recycling clothing among cc members

I have a whole pile of cruise clothes to share, I traded for them at a swap meet and so I wasn't able to try them on, and they just didn't suit me.

I didn't know if anyone here would be interested since they will be coming from Canada so the postage will be a little more expensive I think. Is there any interest?

I don't know their sizes, but I think you will find there a few women here with driving distance of Waterloo. :)

I don't know their sizes, but I think you will find there a few women here with driving distance of Waterloo. :)

Really? That would be awesome to meet some other cruisers :) I didn't know there were many other Canadian ladies here!

My clothes are all in the range of M-L, size 10-14. I'll take some pictures after my son goes to bed.

I took Mom her dress today and she LOVES it! It fits her and flatters her. She's going to be 85 in a couple of months and has been unhappy with the changes to her body shape. This dress made her feel beautiful and happy with how she looks.

She not only felt beautiful but looked it! You will never know how happy it makes me to see how happy you made her.

I took Mom her dress today and she LOVES it! It fits her and flatters her. She's going to be 85 in a couple of months and has been unhappy with the changes to her body shape. This dress made her feel beautiful and happy with how she looks.

She not only felt beautiful but looked it! You will never know how happy it makes me to see how happy you made her.

That is wonderful! I love to make people happy and feel beautiful. :)

Lisa

Hi ladies,

I have a whole pile of cruise clothes to share, I traded for them at a swap meet and so I wasn't able to try them on, and they just didn't suit me.

I didn't know if anyone here would be interested since they will be coming from Canada so the postage will be a little more expensive I think. Is there any interest?

I should also clean out my closet and post some shoes, but again postage is an issue. Would there be interest in costume jewelry as well?

Susie - I'm interested in clothes & jewellery. I'll be in Calgary in July so would just have it shipped there - saves the Customs hassle!

There are quite a few Canadians here.

But I have shared dresses with friends I met on this thread in the US and South Africa as well as Canada. I have been lucky enough to receive things from both the US and Canada.

This is a lovely sharing group of women!

I think the spa idea is wonderful, but instead of the certificate, I would book it and go with her. If it is were me; I would prefer your company.

That's what I'd say also. My Brother-in-law died at 52 and the weekend of their anniversary that year I took my SIL away to a nice hotel.

I drove by Waterloo twice today on the way to Newmarket and twice last week on the way to Toronto. :D

I grew up in Newmarket and now DH works there. :D

Drove through some of Waterloo on the way to St. Jacobs a couple weeks ago.

Edited by KandCsailing

Hi ladies,

I should also clean out my closet and post some shoes, but again postage is an issue. Would there be interest in costume jewelry as well?

I too live in Canada, so the shipping wouldn't be an issue. Just need to see the items and sizes.

I too need to take some photos and post them here, maybe now that we are finished with the Relay for Life Cancer walk, I'll have the time to get that done. BTW I walked 17 miles on Saturday and in two weeks time our three person team raised just over $1100!!!! Feels fantastic to give back in such a way.

CJ

Edited by Grammyceej

BTW I walked 17 miles on Saturday and in two weeks time our three person team raised just over $1100!!!! Feels fantastic to give back in such a way.

CJ

Good for you! I don't think there is a person on the planet that cancer has not affected in some way.

Edited by Scrapnana

It hasn't been officially recorded yet but I think there is a spike in the economy right now.......Saks, NYC.:D

LOL...It was not as much as the last time :p. Did you get a dog to guard your beautiful flowers :p? Got a new tennant who does not want furniture. We have to move everything to the storage this week. They are moving in on the 15.

While in NY. Ken parked my car on the street and forgot to lock the car doors. Someone took couple items out of my car :(:o.

I will call you later.

MLTY

M

Hello Ladies,

I just came back home today from the transatlantic on QM2.

It was my first cruise, my husband and I enjoyed every minute of it. We were spoiled! We are thinking about to book another cruise soon. Since we started with the QM2, anything less good won't be acceptable. We have absoultely no idea about other ships, which one is as good or better than the QM2?

Marie, I saw your photo in the image gallery. They made it into a kind of double photo frame, on the left is the pic of the QM2, on the right side is your close up pic.

Yoshikitty,

Are you going to do a review? I am going on my first TA and my first cruise on QM2 next year and I'm so excited - I have a million questions! LOL

I have been on RCI's Oasis of the seas and would be happy to answer any questions I can about RCI. Going to be on Brilliance in a few months as well.

Do you have pics? Let us know if you post a review and or pics - post the link for us.

