recycling clothing among cc members

Just found your wedding pictures Marie. One word - gorgeous! In every picture I've seen of you, you have this "loving life" look on your face! So happy and elegant.

While I'm at it, these are two of my dresses - one just dinner and the other a formal night dress - for my upcoming cruise.

And the D-Day dress:D

Thank you Heyitsmejudy. Congradulations on your up coming marriage. Love your gowns and dress. You will look beautiful.

M

Sad new from Sydney. Our dear friend who was the best man at our wedding has passed away. We know he had cancer last year, but we did not know it had spread all over his lung and liver. He looked fit and healthy at the wedding. After the wedding his health went downhill. We were afraid he might not make it to Southampton.

We met him and his wife your years ago on Queen Victoria WC. Since then we became good friends. We were suppried when they show up on our cruise last year. We lost a very good friend :(.

M

Marie, you well-dressed diva. I am kicking myself in the bootie for not catching the Jimmy Choo/Christian Louboutin post. My exact size and love the colors of both. How very generous you are! Congrats also on your recent wedding! Did I miss those pictures? I've looked back at a lot of this thread. I'm taking the big marriage plunge June 15 - never married, I'm 45, I guess it's time - and cruising June 22.

Happy sailing ladies!~

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. I got married AGAIN at the ripe old age of 54 and I am in love as if I were 21. You are never too old to take the plunge. Only regret that I have is...I wish I could have had this love and security earlier in life. But we are enjoying each other immensely!!!

Be happy Judy :)

catching up on this thread again, Marie--congratulations on your wedding and I'm so sorry to hear about you friend.

This is the only thread I've posted in so I thought I'd ask you ladies: I'm heading to London in two weeks to study abroad for a month. Does anyone know of a place to buy cheaper Longchamp Le Pliage bags (or just similar bags)? I thought that would be perfect for travel and carrying notebooks.

I've also got a dress I've been meaning to post that I will get to soon.

Lovely dresses all. You will be a beautiful bride.

Thank you! I'm starting to think the whole "beautiful bride" thing is as much due to the bride foregoing as much upkeep as possible until about a week before her wedding. I have colored but not cut or highlighted my hair, no Botox (I know, :eek:, but I can be real, we're all friends here, right?), bare minimum on mani/pedis and putting off tanning until about a week before! Then, come wedding day, you can't HELP but be GAWJUS!

SHORBR: Some things are worth waiting for! I can't wait to marry the crap out of this man! Congrats to you!

MARIE: So very sorry for your loss. I am, though, glad you got the opportunity to share your wedding day with your dear friend. Hold tight to those memories. Bob's stepfather passed away last week. We're having a "memory table" at our reception with pictures of loved ones (and, I'll be honest, dogs, because they're like family) who've passed.

Thank you also for your complements, and SCRAPNANA as well ... we live in Georgia ... my family is all in Missouri, Bob's is all in Michigan. We've rented cabins for each family in the North Georgia mountains ... stream with waterfalls in the back of the cabins, all cabins sit right next to each other, all on a lake in the front. It's a week-long family reunion with a wedding thrown in the middle. I'm really looking forward to getting everyone together. Then, a week later, CRUISE TIME!:D

Thank you also for your complements, and SCRAPNANA as well ... we live in Georgia ... my family is all in Missouri, Bob's is all in Michigan. We've rented cabins for each family in the North Georgia mountains ... stream with waterfalls in the back of the cabins, all cabins sit right next to each other, all on a lake in the front. It's a week-long family reunion with a wedding thrown in the middle. I'm really looking forward to getting everyone together. Then, a week later, CRUISE TIME!:D

Oh my God, your wedding plans sound just wonderful. How nice of you to have rented cabins for your families. It sounds like a week of which many memories will be made. Do post pictures of your wedding/cruise vacation afterwards. Your wedding dress looks absolutely stunning. P.S. Michigan is our neighbour, and we visit there often!!

Marie, your wedding pictures were absolutely gorgeous. Your smile and that of your DH's says it all!! How wonderful. You are extremely generous in passing on your clothing/shoes/purses to other members here on CC. Maybe someday I'll be early enough to benefit from your generosity. All the best to you both in your journeys (sailings) forward!

This is Davvid Meister size M. I wore it twice.

7000843900_75600149e1_c.jpg

This is Tony Bowls size 8. I wore it one time.

7146937695_a7dbcce2b8_c.jpg

This is Mikeal Aghal size 8. I wore it one.

7000852602_ffae1f33cd_c.jpg

This is Gucci size 8 1/2. I wore it for about 15 minutes. I need arch support. My personal shopper at Saks said I she will take them back, I threw the box away :-(.

8741614676_5252b1b4b5_c.jpg

This is Lanvin size 8 1/2. They are a bit tight for my toes. I also threw the box away.

8740505791_75d3f8e1a8_c.jpg

Edited by Porthopper101

This is Davvid Meister size M. I wore it twice.

7000843900_75600149e1_c.jpg

This is Tony Bowls size 8. I wore it one time.

7146937695_a7dbcce2b8_c.jpg

This is Mikeal Aghal size 8. I wore it one.

7000852602_ffae1f33cd_c.jpg

This is Gucci size 8 1/2. I wore it for about 15 minutes. I need arch support. My personal shopper at Saks said I she will take them back, I threw the box away :-(.

8741614676_5252b1b4b5_c.jpg

This is Lanvin size 8 1/2. They are a bit tight for my toes. I also threw the box away.

8740505791_75d3f8e1a8_c.jpg

LOVE LOVE LOVE the Gucci shoes! Are they already spoken for? I would have a FIELD DAY raiding your closet. I only wish I was a size 8!:cool:

Hi Cathy,

That is easy, change your booking from Queen Elizabeth to Queen Victoria :).

Yes, I am guilty of buying too much clothing. I love shoes and handbags. I am thankful for a husband who never says no.

Take care.

M

Marie,

Are you going to cut back on the formal wear with the new Cunard dress code? I was disappointed that there are only going to be 37 formal nights on the QE World Voyage. I thinks some informal nights I'm going to be somewhat dressier than others so I can wear all my various outfits.

Kathi

Marie, you are so beautiful in all of your gowns - you're going to make some lucky ladies very happy!

Yes, you are in for a treat with you get something from Marie. She is so classy...:)

Marie,

Are you going to cut back on the formal wear with the new Cunard dress code? I was disappointed that there are only going to be 37 formal nights on the QE World Voyage. I thinks some informal nights I'm going to be somewhat dressier than others so I can wear all my various outfits.

Kathi

Hi Kathi,

I will buy gowns but not so formal for informal nights. And yes, I will be dressier than others. Ordered my first gown yesterday.

M

Edited by Porthopper101

Marie, you are a class act in so many ways.

okay guys i would like to post a picture of a dress? not a link, i know how to do that. i have pictures of us wearing them and i dont know how to do the thumbnail thingy.

help;)