Recommended Halifax Tour Company

Hello!

My family and I (6 of us) will be in Halifax in September on a New England / Canada cruise. I would like to know if anyone can recommend a good tour company.

DH and I used Bruce's Tours last year, I did contact them but I have not heard back. I wanted to know if anyone has used another private tour company and were happy with them.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Peggy

We have a tour booked with this company for our visit in October.

www.novascotiatoursandtravel.com

Haven't used them before but he has offered a good tour.

I am not sure which tour you signed up for but we used him for a Lighthouse Tour and I wouldn't recommend that tour. We spent more time in the car then seeing anything. I would recommend staying around Halifax and Peggy's Cove.

Coral,

We aren't going on that tour, but thank you for the warning. We are going to Lunenburg, Mahone Bay and Peggy's Cove. I know that is a lot of driving also, but that is where we want to go. Been to Halifax twice before and I'm ready to see the countryside. I bet the lighthouses were pretty.

Coral,

We aren't going on that tour, but thank you for the warning. We are going to Lunenburg, Mahone Bay and Peggy's Cove. I know that is a lot of driving also, but that is where we want to go. Been to Halifax twice before and I'm ready to see the countryside. I bet the lighthouses were pretty.

Hi,

That is where we went. He changed his website quite a bit since I went with him. - If you look at this website: http://www.novascotiatoursandtravel.com/Cruiseships.htm#Bluenose_Coast_ this is what is sounds like you are going to.

Outside of Peggy's Cove - we didn't see anymore lighthouses. The tour was disappointing. We went to Peggy's Cove (interesting), the plane memorial nearby (interesting) and then just a few photo stops of 5 minutes each (Lunenburg, Mahone Bay, Blue Rocks) and lunch. It was pretty disappointing. I really wanted to take pictures of scenery (fall colors) and he knew this going in and I didn't get many pictures at all. He kept saying we would stop soon for them and we just didn't get them.

I think he would be good for around Halifax and he does know his area as I believe he lives out near Lunenburg - it just seemed like after Peggy's Cove - it was just driving. For this reason - I wouldn't recommend the tour.

Archived