Gardemoen Airport Hotel

A similar question may have been asked before - I need a hotel room near the Gardemoen Hotel for one night this August. I checked several internet sites, and found the Gardemoen Airport Hotel is several hundred NOK less expensive than any of the others. There were two reviews on Trip Advisor, and both were good. Has anyone on this forum stayed there? Any advice? What did you like or not like about the hotel?

We'll arrive at the airport airport around 8:00 PM and will be leaving in the morning around 6:00 AM - so we are looking for an inexpensive place to sleep for a few hours. This hotel has a shuttle available for transportation back and forth to the airport - I'm just concerned since it is quite a bit less expensive than the others.

Thanks!

I havent stayed on that particular airport hotel (but a collegue of my wife has, and she said it was adequate but nothing special). I have stayed on several of the other hotels around the airport, and they have all been fine. In general, most of the hotells around the airport are fairly new, and they make their only living from airport customers, so they know what is expected and live up to it.

I wouldnt be worried at all, as hotels in Norway has a fairly high standard, even budget hotels (might be small rooms, but they are clean and the service is usually good).

Arlendius

Oh, one more thing.

Whatever hotel you choose, DO NOT use a taxi to or from the airport. They have an _insane_ policy at the airport where even local taxis have to pay a really high amount just to be allowed to drive on to the airport area. So a Taxi ride of 5 minutes will cost you at least 300 NOK ($45/€33).

All hotels have shuttle busses that are either free, or will cost you around 50 NOK pp with children under 16 for free.

Arlendius

Archived