What cool stuff or travel gadgets do you take on a cruise?

sam1148

I looked on amazon for the Belkin thing and ended up ordering the fancy version that is twice as big by mistake....then I read there is an outlet behind the bed that takes a European plug....my husband is telling me i'm nuts as he is moving the bed saying that it does not look like an outlet...well....I just sat there repeating one of the do hickeys that came in that box would solve this problem.....he finally agreed to check and fixed it all up so I did not have to use an extra cord for anything...apnea machine,2 nooks,3 phones....one to play white noise...and a small box fan....that little box is a workhorse!

plan to get one for my night stand to rearrange the plug ins to work better for me...

what kind did you end up getting? can you post a picture or a brand?

A clever shoe I plan to buy and take on the next cruise is the snap on shoes. I'm not sure if we are allowed to post brands, so I will leave the name off, and just describe them. You buy one shoe bottom, and then a bunch of different snap on tops, to match various outfits. So, I can take ONE pair of shoes, and a bunch of tops, which take up a lot less room than a bunch of shoes! The soles are expensive, but once you buy the first one, you don't need to buy more unless you want a different heel. Clever idea someone came up with!

I went looking for these shoes, and in addition to your Onesoles, I also found Switchflops. What a great idea! I've ordered shoes and a bunch of different tops, and Ive told my husband that it's all your fault. :p. Thanks, I'm going to have fun with these!

• 4 months later...

I hope some of these suggestions can help somebody.

I got one of those plugs that goes into the European outlets on the ship and converted to American style. Best thing. Two outlets right on the desk. My Belkin stayed in the drawer.

My cab didn't get cool enough and they changed the air filter. Perfect, very cold.

They delivered a fan to the room but the extension cord was a power strip which I tripped over. Would have loved a regular 6 foot power extension cord but didn't have one.

I needed an extra bag. Could have used something sturdy, lightweight with a zipper.

On a recent Ms Noordam cruise on HAL, we took a wireless doorbell that we ordered from Amazon.

The button was attached to our door with blue-tac and the bell was taken onto the verandah whenever we were both there. The crew loved using it and we could respond to everyone knocking on our door even when we could not hear knocking.

I always bring a WiFi decoder. It basically pulls in signals from a great distance. That coffee shop in port that has free WiFi if you buy something, I can use that WiFi on the ship sans password. Its pretty much free WiFi on-board on port days. Kinda like a rum-runner for WiFi

:eek:

This seems like a good idea

Sandy in Spain

I've had my kindle library since 2009 nothing's been deactivated or removed. I'd go for it. I love it.

Me too. We've had Kindles since 2010. Our Kindle library is getting close to having 2000 books in it.

I always take a spare Kindle, plus my smartphone with the kindle app. DH does not want to be on the same cruise ship as me if I have nothing to read. ;) Actually on our last cruise my old Kindle starting playing up on disembarkation day. It lasted just long enough for us to get home.