Vancouver Airport Transportation

Rosieo

Has anyone used the Airporter transportation service?

http://www.yvrairporter.com/

We have 3 people and I don't think with luggage we could fit into a cab. I'd like to find a service that is reputable. Or does anyone else have any other suggestions. We will be coming in at 7:15 pm on a Thursday evening and going to the Westin Bayshore.

Has anyone used the Airporter transportation service?

http://www.yvrairporter.com/

We have 3 people and I don't think with luggage we could fit into a cab. I'd like to find a service that is reputable. Or does anyone else have any other suggestions. We will be coming in at 7:15 pm on a Thursday evening and going to the Westin Bayshore.

For two people, take a taxi ($30ish at that time of night). for 3 take a limo from the airport, no need to pre-book, $39.00

http://yvr.ca/guide/toandfrom/limos.asp

Thanks Scottbee. I am assuming that is the price for the limo for all three of us, correct?

Yes, it's per vehicle. The reason I say limo vs taxi, is that Vancouver taxis are small (Toyota Prius typically).

• 2 weeks later...
For two people, take a taxi ($30ish at that time of night). for 3 take a limo from the airport, no need to pre-book, $39.00

http://yvr.ca/guide/toandfrom/limos.asp

Just caught this thread, hope you are still around. Could you please tell me what limo you can get for $39 and not pre-book? I contacted High End Limo and we were quoted $50+tax and we have to reserve ahead of time.

How many people in your Party - I am pretty sure that the $39.00 + GST of 5% is the set rate for a town car - the $50.00 + is for a larger limo. High end limo is now the official limo company servicing the YVR.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Dennis

How many people in your Party - I am pretty sure that the $39.00 + GST of 5% is the set rate for a town car - the $50.00 + is for a larger limo. High end limo is now the official limo company servicing the YVR.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Dennis

Oh, that's probably the difference. Yes, there is 6 of us. I just hate the reserve ahead of time thing. If it were a perfect "flying" world, I wouldn't care but there are too many variables for us. I'm going to have to call them and see what they suggest. I just hate to have to pay for 3 taxis. I was hoping that scottbee knew something I didn't. Thank you.

Oh' date=' that's probably the difference. Yes, there is 6 of us. I just hate the reserve ahead of time thing. If it were a perfect "flying" world, I wouldn't care but there are too many variables for us. I'm going to have to call them and see what they suggest. I just hate to have to pay for 3 taxis. I was hoping that scottbee knew something I didn't. Thank you.[/quote']

You could probably get away with 2 taxis if you're friendly people :-) However, the 6 person limo still probably makes the most sense, if it's $75.

Do keep an eye open here though, if the new Skytrain(subway) opens even a week earlier than planned you could take that. The current word is "by Labour Day". It's runs from YVR to Canada Place (block away), and the cost is only $3.75/ea. As soon as there's any new news I'll post it here

"I am REALLY hoping for an early opening.....but for sure not counting on it because I know how those things go"

That Labour day date is already about 90 days earlier than originally planned.

One reason it might start up a few days before Labour Day is that with the introduction of that service a large number of existing bus routes are eliminated, changed and new ones start + our universities will be in full swing so they might want to get the bugs out a few days early.

All the track work is complete and the test trains are running - the only work being done now is on the stations and roads around them.

Cheers

Dennis

"I am REALLY hoping for an early opening.....but for sure not counting on it because I know how those things go"

That Labour day date is already about 90 days earlier than originally planned.

One reason it might start up a few days before Labour Day is that with the introduction of that service a large number of existing bus routes are eliminated, changed and new ones start + our universities will be in full swing so they might want to get the bugs out a few days early.

All the track work is complete and the test trains are running - the only work being done now is on the stations and roads around them.

Cheers

Dennis

Keeping my fingers crossed.:rolleyes:

You could probably get away with 2 taxis if you're friendly people :-) However, the 6 person limo still probably makes the most sense, if it's $75.

Do keep an eye open here though, if the new Skytrain(subway) opens even a week earlier than planned you could take that. The current word is "by Labour Day". It's runs from YVR to Canada Place (block away), and the cost is only $3.75/ea. As soon as there's any new news I'll post it here

I don't think I've seen any price announcements yet but I have heard that there will be a surcharge for airport passengers.

I'm sure it will be cheaper than a taxi or even the Airporter but it will take longer and if it is crowded it may be inconvenient if you have a lot of luggage.

"but I have heard that there will be a surcharge for airport passengers"

No I don't think that is going to happen - perhaps ScottBee can confirmed since he is at the Airport

Cheers

Dennis

I don't think I've seen any price announcements yet but I have heard that there will be a surcharge for airport passengers.

I'm sure it will be cheaper than a taxi or even the Airporter but it will take longer and if it is crowded it may be inconvenient if you have a lot of luggage.

Originally there was talk about there being a YVR surcharge. At this point, the talk has all disappeared, although I wouldn't put it past anyone to bring it back. Even if they deem YVR at zone 3, it's only $5.

Skytrain will be able to nicely outpace any form of transport from the airport to downtown, virtually any time of day (perhaps at 3am a taxi might win) YVR to Canada Place. Skytrain will kick the cabs butt over and over, and as for being convenient, you ROLL your luggage on and off, how difficult is that?

Regarding the cabbies - the City wanted to continue to increase the number of cabs within the City but the Cabbies put up a big fuss that with the loss of business to the Airport because of Skytrain they didn't want any more competition on the roads - so I agree with

Scott than rapid transit will be the way to go - trains will be about every six minutes so even the wait won't be that long.

Cheers

Dennis

I think there are a couple of things to remember with the Canada Line:

Firstly from an economic point of view YVR is going to loose some revenue from cabs and limos so there will be a temptation to levy some kind of a fee on top of the fare.

Secondly, and don't misunderstand my remarks because there is no question that the line is going to be terrific asset to the community but it will only work for the person who is able to travel light and has full mobility. A disabled person with luggage is going to have problems with it and so may people you who have a couple of suitcases, laptop, garment bag, hat box a carry on....you've seen the pix....they are going to have a problem with the line.:)

Firstly from an economic point of view YVR is going to loose some revenue from cabs and limos so there will be a temptation to levy some kind of a fee on top of the fare.

Secondly, and don't misunderstand my remarks because there is no question that the line is going to be terrific asset to the community but it will only work for the person who is able to travel light and has full mobility. A disabled person with luggage is going to have problems with it and so may people you who have a couple of suitcases, laptop, garment bag, hat box a carry on....you've seen the pix....they are going to have a problem with the line.:)

Yes, and YVR will also gain some advantage. As soon as Skytrain is in service, they are dropping shuttle bus service from long term parking and people using long term parking will need to haul their luggage on Skytrain anyway for the last stop. (Skytrain is FREE within the airport zone).

I suspect longer term YVR will also encourage rental car operators to move out to near where the Templeton station is, rather than having car rental right at the terminal.

You are right in that some people will still stick to taxis. From large parts of metro Vancouver, the downtown skytrain link makes little sense vs taking a cab. Let's say you live at Metrotown in Burnaby. A taxi to YVR will be about $20-25. Taking skytrain would involve riding Expo Line all the way downtown and then Canada line back out to the airport

Archived