RomeInLimo questions

jalynn

Nobody seems to be worried about missing the ship, so I assume this happens rarely, if ever. Do they have a guarantee or anything? I hear traffic from the port to Rome is horrendous so I would think it a valid fear. Anyone able to put my mind to ease?

Nobody seems to be worried about missing the ship, so I assume this happens rarely, if ever. Do they have a guarantee or anything? I hear traffic from the port to Rome is horrendous so I would think it a valid fear. Anyone able to put my mind to ease?

Rome In Limo took us to & from the ship in Rome & Naples on two different trips and never a worry about getting back on time....they know the roads...and they know the roads to take if one is too congested with traffic. I would have NO worries at all about this....

They waited at the airport for 3 hours for us when our plane was late...it was our 1st contact with them and we've never been disappointed since. Great company to work with and great tours.....can't think of a single downside to hiring them....just superior in every way....

For those that have used Rome In Limo, I have a quick question. I have booked 4 tours with them for a cruise we are gong on in April. There are 4 of us and I am pretty sure when I booked it said we would have a minivan. When I got my confirmation it said we would have a sedan. I went back and looked at the website to check. I didn't look at all 4 tours but looked at a couple and they did say minivan. I questioned them about it and they said that we could have a minivan but it would be 50 euro more per port (doing away with the discount). I asked them why the website said minivan and they sent me a link and showed me that it said sedan. They have changed the website! I am seriously considering cancelling. What type of vehicle did others get?

Unless the 4 people are unusually big I don't think you will have any problem and if you just want more space than pay the extra 50E....Rome In Limo tours are worth the money you spend, I sure wouldn't opt for a different company for this reason....

We had the van, but another group had a sedan next to us, and they fit 4 people no problem (we pretty much did the same route as them all day in Florence so we kept bumping into each other). I hate to put it this way, but its going to be determined by average passenger size. If more than 2 of the pax are above average width I might have a concern for spacing.

For those that have used Rome In Limo, I have a quick question. I have booked 4 tours with them for a cruise we are gong on in April. There are 4 of us and I am pretty sure when I booked it said we would have a minivan. When I got my confirmation it said we would have a sedan. I went back and looked at the website to check. I didn't look at all 4 tours but looked at a couple and they did say minivan. I questioned them about it and they said that we could have a minivan but it would be 50 euro more per port (doing away with the discount). I asked them why the website said minivan and they sent me a link and showed me that it said sedan. They have changed the website! I am seriously considering cancelling. What type of vehicle did others get?

Part of it is in the planning, your route will usually be scheduled to arrive at the ship no less than 1 hour before sailing. Also, the drivers keep each other apprised of conditions so they can adapt (for example, coming back from Rome, our driver got a text there was an accident or something on the main road so he took a side road to bypass). Buses were still showing up 45 minutes after scheduling sailing due to the delay. We probably would have sailed, but one bus had new crew coming on board.

Unless the 4 people are unusually big I don't think you will have any problem and if you just want more space than pay the extra 50E....Rome In Limo tours are worth the money you spend, I sure wouldn't opt for a different company for this reason....

Yes, I know we could just pay the extra 50E. I guess what bothers me is that their website did say there would be a minivan. But instead of them saying the website was wrong and they had corrected it, they changed it and made me think that I was wrong. One of the tours I had booked did still say on the website that a minivan would be used. I took a screenshot and sent it to them and asked if this port would be a minivan. They said that all 4 of the port would use a sedan. Their website has now been changed to reflect that.

Yes, I know we could just pay the extra 50E. I guess what bothers me is that their website did say there would be a minivan. But instead of them saying the website was wrong and they had corrected it, they changed it and made me think that I was wrong. One of the tours I had booked did still say on the website that a minivan would be used. I took a screenshot and sent it to them and asked if this port would be a minivan. They said that all 4 of the port would use a sedan. Their website has now been changed to reflect that.

Well its up to you on what you decide to do, I understand your frustration, but can only state my own experience with this company, which is excellent, guess you have to decide whether this issue will tarnish your trip enough to go with someone else. It wouldn't me but only you know how you will feel.

Edited by Gracie115

I would not cancel RIL just because I didn't have the mini van, they are fantastic. When I booked my tours I paid the extra for the mini van but if I couldn't get it I would still have them as my tour company. They took such good care of us and made sure that we saw many things that the cruise line bus would never get you too. They are the best and Jany is a wiz at her job and will work with you if you have a problem. Linda

We have used both, and have never once been uncomfortable. I like the sedans as well, because it gives you a different feel of luxury, and either way, you will have an excellent ride, and an excellent experience. I have taken more than 15 tours with Romeinlimo, so can easily attest to how fantastic we feel they are in terms of fun, creativity, service, professionalism, and maximizing every minute in Italy for the tourists. I have supported their services over and over because I believe them to be so far above the rest. We have had private tours in Italy,

Greece, France, Turkey, Istanbul, and bar none, Romeinlimo is the best at delivering excellent product for the customers. I wish they were in so many other places!

I have only been to Italy once but all my tours were booked through RIL as well as our transfers. Our experience with them was so wonderful that I booked them again for our trip in October, we had such great personal service and interaction with them that I wouldn't think twice about booking them again. I feel that my short time in the ports that we used RIL were filled to the max and I enjoyed my time to the fullest. Don't hesitate to book them for your tours as you will not regret using them but will be extremely happy that you did.:) Linda

RIL question. We have booked them for Aug and our contract says minivan, We have two tall bigger men that would not be comfortable in a sedan. So are we just out of luck even if our contract says minivan?

That really seems that they are breaking their contract. Anyone recently get off a ship in Rome and get a sedan instead of a minivan that was originally ordered? Just wondering what is going on. How reputable can they be if they change their contracts after you book with them.

Thanks

RIL question. We have booked them for Aug and our contract says minivan, We have two tall bigger men that would not be comfortable in a sedan. So are we just out of luck even if our contract says minivan?

That really seems that they are breaking their contract. Anyone recently get off a ship in Rome and get a sedan instead of a minivan that was originally ordered? Just wondering what is going on. How reputable can they be if they change their contracts after you book with them.

Thanks

I am confused. You state they are giving you a minivan in your contract. Email Jany at RIL and tell her about your situation. In our case, we were a party of 3 and had a Mercedes sedan in Rome. In Naples, our driver met us at the port in a minivan. Rico told us that he chose the minivan so we would have a better view sitting up high as we toured the Amalfi coast. I as well as thousands of other satisfied customers can attest to their stellar reputation.

I am certain you will be a huge fan after you have experienced their services.

Thanks

Has Jany told you it would be sedan instead of minivan? Are you paying the mini van price or the sedan price? Why do you think you will get a sedan if you booked a mini van?

How many people do you have total? Frankly the leg room in the sedan is better than in a minivan where one seat is piled on another unless you have too many people for a sedan. A minivan is just that, not a big "Suburban" type SUV...

As far as their reputation why not look at the LITERALLY thousands of happy posts here.....

I am basing my request on mfanderso issue where they originally ordered a mini van and then they were told they would get a sedan unless they wanted to pay extra e50.

I have checked our contract and it says mini van for e 500 yet their website does in fact now show a mini van at e550. I am certainly aware of the size of mini vans.

Of course I will be emailing Jany however I just wanted to know if anyone else had ordered a mini van when it was e500 and are now told it would be an additional e50.

That just does not sit well with me and I am sure it would not sit well with many others e50 is a lot of money to me! I certainly am not doubting their services as I have looked at the many not sure it is LITERALLY THOUSANDS happy posts, just the method, if this in fact is true.

I am basing my request on mfanderso issue where they originally ordered a mini van and then they were told they would get a sedan unless they wanted to pay extra e50.

I have checked our contract and it says mini van for e 500 yet their website does in fact now show a mini van at e550. I am certainly aware of the size of mini vans.

Of course I will be emailing Jany however I just wanted to know if anyone else had ordered a mini van when it was e500 and are now told it would be an additional e50.

That just does not sit well with me and I am sure it would not sit well with many others e50 is a lot of money to me! I certainly am not doubting their services as I have looked at the many not sure it is LITERALLY THOUSANDS happy posts, just the method, if this in fact is true.

Your post comes across as a bit hostile. I know email does not always reflect someone's tone. But if you check Trip Advisor, there are currently 2,274 positive reviews on their services which proves my point. I am confident that Jany will sort this out for you.

Edited by celebrity

Your post comes across as a bit hostile. I know email does not always reflect someone's tone. But if you check Trip Advisor, there are currently 2,274 positive reviews on their services which proves my point. I am confident that Jany will sort this out for you.

Sure felt the hostility came from two previous posts! I am not trying to questions their services, just trying to find out if ANYONE ELSE had the problem of getting a quote and later having that changed. That was my question. But thanks for the info on the # of positive reports!

So, has anyone else had a problem with getting a different mode of transportation than they previously booked from RIL?

The only way you will know is if you email Jany, she responds quite quickly so why not do that and find out for sure what you can expect. We've never had an issue in the over 10 different times we've used them for tours/transfers.

Also above poster is right, don't just look here, look at Trip Advisor. If they "regularly" did not honor their bookings as booked I don't think they'd get the consistently high marks they get on any travel site....

But I understand your concern...the only way to know is to speak/write to the company. If Jany says you will get a mini van...then I would feel completely confident that that is what you will get.....

Typically, when the rates are raised, unless a company notified you otherwise, they will honor the booking rates unless you make a change to the itinerary.

That's not a given, depending on the reason for the change (like tax increases), but common.

I would simply check with Jany to confirm.

The Van/Sedan issue is different. That's partially based on the number of pax.

I just want to clarify my situation. Their web site said mini-van and that was what I ordered. When I got the confirmation it said sedan. When I questioned them I was told that a mini-van would be 50 euros extra. I actually had a screen shot of the website that showed mini-van. After I questioned it the website was changed to sedan. I would assume if your confirmation that you received from them said mini-van that is what you would get. Maybe they had too many people making reservations and they didn't have enough mini-vans for everyone or they figured out they could get a higher price for them. Even though I have never toured with them I don't think I would worry if your confirmation says what you in fact ordered.

Just for the record, I know all of you are very satisfied with the services you have received from them and i am sure they are very good, but with what happened to us we decided to tour with another company in all 4 ports. The company we chose also comes very highly recommended on trip advisor and my travel agent.

I just want to clarify my situation. Their web site said mini-van and that was what I ordered. When I got the confirmation it said sedan. When I questioned them I was told that a mini-van would be 50 euros extra. I actually had a screen shot of the website that showed mini-van. After I questioned it the website was changed to sedan. I would assume if your confirmation that you received from them said mini-van that is what you would get. Maybe they had too many people making reservations and they didn't have enough mini-vans for everyone or they figured out they could get a higher price for them. Even though I have never toured with them I don't think I would worry if your confirmation says what you in fact ordered.

Just for the record, I know all of you are very satisfied with the services you have received from them and i am sure they are very good, but with what happened to us we decided to tour with another company in all 4 ports. The company we chose also comes very highly recommended on trip advisor and my travel agent.

Thank you mfanderso for clarifying. You could very well be right about the possibility that they were overbooked and did not have a van. I did notice that the price has changed on the web site. I will also confirm with them that we will have a van and I will go from there based on what is said. Thanks for sharing what happened to you as I do believe that is the purpose of this site. Thanks Again

there are several tour companies with great reviews, hope you will be happy with who you chose.....

I'm a little confused about one thing: if Romeinlimo confirmed a sedan, may I assume your group is 4 people or less? If so, why would you want a non-Sprinter van which typically seats 6-8 anyhow? For the leg room? The cost of operating a van-based tour for fewer than 4 persons is usually cost prohibitive. Or are you saying you have a 6-8 person group for which Romeinlimo booked a sedan?

Thank you mfanderso for clarifying. You could very well be right about the possibility that they were overbooked and did not have a van. I did notice that the price has changed on the web site. I will also confirm with them that we will have a van and I will go from there based on what is said. Thanks for sharing what happened to you as I do believe that is the purpose of this site. Thanks Again
If you confirm with Jany for a particular vehicle type, the number of passengers and a price, then that is what you will receive and pay for. Over the past several years, I have booked DOZENS of tours and transfers using all types of their vehicles (no, I'm not a travel agent but I cruise alot and organize many tours for my roll calls!), and have NEVER had a problem with the vehicle type or quality. So to answer your question: No, Romeinlimo has never changed a vehicle type and then requested additional monies. :) Edited by Terpnut

I'm a little confused about one thing: if Romeinlimo confirmed a sedan, may I assume your group is 4 people or less? If so, why would you want a non-Sprinter van which typically seats 6-8 anyhow? For the leg room? The cost of operating a van-based tour for fewer than 4 persons is usually cost prohibitive. Or are you saying you have a 6-8 person group for which Romeinlimo booked a sedan?

We are a group of 4 and find it very uncomfortable for 3 people to sit in the back seat. I am usually the one to sit in the middle and it is sometimes difficult to see as we are riding. Just a personal preference. I am just saying that at the time I booked the tour the website said the vehicle was a minivan but after the tour was booked, the confirmation stated we were to get a sedan and at the same time the website was changed to reflect this and I was told that if I wanted a minivan it would cost extra. Our group has booked many private tours and have had both types of vehicles and we always try to get a minivan when possible. If the tour is a shorter tour, a sedan is fine, but an all day tour it is too uncomfortable for us.

We are a group of 4 and find it very uncomfortable for 3 people to sit in the back seat. I am usually the one to sit in the middle and it is sometimes difficult to see as we are riding. Just a personal preference. I am just saying that at the time I booked the tour the website said the vehicle was a minivan but after the tour was booked, the confirmation stated we were to get a sedan and at the same time the website was changed to reflect this and I was told that if I wanted a minivan it would cost extra. Our group has booked many private tours and have had both types of vehicles and we always try to get a minivan when possible. If the tour is a shorter tour, a sedan is fine, but an all day tour it is too uncomfortable for us.
I see. Since I wasn't involved with your booking, I can't know what happened. All I can say is that, as a regular customer, I have never seen Romeinlimo either change the confirmed vehicle or the published rate. They have always been consistent and reliable.