Too funny that Marie's picture is front and center with a photo of the ship - she is MRS. CUNARD I think! LOL

Debbie

Hello Ladies,

I just came back home today from the transatlantic on QM2.

It was my first cruise, my husband and I enjoyed every minute of it. We were spoiled! We are thinking about to book another cruise soon. Since we started with the QM2, anything less good won't be acceptable. We have absoultely no idea about other ships, which one is as good or better than the QM2?

Glad the QM2 lived up to your expectations - I know how excited you were. Why don't you try one of the other Queens?

Please post some pictues!

Glad the QM2 lived up to your expectations - I know how excited you were. Why don't you try one of the other Queens?

Please post some pictues!

Scrapnana - are you doing the whole world voyage 110 days or part thereof? I am not sure I could be on a ship for that long :) Please fill me in

Sharon

Scrapnana - are you doing the whole world voyage 110 days or part thereof? I am not sure I could be on a ship for that long :) Please fill me in

Sharon

Hi, Sharon,

I am doing the full world voyage - 118 days Southampton to Southampton. I have been wanting to cruise around the world since 1996. I have loved each and every cruise I have been on (hated getting off the ship at the end) so I don't think I will get tired of ship life. My longest cruise so far was 2 weeks but I have spent a number of summers (I was a teacher) traveling and I don't mind being away from home for a long period of time. After years of coach tours the idea of unpacking once and letting the ship take me to destinations is very appealing. I also am a rotten cook and hate cooking so someone putting the food in front of me without me having to give it much thought is wonderful. I never get a chance to dress up so going on Cunard and dressing for dinner sounds fantastic (I guess I never grew out of playing "dress-up" as a kid).

I am going to write a blog during the cruise. I have never done one before so who knows how it will go. Unfortunately, I don't have a gift for writing like some of the great bloggers on here so I expect to include a number of pictures and minimal writing.

Kathi

Edited by Scrapnana

Scrapnana,

That is so exciting for you! I would love to cruise around the world and maybe after retirement I can make that happen.

I look forward to reading your blog. I just can't imagine trying to figure out what outfits to pack for that long. I'm guessing that one must be creative in mixing and matching and at least Cunard has a laundry.

Debbie

Hi, Sharon,

I am doing the full world voyage - 118 days Southampton to Southampton. I have been wanting to cruise around the world since 1996. I have loved each and every cruise I have been on (hated getting off the ship at the end) so I don't think I will get tired of ship life. My longest cruise so far was 2 weeks but I have spent a number of summers (I was a teacher) traveling and I don't mind being away from home for a long period of time. After years of coach tours the idea of unpacking once and letting the ship take me to destinations is very appealing. I also am a rotten cook and hate cooking so someone putting the food in front of me without me having to give it much thought is wonderful. I never get a chance to dress up so going on Cunard and dressing for dinner sounds fantastic (I guess I never grew out of playing "dress-up" as a kid).

I am going to write a blog during the cruise. I have never done one before so who knows how it will go. Unfortunately, I don't have a gift for writing like some of the great bloggers on here so I expect to include a number of pictures and minimal writing.

Kathi

Kathi cannot wait to read your blog. I am jealous that sounds amazing and in all honesty not sure it is something I would ever be able to do because (1) cost and (2) with 3 chronically ill boys - granted they are getting older 16,16,20 - I feel that I will be taking care of them and the like for the rest of their lives - but maybe not. I turn 50 this year so I have a bit to worry about that as I am a single mom.

I would be worried how I would get all I need for all those days in 2 suitcases especially as Cunard is more formal. Who are you going with and can I stow away in the trunk for at least part of the journey. Found it interesting you go to Egypt but not Israel and Kuala Lumpur is on my bucket list.

Cant wait to hear about your tip and who gets to go with you

hugs

Sharon

Hi, Sharon,

Kathi

I write a blog on every cruise we go on then come home and put it all together along with the photos into a book that is then printed into a coffee table book. So far I have 3 of them. Those books are all 100 pages or more, from one week cruises, I can't imagine trying to do one with a 110 day cruise. I look forward to reading your blog.

I get emails of this thread and I accidently clicked to unsubscribe, now I can't figure out how to subscribe again. Help!!!!

At the top right there is a button called "Thread Tools"...just above the first post of the page. Click that and then subscribe.

Lisa:D

Kathi

I am looking forward to reading your blog . I thought the recent blogs posted on the Cunard forum were hysterical especially the one written by "Whitemarsh " . I felt like I was on the boat with him .