trying again....

redrdeo

i posted awhile ago asking about the weather in Hawaii during the holidays and no one answered me!!!!:( I'm pretty sure someone has to know how it is....Please ! i'm begging you! Can't someone find it in their heart to answer my question? it is the holiday season afterall!:o please!

Thanks!:)

Cory

i posted awhile ago asking about the weather in Hawaii during the holidays and no one answered me!!!!:
There have been numerous posts/responses re. what the weather is like during just about every season of the year. Winter weather is variable, it can rain, and generally does windward. Leeward is usually clear except when the Konas blow then it too can be wet (Ka`anapali got three of four inches of rain New Years Day 2004.) As I write this (7:30 A.M.) it is 68 degrees in Kahului, and will probably reach the low 80s by noon. Warmer temps in Kihei and Lahaina. To "locals" 68 is cold, but our visitors are walking around in shorts.

In short, about all you can be certain of is you won't need a windshield scraper (except atop the mountains!)

HA HA!

Cory, I dont know where youre from, but you wont be cold. I am a former New Englander and I find that even in the dead of winter, I hardly wear pants or a sweater (usually a night and rarely at all).

Last Christmas I was dying of the heat...ok an exaggeration...but we were in shorts and T's all day....New Years is similar. I dont think it gets too cool (again 78-80 daytime and high 60's to low 70's in the middle of the night) until January.

Its cooler when its cloudy or rainy. I would have an umbrella with me.

When you're used to rain that freezes on contact with anything, a few showers, or even a downpour in Hawaii is a welcome change....at any time of year. A cold day in Hawaii is still better than a warm day in the frozen north in December or January.

Thanks SueBee, I needed a chuckle. *smile*

I need to figure out where my next vacation is going to be just so I have something to look forward to. I feel lost at sea with no vacation goal....Might be a Vegas one with Ohana next summer...wish it was the Star to Alaska though!

Emi

Me too....I dont think we can manage the $$ now though. My job unfortunately has no funding for next year so as the say, I have to collect my nuts for the winter. Or Pray. I am hoping to do the Big Island next summer so don't leave that week! ;)

I feel lost at sea with no vacation goal....
Would it be impolite to mention that our Panama Canal cruise aboard the Legend of the Seas sails 71 hours from now... :D To stay we're stoked is an understatement!!!

Did the Hawai`i CC group Alaskan cruise next summer fade away? Bob & I are looking for something for next summer & are thinking of Alaska again.

Thank you all....I know the weather in hawaii since i have been there before however my dad has not...he has been bugging me to get a response from you guys!!! I really appreciate it!

We are from good ol Wisconsin so the weather here sucks. Sometimes i wonder why we live here. Today the temp is 43 (it is 915 am) and it is foggy-er than foggy this morning with rain that will turn to snow later tonight, lovely driving weather isn't it????

BLECH!

Anyways, thanks for the info.

We will be staying at the hilton hawaiian village after our cruise for a few days, anything recommendations that we see while we stay? (we will be doing pearl harbor etc right after getting off the ship....)

Thanks again!

Cory

Sandi!!!! Wooooooooooooowwwwwwww!!! Are you already gone?? I'm sorry, didn't see this message until just now. I soooooo wish I could have been on there with you....have a wonderful time. Let me know all about it! *smile*

Aloha,

Emi

Aloha and mahalo nui loa Suebee, Emi, Spleen... Yes, we're frantically washing clothes, packing, backing up computer files, watering plants, etc., etc., etc!!! :( BUT, at 11 tonite we take the ole red-eye :eek: to San Diego and board the Legend tomorrow. To say we're stoked is an understatement. :D :D

We'll be back in Hawai`i after Xmas (overnite on Oahu), and home to Maui the following day. We'll probably post our cruise report on the RCCL thread, but we'll put a link here.

Mele Kalikimaka to all!!!

So, what are we doing to cruise next summer guys??? :rolleyes:

We look forward to seeing you back on the boards....

As for next summer....Hmmm We'll see!

Chris seems to be on Maui a lot. He was most recently there for the halloween thing (which was rained out) at Lahaina. I still got a Tshirt though! Ha ha.

Emi, the Big Island tour comes in the winter months usually....I'll let you know.

SueBee,

We will be up near Turtle bay (unit faces the beach) in mid January. The place we are staying only has fans and no A/C. We are from the mid-west and live in a very humid area. The thought of having no A/C if scarey. Do you think this situation is going to be terrible???

You'll be fine on the North Shore on the beach in January. Trade winds will be strong and the overall temperatures are lower this time of the year. You might find it too cool even. :)

(we're getting lows in the 60s at night right now)

Spleen

I agree with spleen...these days we are not feeling enough heat to put on the air in the daytime (except in the car) and nights we are using a blanket. According to the weather forecast, it seems I live in the hottest part of the island and I can attest that it is cool from dinner to breakfast! You will be fine with a fan for sure.....now, no air in July? THAT would be an issue! :)

Archived