recycling clothing among cc members

Callydanny

I have learned in a short time on cc that some people are just unhappy with themselves so they want to make others miserable Try not to let those people get to you or they are getting exactly as they wanted....a rise out of others. All have a great day

Jamie

It has taken a while for me to decide whether or not to post this but I have decided not to be bullied by an email.

So just to be clear and set the record straight: I have not asked for dresses here to sell. This is absolutely NOT true.

I have been fortunate enough to receive some beautiful dresses and a pair of shoes from kind people here. 2 of the dresses that I received I posted here after I wore them and passed them along to others.

I have also posted and sent off 2 of my own dresses.

Any other dresses I was fortunate enough to receive here are still in my closet and have either been worn for a special event or will be worn on my February cruise. Should anyone who sent me a dress that I have not relisted here yet want their dress back because they believe me to be dishonest please let me know and I will be most certainly return it to you by mail this week. I will even try to get some pictures up here by the weekend.

And then I will back away from this thread.

My only other thought is to request you all try to be kinder to each other. If you don't believe someone try asking them privately and politely. You really don't know that much about the others here. Accusatory and unkind emails are hurtful especially when they are not true and are based on conjecture

Just as I'm amazed by the kindness shown by people on this board, I also never cease to be amazed by the brazen rudeness. You seem like a classy lady, hold you head high, look awesome in your dresses and don't worry about those who have time on their hands to stir up drama. Life is too short for that crap!;)

What a beautiful dress! Looks fantastic! I don't mean to be selfish, but I hope I can inherit a long gown of hers sometime!

You wear that one very well!

Michelle:)

What size dress do you wear? I will have some dresses in 8 and 10 after my cruise next month.

Thank you all for the nice comments. I took the dress today to get it shortened and it will be ready for my cruise in 10 days :). I am so grateful that I was able to receive two beautiful dresses from you ladies on here. Thank you so much for sharing.

Marie, enjoy your trip to Paris. I always loved to go there when I was still living in Europe but that was a long time ago.

Safe travels Marie! I hope you have a blast in Paris!

We are off to our first B2B cruise this weekend! I have dresses all picked out and will post pictures when we get home! Now all I have to figure out is how to get everything packed!

I just have to get through a trip to Chicago tomorrow and a workday on Friday!

Hugs

Kim & Larry

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

How exciting! Have a great cruise!:)

Safe travels Marie! I hope you have a blast in Paris!

We are off to our first B2B cruise this weekend! I have dresses all picked out and will post pictures when we get home! Now all I have to figure out is how to get everything packed!

I just have to get through a trip to Chicago tomorrow and a workday on Friday!

Hugs

Kim & Larry

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Here is one of the dresses that I got from Marie a while ago. Thanks to Iheartbda I can now post it. Here goes let's see if I remember how to do this.

http://AlaskaCruiseMay20133_zpsfe7408f0.jpg

Yeah!!it worked! I remembered.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Gerry

I was excited to finally see one of the dresses you got and it says you've removed it already.

I was excited to finally see one of the dresses you got and it says you've removed it already.

Grammyceej,

I didn't remove the picture. It was up there yesterday and when I went back on late last night it was gone. I don't know what happened. I will try it again so that you can see it.

AlaskaCruiseMay20133_zpsfe7408f0.jpg?t=1384403334

hope that works,

Have a great day,

Gerry

Grammyceej,

I didn't remove the picture. It was up there yesterday and when I went back on late last night it was gone. I don't know what happened. I will try it again so that you can see it.

hope that works,

Have a great day,

Gerry

You did it.:)

Very pretty gown.

You can change the size of the pictures if you don't want it so large. When you go to upload, on the window where it says, choose photos and videos. look for the gear/wheel on the upper right hand corner. Click on that and it will show different sizes. I find that the 640x 480 is a nice size for posting, not too big or too small. If you change the size, be sure to click on save, that will now be the size for any pictures you post. You can always go back and change that setting if you want.

You did it.:)

Very pretty gown.

You can change the size of the pictures if you don't want it so large. When you go to upload, on the window where it says, choose photos and videos. look for the gear/wheel on the upper right hand corner. Click on that and it will show different sizes. I find that the 640x 480 is a nice size for posting, not too big or too small. If you change the size, be sure to click on save, that will now be the size for any pictures you post. You can always go back and change that setting if you want.

I personally like that size photo......You don't have to get out a magnifier glass to see it

Very pretty dress

Grammyceej,

hope that works,

Have a great day,

Gerry

Beautiful dress and a great color. I especially like the train.

Strange what the computers do when we aren't looking. When I posted a picture and then took it down, it would not go away. Yours goes away and you didn't take it down. :confused: Cyberspace must be a really interesting place!:D

Grammyceej,

hope that works,

Have a great day,

Gerry

Gorgeous dress Gerry.

Great to hear from you all the way from Paris! Have yourself a fabulous time there!

Michelle:)

Yes! It look good on you. Gerry, thank you for posting a picture.

I'm in Paris. Slept 14 hours straight. I'm now up and ready to have fun-:).

Ladies, take care and sweet dreams.

Marie

Yes! It look good on you. Gerry, thank you for posting a picture.

I'm in Paris. Slept 14 hours straight. I'm now up and ready to have fun-:).

Ladies, take care and sweet dreams.

Marie

Hope you have a great time in Paris, Marie. Have a glass of "wine" for me! LOL ;)

Morning everyone,

Hope everyone is having a great day.

Thank you everyone for the compliments on my dress. I just love it........Thanks Marie.

Have a great time in Paris, Marie. Glad you made it safe and sound. How was business class?

hope everyone has a great day,

Gerry