Solstice Sky Suites....

SunFunCruiser

We were in Sky Suite 2121 for 14 days and it was fabulous! Noise from Oceanview Cafe above wasn't an issue for us at all. They S2's are really a wonderful cabin, very spacious, plenty of storage, nice sized balcony w/overhang and a fabulous shower! Also a great location, close to stairs & elevator, short walk to pool, spa, exercise. With the Oceanview Cafe right above, it's perfect for breakfast and lunch. We really loved the cabin!

Patty

We had a sky suite under the cafe on our cruise and LOVED it. We did hear thumping noises everytime a dish cart was wheeled out to the serving stations (the floors are tile and the grout joints cause this) and we did hear muffled, faint walking during busy parts of the day. But our enjoyment of the cabin was not impacted by this at all and we would book another again.

Has anyone stayed in one recently? They have them available on the resort deck mid-ship, but it seems they are under high traffic areas and I was wondering about the noise.

We stayed in 2152 aft. I STRONGLY recommend you grab a Sky Suite on aft. No traffic whatsoever, fabulous 180 views! Its the best!!

We stayed in 2152 aft. I STRONGLY recommend you grab a Sky Suite on aft. No traffic whatsoever, fabulous 180 views! Its the best!!

Hi,

We'll be in 2152 in September, did you like this cabin?

We were in 2134 S2 in November and it was fabulous.

I don't think I can justify spending an extra $1600 on a suite this go around.

If prices drop, Ill jump on it.

Thanks,

Mari

Mari,

I never can justify the extra cost for a SS. However, you will love #2152. The view is awesome, total privacy (nobody above you looking down). In the morning, before your breakfast is delivered to your verandah, you can sneek down to the pool in your robe and select your lounge chairs for the day or even better grab one of the belaniese beds for the day.

The Resort deck is great because most of your activities are right there or within one deck. The only time we used the elevators was to exit the ship or go for dinner. BTW, I strongly recommend the Tuscan Grill...excellent! You may also want to throw a couple of your favorite box wines into your luggage for daily consumption in your cabin. We would also fill our wine glass right before dinner and take into the restaurant. Never had to buy wine. Also ask you cabin steward for cheese and crackers and shrimp cocktails in addition with your daily canapes....wonderful!

Also write down whatever you like on the breakfast menu and they will bring it to you.(If you give your cabin steward a $20 at introductions,it will go a long way.) He even brought us a complimentary bottle of champagne each evening and your supposed to only get one.

Interactive TV is great.Bathroom is great! Best cruise ever. We booked another on Eclipse for 2011. LOVE IT!!!!

• 1 month later...
We were on the Solstice in April and stayed in a S1, which was aft. We loved it.

We are looking at booking an s1 skysuite aft for the equinox next year. On the deck plans the higher the deck the larger the corner aft suites look. Do you know if this is true?

Archived