a guide for the Vatican, Sistine Chapel and St Peter's Basilica.

He was also extremely knowledabe and pointed out things we would have never discovered on our own. I have no complaints about this Company. I used them in June of this year as well. They provied excellent driver guides, confortable cars or vans and above all they are reliable.

We also used them in Florence. Our driver guide Elizabetta picked us up at our hotel and took us into Tuscany. We went to Modena to a balsamic vinegar factory, we visited an organic parmagian cheese factory and a parma ham factory. All places had very knowledgable English speaking owners. The trip was great. Elizabetta made a great trip incredible. I would recommend this company and their drivers to anyone visiting the areas they service. I will definatley use them again when visiting Italy.

I would not hesitate to use them again

I used Rome in Limo for an excursion in November 2013 while in Livorno for the day. I must say that they are an excellent company to work with. I swear that Jany sits by the computer just waiting to answer emailed questions - literally, that is how quickly I would hear back.

We chose the Pisa & Florence tour as we wanted to see as much as we could in 1 day. Everything went just as promised. The drivers (we had 2 vans) were just outside the ship holding signs with our names. Vinny & Sabrina were our drivers. I was in Vinny's van, and he provided excellent service. We left for Pisa first, and truly arrived with no crowds (much less people) around. We had plenty to time to explore, with clear directions of where to meet. We then headed to an olive oil factory where we saw the olives that were picked that day being pressed into oil. We drove to Florence, stopping along the way for beautiful pictures. Heading to Ponte Vecchio and the surrounding shopping areas was followed by Santa Croce square, where Vinny had made arrangements for those of us who wanted to have lunch. He chose an excellent place that was inexpensive and had the best food. We then headed to the Accademia for those who wanted to see David and then headed to the Duomo. We would have loved to have more time at the Duomo, but enjoyed the time we spent. Since Vinny had heard that I never had Italian gelato before, he made it a point to stop at a place across the river for homemade gelato for us to try before we drove back to Livorno.

During the ride back, I had the pleasure of chatting with Vinny about everyday things - families, daily life, political issues. He is a fascinating man who is very knowledgeable about this area of Italy. You can tell how he takes his job very seriously, wanting to make sure that you have the best experience possible.

I would definitely recommend using Rome In Limo and if in Livorno, ask for Vinny - he won't disappoint you!

I used Romeinlimo on my last cruise to Italy and I just have to say that I don't think I would have had such a great experience without them. They were wonderful, I felt like they we were part of their family. Carmine from Naples was my absolute favorite, he took such good care of us and made sure that we saw everything that we wanted to see. I am going back in October but doing a land vacation and I most definitely going to use them again. They are a great company to work with and Jany is the best, she answers all your question very quickly and I really think she has a life line attached to the computer, lol:D Please don't hesitate to use them, you will not regret it and they will make your vacation so much better. Linda

Have just returned from a christmas cruise with MSC. We used Romeinlimo for our 5th time for a tour of Rome which we undertook with friends who had never been before. Once again we had excellent service, driver waiting at the gate in the port, a very comfortable mercedes car and Franco was our driver and guide. His english is excellent and even though it is our 5th time in Rome, he still gave us new information and showed us the usual tourist sites for our friends and also ones we hadnt been before, namely the catecombs. He dropped us at a wonderful restaurant for our lunch which was a high standard but bery reasonably priced. We once again packed in a huge amount of sightseeing and arrived back at the port in plenty of time for our ship, without ever feeling that we were on a "whirlwind tour". Thankyou again Romeinlimo and we will definitely use your company again and I would recommend this company for anyone especially from a cruise as if there are at least 4 of you, it works out cheaper than the ships excursions, and you will see far more.:)

Have just returned from a christmas cruise with MSC. We used Romeinlimo for our 5th time for a tour of Rome which we undertook with friends who had never been before. Once again we had excellent service, driver waiting at the gate in the port, a very comfortable mercedes car and Franco was our driver and guide. His english is excellent and even though it is our 5th time in Rome, he still gave us new information and showed us the usual tourist sites for our friends and also ones we hadnt been before, namely the catecombs. He dropped us at a wonderful restaurant for our lunch which was a high standard but bery reasonably priced. We once again packed in a huge amount of sightseeing and arrived back at the port in plenty of time for our ship, without ever feeling that we were on a "whirlwind tour". Thankyou again Romeinlimo and we will definitely use your company again and I would recommend this company for anyone especially from a cruise as if there are at least 4 of you, it works out cheaper than the ships excursions, and you will see far more.:)

It seems you had a great day :) thanks for sharing your experience with us.

Edited by samavarcruiser