Question for a Friend--Single Supplements

cruisead

A friend from church is looking into taking a cruise on Seabourn, but when looking very hard at the website, it does not list what the single supplements are for a cruise on Odyssey. Does anyone know what those supplements are, and do they change depending on sailing and cabin category. She saw that Crystal's supplements, which are based on cabin category, are plainly laid out on their website, but not for Seabourn.

Thank you for any information.

It varies, as you surmised, on the sailing and the number of suites allotted at each incremental supplement. I dn't know what it is for the Odyssey. Sorry.

However, I can attest that sailing as a single is very comfortable on Seabourn.

You're absolutely right, they are not posted on the website. You either have to call Seabourn directly or have a travel agent call. Always ask for guaranty, run of ship. You get assigned a cabin a couple of weeks before you sail, and it can be anywhere on the ship (Seabourn has all outside cabins....and they are all gorgeous). That will mean a 125% or 150% supplement usually. The earlier you book, the better chance you have of landing a lower supplement, since there are few of them per sailing.

I can't afford Odyssey. I have checked a couple of voyages and they were 200% for a single. Although the brochure said 150% or 175%, every time I've called Seabourn to ask about the fare it's, like, a million dollars. Okay slight exaggeration, but you get the point.

Regards,

Jane

Jane

I've been looking at the rates for the Odyssey and Sojourn TA Crossings ~~Nov.3rd-2010 Sojourn (12 days) $4,620 The Odyssey Dec. 6th 2010 $4,400 ~~compared to the Legend TA Nov. 11th this year, $2,760.

The solo rates for the new ships will be very expensive! Guess we'll need to find us a "roomie!":confused:

Martita B.

Hi there Martita, that is interesting about the fares. I know you like the crossings. Are you going to book the larger ship anyway? I'd love to try them out, but I just can't afford them.

My December cruise will be my Seabourn Swan Song. They are removing the three small ships from the Caribbean after spring 2010 and I will be priced out of the market. Since this December's cruise is on the Spirit, I will then have sailed on all three small ships...what a way to go!

Best wishes,

Jane

Jane

Don't be surprised if rates go down on the Odyssey & the Sojourn.

As we're all aware the travel (cruise) industry is suffering ~~

Cruise lines must try and fill up their ships ~~and will need to be competitive.

I have friends in West Texas that have booked an "X ship" TA Crossing for next Nov. ~~I could not believe their rate!! Plus free air to Barcelona and transfers ~~ I'm not interested in a huge, mega "Trailways ship" ~~but then I'm spoiled!:D

Keep checking Seabourn's rates ~~~

MB

Jane,

I agree. Don't give up on SB. Have your TA keep checking since the economy is not going to make a sudden 180. Especially if you can travel last minute it pays to check when final payments are due and cancellations come in. You might find great deals then.

Hi

Travelling all the way from Australia, I need a 14 day cruise minimum to make it worth the effort. I've requested quotes on a number of Seabourn cruises but the prices have been way too expensive for me because the lower single supplements haven't been available.

I'm so disappointed as I really wanted to do a Seabourn cruise to compare it to Silversea.

I love reading all your posts about how wonderful Seabourn is.

Here's hoping.....one day!

Cheers

Ging466

Archived