recycling clothing among cc members

Welcome home Marie! Glad your mother is doing well. It must be so difficult for you to be so far away from her.

Good luck at the doctor today and I'm sincerely praying for you that this will be a quick fix and Marie will be done with doctors for a long long time!

Hmm, nude photos? Not sure I have that kind of guts! Or body! :D:eek:

So happy to hear your Mum is doing well Marie, but sorry to hear your having more medical problems. Will keep you & your Mum in my prayers.

Wow nude pictures, I don't think I could be that brave! I did have some "boudoir" pictures taken for my DH for our 10th. anniversary but I was wearing sexy lingerie! He loved all the pics & the large portrait hangs over his dresser. Was lots of fun to do & maybe I'll do it again for our 40th. !!! LOL ;)

Hmm, nude photos? Not sure I have that kind of guts! Or body! :D:eek:

Trust me, I DON'T have the body right now....even tho I see myself in the mirror and know I am very overweight, the photos really just "brought it all home"

Edited by arhillbilly

I changed emails from aol to yahoo a year ago * thus the reason I redid my account then. I actually got the second dress from Cruise Dancer that she offered in the very first post in April of 2009. I am glad to see that your compassion is reserved for those deemed worthy. I simply offered an apology.:(

Sorry for all your problems but NO ONE knows what you were talking about in the other post or what and why you felt a need to apologize.:confused:

Wow nude pictures, I don't think I could be that brave! I did have some "boudoir" pictures taken for my DH for our 10th. anniversary but I was wearing sexy lingerie! He loved all the pics & the large portrait hangs over his dresser. Was lots of fun to do & maybe I'll do it again for our 40th. !!! LOL ;)

I used different props...and it was a lot of fun. His wife even had a couple of things that I used...a mink stole and some jewelry....she also used a left blower to "blow" my skirt up in the back. I'll be going back in a couple of weeks to have some more taken...this time with makeup on and different props.....

Sorry for all your problems but NO ONE knows what you were talking about in the other post or what and why you felt a need to apologize.:confused:

I'm really not sure why some of you find it necessary to jump all over this poster! Her post and apology was directed towards one person. IMO that person and that person only has the right to say they don't understand what she's talking about! She obviously felt a need to apologize for a reason - whether anyone understand it or not it's her business!!

This thread - way back when - was always a great read just seeing all the wonderful people who donate clothes to others - especially those who really could use the help!! But lately not so much!

I used different props...and it was a lot of fun. His wife even had a couple of things that I used...a mink stole and some jewelry....she also used a left blower to "blow" my skirt up in the back. I'll be going back in a couple of weeks to have some more taken...this time with makeup on and different props.....

I too used props, our wedding picture was in the background, a decorated hat that I had made & a pillow off of our bed. I think it makes it alittle more personal. Have fun when you go the next time. :)

I'm really not sure why some of you find it necessary to jump all over this poster! Her post and apology was directed towards one person. IMO that person and that person only has the right to say they don't understand what she's talking about! She obviously felt a need to apologize for a reason - whether anyone understand it or not it's her business!!

This thread - way back when - was always a great read just seeing all the wonderful people who donate clothes to others - especially those who really could use the help!! But lately not so much!

It leaves the door open for others to think the post was directed at them. There was no need to make ambiguous, public post. It should have been done in a private email to whom it was meant, and that's IMO.

There' truly no way of knowing if someone really needs something. This is certainly not directed at anyone in particular but, anyone can post a "story" as to why they are needy.;)

Edited by iheartbda

You do not know how many packages I have sent without posting them here. I received a lot of emails and I have tried to fulfill their request as much as I could.

Cruisincowgrl asked for couple gowns for her October cruise. At that time I my foot was in a cast and unable to stand up to look for them. I told her I would look for them when I am able to do so. Which I did. I found her two gowns and was going to surprise her when I got a phone call about my mother. Just like Judy; I was not going to respond to their email, in my mind they would be”WOW” when they received the gowns. And instead to wait for my respond she has to posted some nonsense posts here.

I have been posting my clothes, shoes and other items here since 2009. I should not be judged by you and Cruisincowgil.

This is like a Soap Opera. And you are right! It is no more fun. I am out of here.

M

You do not know how many packages I have sent without posting them here. I received a lot of emails and I have tried to fulfill their request as much as I could.

Cruisincowgrl asked for couple gowns for her October cruise. At that time I my foot was in a cast and unable to stand up to look for them. I told her I would look for them when I am able to do so. Which I did. I found her two gowns and was going to surprise her when I got a phone call about my mother. Just like Judy; I was not going to respond to their email, in my mind they would be”WOW” when they received the gowns. And instead to wait for my respond she has to posted some nonsense posts here.

I have been posting my clothes, shoes and other items here since 2009. I should not be judged by you and Cruisincowgil.

This is like a Soap Opera. And you are right! It is no more fun. I am out of here.

M

Believe me Marie, I am far from judging you. As I don't think Cruisincowgirl should be judged either. You are an extremely generous person for doing what you do!

The people who receive your items should be beside themselves when their packages arrive from you.

Her post was clearly to you and you only...should it have been sent privately?? Ya probably, but she chose to post it here. Probably because of all your "followers" to see as well. But for anyone else to jump all over her is wrong!

Believe me Marie, I am far from judging you. As I don't think Cruisincowgirl should be judged either. You are an extremely generous person for doing what you do!

The people who receive your items should be beside themselves when their packages arrive from you.

Her post was clearly to you and you only...should it have been sent privately?? Ya probably, but she chose to post it here. Probably because of all your "followers" to see as well. But for anyone else to jump all over her is wrong!

Yes, it should have been sent privately. But it wasn't and once it was out there, it was, basically, open to anyone who read it to interpret and comment on. And for YOU to jump all over others for basically coming to the defense of a friend is just as wrong.

I can't say that I blame Marie for packing up her duds and moving on. I just hope I can stay in touch with her, as she's one of nicest people I've had the pleasure of "meeting."

If you post something on a public forum, you open yourself up to any criticism/disagreeable replies you may receive. Private conversations are best held in private. That post was not a private apology; it was a bid for sympathy.

This thread is like a high school cafeteria in more ways than one. ;)

Defense of a friend??? I have no idea who that person is. Nice try though.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

So, which is it?

Marie has gone above and beyond offering gorgeous items . One of which I was the recipient of but when people start asking her for things that were not offered I think that is pushing the envelope .

For awhile I have felt that maybe Marie needed a break and frankly I hope she takes one and puts herself first for a little while .

Marie has gone above and beyond offering gorgeous items . One of which I was the recipient of but when people start asking her for things that were not offered I think that is pushing the envelope .

For awhile I have felt that maybe Marie needed a break and frankly I hope she takes one and puts herself first for a little while .

I agree completely with everything you just said.....