Halloween on HAL

rnnyce

Last time we sailed on Halloween was Volendam 2006 and there was a Halloween Party after dinner in the Crows Nest. Lots of folks wore costumes and they gave prizes.

We weren't 'costumed' but had a good time at the party. :)

:eek:

Halloween aboard HAL, an added bonus! Yes, be prepared for a costume filled evening.

We sailed aboard the Noordam last October and were treated to a Fun Costumed Halloween Party in the Crows nest. And yes there were children activities throughout the day. I came prepared for the little beggars, but did not see any around the ship L. There were children in our Cruise Critic group; I had made goodie bags for each of them. I even decorated our Cabin Door with a Pumpkin!

Since the party was later in the evening, we dressed normally for dinner. We went back to our cabins and changed into our costumes, some folks did wear costumes to dinner. Get to the Crows nest early, you will want a good seat, you’re in for a fun show! Our little group, well we all had good costumes, but as we watched some of the partygoers arriving, we knew we would not be a big winner; there was some really cleaver, over the top costumes. On our cruise critic board, people asked for suggestion, I gave several and of course they were winners! We were served ghoulish drinks, there were prizes and everyone was entered into a drawing for a prize, just for dressing up! Regardless if partygoers dressed up, or had good costumes or not, everyone had a good time. Enjoy the evening, a special way to celebrate Halloween:D.

Rita

• 2 weeks later...

My only regret I have about Hollween is that I did not mask. The party was a blast on the Maasdam 2008. If I am ever sailing another October I will have a costume.

Cely

Archived