Can We See Salmon in Late June & Early July?

tarheelmjfan

My sister's only request is to see salmon. None of us fish, so we hope to see them another way. Our stops are Juneau, Skagway, & Ketchikan, & we're sailing from 6/27 to 7/4. Will we be able to see them in any of these ports? If so, is there a particular tour we need to take? TIA for the help. :)

You need to investigate this further, you may be too early. I did not see any on my June or July trips. But always have seen them in August, and Sept.

Contact the Juneau Hatchery. The viewing there, is via a plexiglass salmon ladder. But likely you could walk to the "entrance" and see there??

Thanks for the info. Are the salmon in a natural setting, like a river, or in a contained setting? She'd like to see them in a natural setting, if possible. I'll do some research on the hatchery.

Hi Ken & Tammy!!

How are you guys doing? What ship are you going on? We are also going to Alaska. (in June on the Rhapsody)

Rebecca & Tom

You need to investigate this further, you may be too early. I did not see any on my June or July trips. But always have seen them in August, and Sept.

Contact the Juneau Hatchery. The viewing there, is via a plexiglass salmon ladder. But likely you could walk to the "entrance" and see there??

Your trip is way too early to see 'natural' salmon.

Thanks to both of you for the help. Does anyone have suggestions for seeing non-smoked/ non-dead salmon anywhere? ;)

Hi Ken & Tammy!!

How are you guys doing? What ship are you going on? We are also going to Alaska. (in June on the Rhapsody)

Rebecca & Tom

Hi Rebecca,

It's good to hear from you. :) Kenneth isn't going on this cruise. I'm going with my sisters on our annual sister trip. We're sailing on NCL Star. Other than that, I don't know much about it. One of my sisters called to say she booked our trip, & we'd be going on a cruise to Alaska. :p I'm not sure what to expect from NCL. My sisters & I have a very different idea of what a good vacation is. I mostly go to spend time with them, since I'm the only one who's moved away from our hometown.

Have you been to Alaska before? The cruise Kenneth, Kenny, & I took to Alaska in June was great. The weather was beautiful. I hope we're as lucky this year.

No, Tom and I have never been to Alaska, so we are very excited. Plus, we are spending a couple days in Seattle to look around. We went to Bermuda on NCL and really enjoyed the relaxed "freestyle". You and your sisters have fun!! :)

Archived