how much alcohol is allowed

ckr31

You can only bring wine and champagne on board (per the "official policy"). Here is what it says in the contract about it:

Passengers agree not to bring alcoholic beverages of any kind (except wine and champagne) on board for consumption. You must surrender alcoholic beverages that are purchased duty free from the ship’s gift shop, or at ports of call, to Carrier, which will be delivered to Your stateroom on the last day of the voyage. A corkage fee of $15.00 U.S.D. per bottle (which is subject to change without notice) will be applied to wine and champagne brought aboard by You and consumed in the ship’s restaurants.

Hi

On the Sun Princess we were permitted one bottle of wine or champagne each per shore excursion. This can be consumed anywhere except the bar or dining areas where there is a AUD$25 corkage fee. Hard liquor eg. whiskey is not permitted to be taken onboard. ;)

Official policy is unlimited beer, and one bottle of wine per adult. Officially, anything else the will collect at the gangway and return the last night.

Unofficially, I have never seen it enforced.

Official policy is unlimited beer, and one bottle of wine per adult. Officially, anything else the will collect at the gangway and return the last night.

Unofficially, I have never seen it enforced.

Paul, although many carry beer onboard, I don't think the 'unlimited beer' is anywhere in the Princess policy. The official statement is one bottle of wine or champagne per passengers for alcohol, and since beer IS alcohol, many do this only as the rules are not enforced. I am waiting for them to announce that beer carried onboard will soon be against the policy, or at least limit the amount brought on, as I have seen many check a suitcase full of beer direct to their stateroom. Moderate amounts they don't seem to blink at, but many are taking this to the next level and carrying their six pack to the pool in insulated containers. I doubt it will take too much longer when they begin enforcing some of these rules. But of coarse, that is just a guess on my part. ;)

We sailed on the Sea Princess in March. We carried a litre of gin in our luggage without a problem. We also bought wine and beer at each port of call.

Hi Pauline

Not often I see someone with that (my) name:D

OP- We took a bottle of Bahama Mama (not leaving home w/o it) and Jack Daniels in our luggage. On an excursion we bought Tequila (not for consumption) and was allowed to take it to our cabin. In theory, if you wish to have the alcohol in your carry-on, switch vodka to a water bottle or dark alcohol to an ice tea bottle. The more alcohol we had in our cabin the more we spent at the bar. We had the highest bard bill ever.

Happy Cruisin'

Paul, although many carry beer onboard, I don't think the 'unlimited beer' is anywhere in the Princess policy. The official statement is one bottle of wine or champagne per passengers for alcohol, and since beer IS alcohol, many do this only as the rules are not enforced. I am waiting for them to announce that beer carried onboard will soon be against the policy, or at least limit the amount brought on, as I have seen many check a suitcase full of beer direct to their stateroom. Moderate amounts they don't seem to blink at, but many are taking this to the next level and carrying their six pack to the pool in insulated containers. I doubt it will take too much longer when they begin enforcing some of these rules. But of coarse, that is just a guess on my part. ;)

Agreed. This is one of those topics where self policing will likely keep the enforcement police away. Personally, I thing taking beer onboard will be one of the issues that will make enforcement happen. A case of beer adds about almost 20 lbs to each suitcase...something that probably makes the various luggage handlers not happy after hoisting several dozen of them. Plus, showing up at poolside with something that isnt sold onboard throws up red flags too. Bringing a couple bottles of your favorite hooch onboard & leaving it at that will probably help to keep a good thing going for all.

Archived