Just off FOS!! Ask away!!

Do you know anything about cell phone usage onboard? We are going with our kids in a month. i dont care to make calls back home since we are on vacation but I was wondering if there would be excessive charges if our kids texted us and let us know where they were onboard etc., if the texting, calling would even work, and how much that may cost. We use AT&T for cell service if that means anything. Any experience?

Weather was amazing!!! We had two hours of rain on Friday otherwise it was perfect! As far as cell service goes we have at&t and we were able to get cellular at sea but we haven't seen the charges yet :eek:

Also the shoulder steak was with some decent shrimp, so I just got a plate of those and was happy.

I was on Freedom the past week too, and had a great time. I thought the food was just as good as the food we had on Adventure last May, which was good. We ate in the MDR every night.

It did look like they had cut back on staff a bit since last year - no bar waiters in the MDR anymore.

thanks troy and carol, thats settled my mind as everytime i look on net its rain and thunder.

cant wait now, and we are fortunate that cozumel is back on so bring on dolphins.

thanks again

craig

Do you know anything about cell phone usage onboard? We are going with our kids in a month. i dont care to make calls back home since we are on vacation but I was wondering if there would be excessive charges if our kids texted us and let us know where they were onboard etc., if the texting, calling would even work, and how much that may cost. We use AT&T for cell service if that means anything. Any experience?

I believe AT&T texting is $0.50 per text onboard. Ours is a little less at $0.25 per text since we have a special plan. Call AT&T (*611 on your phone) and ask them, but it will probably be $0.50.

We ate in the Wind Jammer at the buffet most of the time. The pizza at Sorrento's was really good as well! We had the steak in the MDR, it was COLD and tough. The service was SLOW and not friendly (and yes I realize they are serving 1500 people or whatever:) I was under the impression that if your glass was half empty you would be filled, etc. We had to ASK for refills and butter. I am NOT a complainer but we just weren't impressed with the service nor quality! Have fun!

Seriously, how AWESOME is Sorrentos? We ate lunch there every single day. The tiramisu is the same that is served in portofinos. I loved the foccacia with eggplant, prosciutto, and olives. I'm from NY so I'm picky about pizza.

Sorrentos is the reason I am doing South Beach now LOL! Need to lose those pizza pounds.

Seriously, how AWESOME is Sorrentos? We ate lunch there every single day. The tiramisu is the same that is served in portofinos. I loved the foccacia with eggplant, prosciutto, and olives. I'm from NY so I'm picky about pizza.

Sorrentos is the reason I am doing South Beach now LOL! Need to lose those pizza pounds.

It WAS great!! I thought I had probably gained 10 pounds the way III ate, but I have lost all 4 pounds already! Woohoo!

Do they offer and did you participate in my Time dining?

I was on the May 4 - 10 sailing. My Time Dining was available, and we did participate. I could have been my imagination, but I felt the service was more personalized, we felt like the wait staff was attentive to all of our needs. On lobster night (which DW hates but I love), the waiter brought me 2 extra, even though I didn't ask or hint that I would've liked more!! How did he know??!?

I'm still looking for someone who has been on Eastern itinerary out of Port Canaveral on FOS. Would love to know what are formal nights, as well as recommendations on what nights might be best for Chops and Portofinos.

I'm still looking for someone who has been on Eastern itinerary out of Port Canaveral on FOS. Would love to know what are formal nights, as well as recommendations on what nights might be best for Chops and Portofinos.

The first full sailing of the eastern itinerary out of Port Canaveral is sailing right now. You will have to wait until Sunday when it returns for any current information.

Every time I went there, it was closed. Every. single. time. They had some weird hours.

Did they have Quest on your trip? What were the lines like for the Flowrider and how often was the rock climbing wall open? Thanks.

They did have The Quest! It was so fun!! The lines weren't too bad for Flowrider in my opinion until the last day! They split it up into two sections so two people can go at a time. I would say most days there were 10 people in line. I don't remember times for the rock wall..it was hit or miss really.

They did have The Quest! It was so fun!! The lines weren't too bad for Flowrider in my opinion until the last day! They split it up into two sections so two people can go at a time. I would say most days there were 10 people in line. I don't remember times for the rock wall..it was hit or miss really.

Thank you.

If anyone has the menus from the MDR for the Western cruise, I would really appreciate you posting them. We are leaving on the August 2 Western cruise and are trying to decide on a night for either Portofino's or Chop's.

Thanks!

Mary Anne

Was there a good beach on Labadee that was close to the meeting place for the zipline? The rest of my family is doing the zipline but since I am chicken I plan to relax nearby with our stuff. How far is it from where the tenders stop?

Thanks.

Archived