Best place to zip line?

We have ziplined in Belize and Puerto Vallarta (Los Veranos). We liked ziplining in Puerto Vallarta better. Belize was only about 6 to 7 zips, where Puerto Vallarta is around 15. Puerto Vallarta was longer and faster, and you end at a really great complex. There is a river you can jump into, monkeys to play with, and a restaurant/bar. The last zip in Puerto Vallarta is two parallel lines, so you race another person. I'm glad we did Belize first or I think I would have been disappointed. Belize is good if you've never ziplined before. It is in and around some cool caves and rock formations. We are trying ziplining in Vancouver in a month. We'll see how it compares...

Good information. Yeah I was just wondering why people were saying Belize was the best, and no one mentioned Puerto Vallarta. Now I haven't personally done the PV ziplines, but I have heard about it from this board. People say like you that PV is pretty good cause the amount of the zip lines -around 15. Thanks.

We have ziplined in Belize and Puerto Vallarta (Los Veranos). We liked ziplining in Puerto Vallarta better. Belize was only about 6 to 7 zips, where Puerto Vallarta is around 15. Puerto Vallarta was longer and faster, and you end at a really great complex. There is a river you can jump into, monkeys to play with, and a restaurant/bar. The last zip in Puerto Vallarta is two parallel lines, so you race another person. I'm glad we did Belize first or I think I would have been disappointed. Belize is good if you've never ziplined before. It is in and around some cool caves and rock formations. We are trying ziplining in Vancouver in a month. We'll see how it compares...

who did you do the ziplining with/through in Belize?

I have zipped in Jamaica and Puerto Vallarta. In Jamaica, it was green and beautiful and the 1000 ft zip over the gorge was beautiful, you could see a waterfall as you flew over. In PV, there was zip AND rapple! We rappled down a waterfall, very cool, and rappled out of a tree into a stream. And we zipped into a stream, over your head water! Was very cool. And the adventure started out with a 20 minute mule ride. I liked PV better for the adventure aspect (the tour was called Outdoor Adventure Extreme). I liked Jamaica for the beauty.

looks like cave tubing. com only has cave tubing (just did that in Ocho Rios-loved it, but want to try something new) and ATV Jungle tours. I have heard a lot of good things about them.

:( then it must have changed, because it used to offer both together.

So its not a matter of - Its the best location to zipline but just that there isn't much other options??

Here is who we used: http://www.ncqadventuretours.com/tours.html

They also have other options. I never worried about not making it back in time. We had lots of time to do both & did not feel rushed at all. Next time we go to Belize it will be with Nacho & Cynthia as well but the Ruins. Nacho is very knowledgeable and will keep you entertained. He also uses a very nice van.

We went to Roatan the week of 4/19 and Carnival was not booking zipline excursions at Roatan due to a zipline death in March. A Norwegian Cruise line passenger fell to her death on the zipline b/c the primary cable broke and she was not hooked to the safety line. Not sure if they have started rebooking zipline excursions in Roatan.

who did you do the ziplining with/through in Belize?

We booked it through the ship. One thing to consider is that it is quite a drive out to Jaguar Paw Reserve where they do the ziplining. It takes about an hour each way. The cavetubing is also at this reserve. The drive isn't a big deal if you are expecting it.

If you decide to zipline here I highly recommend bringing some heavy duty bug spray. We may have been there on a bad day, but the bugs were horrible. We all sprayed ourselves with bug spray (not the deet kind) on the ship. I guess it had worn out by the time we got the zipline because we were eaten alive. My daughter had probably 50 bites on her legs. Get the high percentage deet spray and bring it with you to apply there. I don't want to seem negative because we had a really great time there. But, we would have enjoyed it more with better bug spray.

We booked it through the ship. One thing to consider is that it is quite a drive out to Jaguar Paw Reserve where they do the ziplining. It takes about an hour each way. The cavetubing is also at this reserve. The drive isn't a big deal if you are expecting it.

I too was expecting a long drive but when we went it was closer to 40 minutes. Our guide kept us entertained with riddles all the way & it really felt like it was only about 20 minutes. I have a 9 year old (8 at the time) & we had the best day there. We also got to each lunch inside the resort after & it was nice to get inside with the A/C.

We went to Roatan the week of 4/19 and Carnival was not booking zipline excursions at Roatan due to a zipline death in March. A Norwegian Cruise line passenger fell to her death on the zipline b/c the primary cable broke and she was not hooked to the safety line. Not sure if they have started rebooking zipline excursions in Roatan.

Yes, they have & the lady that fell had gotten stuck on one of the lines a guide went out to get here & they both fell. This was actually at the zips the cruiselines go to. It was not the Pirates of the Caribbean. Roatan has several ziplining locations. You can find out more about this by doing a search on the Roatan port of call thread.

Archived