Would a 2.5 yr old get into the 3+ playgroup?

JulieS1022

Hi,

I have a son and daughter who are inseparable, aged 3.5 and 2.5. I was wondering how strict Royal C are on their Aquanauts programme? We'll be sailing on Independence in just over a week and it would be great to get them off our hands for a few hours every day, but they'll only stay together!

Thanks,

Julie

From the research I have done and from experience on Carnival, they are pretty strict with the age limits. My 23 month old wasn't allowed to participate in Carnivals' program which starts at 2. And I think with RCL, the child also has to be potty trained. I hope someone has a better answer for you!

First of all, your 2.5 year old is not old enough to be in Adventure Ocean on RCI. The minimum age is three. You can go with your child to the Aqua Tots program, which is 45 minutes a day, but you must stay with your child for the entire time. If your three year old is completely trained, he/she can go to the lowest group in Adventure Ocean, but the younger one cannot. You can attempt to find an in cabin babysitter---you must go to the Purser's office and arrange for an in cabin sitter, for an hourly charge.

As kitty9 indicated the 2.5YO is not old enough for AO.

The lower age limit on RCCI AO program is primarily for insurance purposes. The liability insurance RCCI purchase that covers their kids programs is written with the lower age limit in mind. They really have no latitude to "bend" that rule.

The completely potty trained rule is primarily due to sanitary regulations. Adventure Ocean facilities are not set up to deal with the sanitary issues that diapers/pull-ups pose. Staff is not trained. Facilities are not stocked with the necessary supplies.

Yep, zero chance. :( Independence is a great ship though. They will be able to both go to the Royal Tots program with you. They are 45 minute sessions, 3 times/day.

They are not held at the Adventure Ocean Aquanauts room...the sessions are held elsewhere on the ship.

But as far as dropping both of them off at Adventure Ocean and leaving, nope, sorry.

Archived