Going out of Boston

Lovrccl, are you sailing on 10/27/2009 Jewel repo? I can't find you on our Roll Call list. Won't you come on over to the Roll Call and join our great group. As mentioned, there are many who have taken this cruise before. Lots of fun things planned on board, too.

Bon Voyage

Nanatravel

Yep that is the one we are on. I just signed on to the Roll call, have not had time to read it. Been very busy with sick family members. Thanks.

We're also on the 10/27 repro of the Jewel. We rented a car, driving up the night before and staying at the Fairfield in Dedham and using our Marriott points. Next morning we'll head to the pier, drop off the luggage and then get rid of the car. For anyone that knows the area, are we best off dropping the car off at the airport? Or, There's also a location on Clarendon Street or Center Plaza where we could drop it off. How much is a taxi to the pier from the airport? There's just the 2 of us.

Hotels:

There is no such thing as a cheap hotel on Boston. Be prepared to pay through the nose for convenient and quality rooms. And they are not going to get cheaper, so book asap.

Parking:

Driving in Boston is a challenge. I would recommend parking your car upon arrival and leaving it there til you intend to head home. $15/day for parking is cheap for Boston. If that is what the pier is charging, I would grab it.

Activities:

The tour of Fenway is great. It's offered on days when there is no home game.

If the weather is nice and you can handle the walk, try the Freedom Trail. You don't have to walk the entire trail. You can pick and choose which sites interest you.

I don't know if the DuckTours will be running that late in Oct. but they are lots of fun and well worth the expense.

I doubt you will have any issues getting the bed/room you need. I am astounded by the price of the Sheraton. It tells me the hotel plans to be very empty during your stay.

Sometimes when prices on Priceline are so low it is due to constructure going on at the hotel. Been there, done that, not fun.

I would suggest the Boston Park Plaza. It is reasonable compared to other Boston hotels and the location is very convenient. The hotel is close to a subway stop, Newbury Street shopping is two blocks away, and the hotel has several nice restaurants. We live in New Hampshire but stayed there several weeks ago and loved it. We have stayed in many Boston hotels and honestly love them all, but the Plaza rates were hard to beat.

Cruisette - If you drop the car off at the airport, you can easily take the Silver Line back to the cruise terminal. Otherwise, my guess is that a cab will be $20-$25. If you haven't driven in downtown Boston before, I would suggest an airport return - it will greatly reduce your stress level in terms of a lower chance of getting lost.

Cruisette - If you drop the car off at the airport, you can easily take the Silver Line back to the cruise terminal. Otherwise, my guess is that a cab will be $20-$25. If you haven't driven in downtown Boston before, I would suggest an airport return - it will greatly reduce your stress level in terms of a lower chance of getting lost.

Thanks, that's what we were planning to do all along, but I thought I'd ask just in case one of the other address's was around the corner. At lease with staying in the area we'll have plenty of time and won't have worry about the traffic between Jersey & Boston.

Archived