Redone Mariner bathrooms

Does anyone know which Mariner rooms have the newly upgraded separate tub/showers?

Just trying to figure out what we have . . .

Thanks!

With the possible exception of some of the largest suites, the Mariner bathrooms do not have a separate tub and shower. The upgraded bathrooms have a very nice, large shower only. The new showers are found in suites whose numbers end in one, two, three or four. The remaining suites have a combination tub/shower.

Dave

It was my understanding that, in certain suites, the old tub had been REPLACED with a walk-in shower; these suites would not have a tub at all.

That said, a recent brochure showed almost all Seven Seas Suites, Horizon View Suites, and category A-C penhouse suites have a shower instead of the tub (except 1110, 1000, 1020, 910, 920, 990, 830, 780).

In the Cat D-E suites, rooms ending in 1, 2, 3, and 4 all appear to have showers. In Cat F, from 841 up all the rooms ending in 1, 2, 3, or 4 have showers. Also 811, 812, 813, 821, 822, and 823. Category G, only 744, 754, 764, 774 have showers. No Cat H suites have showers.

Hope that's not confusing!

It was my understanding that, in certain suites, the old tub had been REPLACED with a walk-in shower; these suites would not have a tub at all.

That said, a recent brochure showed almost all Seven Seas Suites, Horizon View Suites, and category A-C penhouse suites have a shower instead of the tub (except 1110, 1000, 1020, 910, 920, 990, 830, 780).

In the Cat D-E suites, rooms ending in 1, 2, 3, and 4 all appear to have showers. In Cat F, from 841 up all the rooms ending in 1, 2, 3, or 4 have showers. Also 811, 812, 813, 821, 822, and 823. Category G, only 744, 754, 764, 774 have showers. No Cat H suites have showers.

Hope that's not confusing!

I think the brochure you were referencing was either not up-to-date or in error. If you look at the Mariner deck plans on the Regent web site, as suggested by Travelcat2, you'll see, for example, that all Cat G and H suites whose numbers end in 1, 2, 3, or 4 have the new showers. Many new showers were added during the recent dry dock.

Dave

I think the brochure you were referencing was either not up-to-date or in error. If you look at the Mariner deck plans on the Regent web site, as suggested by Travelcat2, you'll see, for example, that all Cat G and H suites whose numbers end in 1, 2, 3, or 4 have the new showers. Many new showers were added during the recent dry dock.

Dave

Musta been inaccurate - it came in the mail on Tuesday. :)

• 4 weeks later...
So - anyone have a comparision/preference for the tub/shower vs shower only?

Unless you have a specific desire to have a bath, I'd strongly suggest the shower suites. The ceiling height in the bathtub/shower is very low. Someone 6' tall would have to duck. I am only 5' 3" and felt closed in by the low ceiling. The shower only suites have a large shower with a seat. No comparison!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived