RomeInLimo questions

jalynn

Hello, on all tours we had in Europe including our 3 tours with RomeInLimo, a 10 -12% tip in euro to the drivers/guides I gave I think was acceptable.

Has anybody tipped the drivers and if so what do you think is a fair amount?

Hi

On Romeinlimo website, it says they take you to a restaurant during the Rome highlights day.

I am a little unsure about this for 2 reasons:

1. Can anyone give me an idea of the prices, as trying to keep costs down

2. I dont like it when they take you to a restaurant as feel a little cornered.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Hi

On Romeinlimo website, it says they take you to a restaurant during the Rome highlights day.

San01, you can always ask the driver/guide to take you to a good but reasonably priced restaurant. In Florence, Elisabetta took us near the plaza where she recommended a couple of good restaurants, in Rome Nik brought us to a resto (forgot the name) that had the best carbonara I had, and in Sorrento, Tony brought us to Il Leone which had the best Napoletana pizza we had. Price ranges from 8 - 12 euros.

Hi

They took us to two different restaurants in different ports, as we used them on our last trip for day to Pompeii and our day in Rome.. Another port too I just forget.

Anyway both Restaurants were wonderful my favorite was on the cliffs above the Amalfi Coast, gorgeous views and sinful food... And introduced us to Lemonchello.

Anyway the food was also great in Rome, our driver pre-ordered for us.

As to the cost, good question.... I guess I must confess that after three ports of hiring RIL plus private guides for the Vatican and Pompeii.....

I guess all I can say is both meals were very lovely and memorable and while I don't remember what we paid I certainly don't remember the price being out of line or taken advantage of. Don't get me wrong these were very nice but local Restaurants both mom and pop places in great locations. In Rome it was very near the Vatican.....

My advice go with the flow, you are taking a fabulous vacation and don't go out to dinner at home (2 or 3 times) and save that $$ for a nice meal in Rome.

Rome in Limo is a wonderful experience and they have a great reputation for a reason.... Let them do what they normally do!

JMHO

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

The driver will gently question you about food interests and budget. Then take you to a restaurant that matches your needs. No reason to feel trapped. Don't miss the opportunity to eat real Italian.

Prices can probably start at around 12-15 euros per person, and go up.

Edited by CruiserBruce

La Tagliata was still the top of the Amalfi Coast, certainly the highlight of my cruise. It was family style at $35 pp....we reserved in advance. They're on the web.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

La Tagliata was still the top of the Amalfi Coast, certainly the highlight of my cruise. It was family style at $35 pp....we reserved in advance. They're on the web.

It was an OMG experience!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hi

You will not feel cornered at all. RIL private tours are geared for your needs and interests.

We also booked the Rome Highlights tour and our driver Francesco asked us how much time we wanted to spend dining and if we wanted to shop. Our goal was to see as much as possible and we had no interest in shopping. When it was time for lunch, we told him we wanted a quick lunch followed by gelato. He brought us to an area that had a pizza shop and a few doors down sandwiches. We opted for the pizza and sat outside enjoying the view. He then took us to Old Bridge Gelataria which was wonderful. Check their reviews on Trip Advisor. :)

Our next stop was the Vatican which is just around the corner from Old Bridge.

The entire day went like clockwork. Can't wait to return and utilize their services again.

We had one women should wanted to keep costs down, so the group agreed yo go to a cheaper place for lunch....we should have just asked for driver recommendation....that's one reason why they're great- bet he would have had a hood recommendation if we didn't put a price cap on....

We used RomeInLimo in the first week in May from the cruise port at Naples and they are much cheaper and better than the ship's excursion.More than 2,500 posts on this forum is testimony enough to this company - with very few complaints.

Jany is very efficient and keeps you updated.We had a group of eight booked through the roll call for our ship and although none of us new each other to start with,we soon had a great day with Diego.There was an untimely strike by workers on a busy day which shutdown the only road to Positano and many bigger buses did not make it there.Diego kept in touch with other drivers and eventually got through and we missed nothing.The van was very comfortable and they also organized a good guide for Pompeii.

One of the best days of our Mediterranean cruise.

We have used Rome in Limo many times on previous cruises and decided we had to use them again. We were docked in Livorno and already visited Pisa & Florence so we asked for something a little different taking in the Tuscan countryside. Jany put together the Volterra & San G tour as advertised but added in the wine tasting with lunch at a private estate (extra cost but well worth it). We loved the little towns of Volterra & San G and would love to go back again one day for longer to explore all the lovely shops, streets and restaurants.

Our wine tasting was amazing! We had 9-10 different wines, pairing foods and lunch. Safe to say we were all very happy after about 30 mins! It was the highlight of the day and the winery were great hosts.

Gian, our driver & guide, was very knowledgeable and friendly. We couldn't fault anything and it's great to be able to visit places with a nice small group rather than the large shore excursions from the ship.

Cannot recommend them highly enough and will be using them again on our next trip to Italy.

Missminnie,

This sounds just like what I wanted to do. I was thinking of taking the excursion with Celebrity but I love Rome in Limo. I will work on getting a group together for October. We are sailing on the Equinox with Celebrity.

Pat

Missminnie,

This sounds just like what I wanted to do. I was thinking of taking the excursion with Celebrity but I love Rome in Limo. I will work on getting a group together for October. We are sailing on the Equinox with Celebrity.

Pat

You'll love it. We got to all the places before the big tour buses and the lunch/wine tasting was private - just our group and 4 others in one room. Not on mass.

Hope you find people to join you.

Laura

Missminnie,

Pat

The Equinox and Rome in Limo. Doesn't get better than that.

Enjoy every minute!

Just returned from our European vacation and we used RomeInLimo for our tours in Italy. We had 3 very knowledgeable, professional and entertaining tour guides -Salvatore, Claudio and Tony. RomeInLimo was highly recommended and they came through with flying colors. From our initial contact with Jany to the actual tours were seamless. The availability to pay in advance with no foreign transaction fee made it worry free. We enjoyed the cuisines of the regions and the personalized tour guides provided for our visits to The Vatican and Pompeii were very knowledgeable.

The personalized tours made our experience in the cities we visited outstanding. We give RomeInLimo 5 stars and recommend it to all looking for a tour company in Italy.

MaryAnn and Tony

Vincenzo (Viny) was the best! He was friendly, helpful, very informative, and absolutely wonderful! We travel with a transport wheelchair, and he was so helpful in meeting our special needs. We spent the day with him and really were able to see all the highlights of Rome. He really exceeded our expectations and gave us great service, We were a family of three adults. When we needed "restroom" breaks, he found us clean & pleasant places to stop. We highly recommend Viny and RomeInLimo!!! You'll enjoy Rome with them!

(Dennis, Jan, & Melanie)

Edited by Carnivalluvers

We participated in the Naples Enogastronomic Tour during our cruise on NCL EPIC in May 2014! What an awesome food tour and great way to see Sorrento and the Naples countryside! Our driver, Tony, spoke excellent English, had an amazing sense of humor, and was extremely hospitable. He is originally from Sorrento and was very knowledgeable about the area and all the food sites we saw. Everything about this tour was great, but come prepared to feast...we had mozzarella tasting, olive oil tasting, lemoncello tasting, made our own pizzas, and finished up the day at a great winery partway up Mt. Vesuvius.

Great company to work with as well...we tried to set this up for a shared tour and advertised via our Cruise Critic Roll Call but it ended up being a private tour for the two of us when no one else was interested. All email communication with Jany at the Rome in Limo office received prompt replies and they easily flexed to a private tour from a shared one. I saw great reviews of this company on a number of cruise message boards and can say without a doubt that they lived up to their reputation.

Highly recommend this tour and this company! Thank you, Tony, for a fantastic experience!

Has anyone used RIL for hotel to port transfers in Rome? Or even airport to hotel in Rome? Have a Rome-Rome cruise booked for 9/2015 and while I was in Europe last year we just stopped in Civitavecchia and went into Rome with RIL (Fabio is awesome and hopefully still there to do a day guided tour with us in 2015 lol). I'm seeing prices all over the place.

Has anyone used RIL for hotel to port transfers in Rome? Or even airport to hotel in Rome? Have a Rome-Rome cruise booked for 9/2015 and while I was in Europe last year we just stopped in Civitavecchia and went into Rome with RIL (Fabio is awesome and hopefully still there to do a day guided tour with us in 2015 lol). I'm seeing prices all over the place.

We have used them for Naples and Rome tours, plus airport to Rome hotel, Rome hotel to port, port to airport. Is there a specific question you have?

We have used them for Naples and Rome tours, plus airport to Rome hotel, Rome hotel to port, port to airport. Is there a specific question you have?

Pricing is it the flat fee like they charge for the tours of say 8?

Pricing is it the flat fee like they charge for the tours of say 8?

The pricing is really based on the vehicle. A party of 8 will require a larger van style vehicle, which I think seats 8. You will get a price for that style vehicle. It would be the same for 5, or 6, or 7, in that same vehicle, if I recall correctly. But a run from your Rome hotel is not the same as an 8 hour tour. For example, an 8 hour tour for 2 in a sedan runs about 500 euros. Transport Rome hotel to port for 2 runs about 130 or so euros.

Have you used the website to request a price from Rome in Limo?

Edited by CruiserBruce

The pricing is really based on the vehicle. A party of 8 will require a larger van style vehicle, which I think seats 8. You will get a price for that style vehicle. It would be the same for 5, or 6, or 7, in that same vehicle, if I recall correctly. But a run from your Rome hotel is not the same as an 8 hour tour. For example, an 8 hour tour for 2 in a sedan runs about 500 euros. Transport Rome hotel to port for 2 runs about 130 or so euros.

Have you used the website to request a price from Rome in Limo?

I've used RIL before and have. But was just wondering if anyone had used them as a just a transport. Yikes. 260€ for four seems quite pricey. Thanks for the estimation.

we used Rominlimo and had Nikki (Nicolla) as our guide. She was Exceptional - you would not need an additional guide in Vatican as she knows it all, and the rest of Rome as well. Get the Vatican tickets on line for the time Romeinlimo specifies. Otherwise you will waste hours in line. I would not do Vatican without a guide as you will miss things AND you will stand in long lines that the officially-sanctioned guides (Nikki is one of them) can avoid. Time is your most precious commodity on these trips, don't waste it. Nikki will fill every moment and will adjust to your requests. We did tip as the tour was excellent - and she was very grateful.

We signed up with RomeInLimo for 4 stops on our recent Med Cruise on Serenade of the Seas. Been home less than a week

We just want to thank all of our guides - Clara in Florence, Francesco in Rome, Diego in Naples & Alex in Sicily. They were so different but all so knowledgeable, and professional. We left each and every port thinking that we had made new friends. These drivers/guides are so kind and actually seem to care that you have the best time on your tour. We had private tours for just the 4 of us at each stop. This made it possible for us to see so much more and get dropped off closer than the big buses offered by the cruise line.

In one day we started the day visiting the Leaning tower of Pisa, driving through the countryside on way to the olive oil factories, ending the day at Florence, visiting the museum to see "David" and walking the streets of Florence and we were back to the ship before 5pm. Thank you Clara.

Another day we visited every site that Rome has to offer. We actually visited not just a drive by. It was a dream come true for all of us. We feel that we definitely saw everything there was to be seen at each port. Thank you Francesco and also for getting us back in time to the ship with all that crazy Rome traffic.

We hired guide for Pompeii and the Vatican museum as suggested through RomeInLimo and both Alessia and Michela were excellent. Michela brought Pompeii to life for us. We could almost see the everyday life was like in Pompeii through her vivid descriptions. Highly recommend spending the extra money for guides at these two places. Diego took us to lunch in a small restaurant in Positano that had amazing food and breath taking views of the Amalfi coast. Thank you Diego.

Finally Sicily and a trip to Mt Etna, Taormina and then on to the all important shopping in Messina. Thank you Alex.

I highly recommend this company. We chose to pre-pay for these tours before we left home. It was a little scary sending money to someone that you only heard of on the internet but they were so professional and answered all our emails inquiries very quickly. It made us very secure in trusting them and our trust was not misplaced. They delivered on their promises and then some with the most professional, knowledgeable staff that we have ever had the pleasure of touring with. Thank you all so much for making this trip so special for us.

If anyone has questions, feel free to ask them. Having just come back last Friday, I'm more than eager to talk about our amazing experience with this company.

Mar23....it sounds as though you had an excellent experience with RIL! I am wondering if you tipped the drivers and/or the guides and if so could you give a suggestion as to how much? We will be using RIL next month for 3 ports and have hired the guides for the Vatican and Pompeii. Thanks so much!