Voyager August 7th

We are on the August 7th sailing of the Voyager to the Baltics. Trying to decide whether or not to get a visa for St Petersburg. Does anybody have info on where the Voyager docks in St Peterburg. I have heard mixed info.....if it docks downtown I would certainly want the ability to get on and off the ship independently. If we are dock 30 minutes away at the freight pier I wouldn't bother with the visa. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

I would check with Regent (or ask your TA to check with them). Regent docks in both places. Not sure how far in advance they know exactly where they will be docking.

Are you planning on visiting major sites (like the Hermitage) on your own? Or, do you just want to walk around the city? One reason that so many cruise passengers use private tours (or ship tours) is ease of access into these extremely crowded tourist places. There could easily be 20 busloads of people in line at the Hermitage. With a tour guide, you could avoid the long lines. Also, places like Catherine's Palace is approximately 45 minutes by car out of St. Petersburg -- not an easy place to get to on your own.

If you plan on obtaining a visa, you may want to do it in the near future to make sure you have it before your cruise.

Have a good cruise! It is a beautiful ship and a wonderful itinerary:)

I have tried contacting Regent and have now gotten an answer with them. We have booked all major attractions with Regent as they are now included. We still have 2 afternoons and 1 evening free that we would consider leaving the ship on our own if it was convenient. Thanks for your info.

Archived