Pools salt water or fresh

Majesty Fan

All four pools are fresh water. The nice thing about this is that the pools can remain filled in port. By CDC rules, saltwater pools are to be drained before the ship arrives in port.

Why you say?

Salt water pools are not chlorinated. They stay clean because salt water is drawn from the sea and sent through the pools once and dumped overboard, not recirculated. When the ship is near shore, the risk of drawing up contaminated sea water is much higher so that water is not used in the pools.

The ship also cannot make fresh water with the evaporators while near shore.

Yippee!! My kiddies and I hated the salt water pools on RCCL. Not at all refreshing to me and my kids stopped swimming because the salt water hurt their eyes, even with goggles on. Thanks for the good news :)

Just want to make a point that RCCL's Freedom class ships have fresh water pools (from what I hear) and I think the new Oasis and Allure will also be fresh water. From what I can gather, only RCCL's Freedom ships (Freedom OTS, Independence OYS, & Liberty OTS) as well as the Disney ships are the only cruise liners that have fresh water pools (I am assuming that the new Disney ships will probably be fresh water too0>

Just want to make a point that RCCL's Freedom class ships have fresh water pools (from what I hear) and I think the new Oasis and Allure will also be fresh water. From what I can gather, only RCCL's Freedom ships (Freedom OTS, Independence OYS, & Liberty OTS) as well as the Disney ships are the only cruise liners that have fresh water pools (I am assuming that the new Disney ships will probably be fresh water too0>

Yes, RCCL Freedom and Oasis class are fresh. Disney Magic and Wonder are fresh. And Princess is as well. :D

Yes, RCCL Freedom and Oasis class are fresh. Disney Magic and Wonder are fresh. And Princess is as well. :D

I am adding in one exception to the Princess ships, the 3 R class ships (Royal Princess, Pacific Princess, and Tahitian Princess) are salt water. The rest are fresh.

Archived