Taxi cost - JNU pier to Mendenhall

hubble

Our group of 4 was planning on using the MGT bus to Mendenhall, but I got to thinking Princess docks quite a ways down the street from where they pick-up/drop off near the tram. My Mother is still recovering from ankle surgery and slow to get around. Does anyone know the approximate taxi cost from the Princess dock to Mendenhall. I'm thinking if there are four of us the cost may be about the same as taking the bus and then Mom wouldn't have the walk all the way down the street either. Please advise if anyone knows, or possibly has another recommendation.

would it be possible for you to borrow a wheel chair from the ship for the day? may make getting around easier and far less painful for your mom.

i did this a couple cruises in the caribbean before getting my own chair. (some ships are picky about you taking the chair off the ship, others just help you down the gangplank.)

We always rent a car in Juneau but if you do, only use Rent A Wreck......all the others are way out at the airport. They pick you up but you have to pay a LOT for a taxi back to the ship. RAW brings you back. We've usually had a Ford Taurus and four of you could fit in just fine. Then you can go other places as well (Juneau is not a big place). You could pick up the car and then come get your Mother.;)

Archived