I'm new and need help!

mbmadeline

We booked a cruise around the Hawaiian island on POA departing on Saturday August lst. But we would also like to stay on an island for a week before or after the cruise probably either Kauai or Maui.. now I realized that I have no idea how we get from one of these islands to the Honalulu port where the POA departs. Are there any boats or ferries that take us (with our luggage) I can't find any threads about transportation between the islands and I'm starting to panic. Any suggestions would be welcome.

We booked a cruise around the Hawaiian island on POA departing on Saturday August lst. But we would also like to stay on an island for a week before or after the cruise probably either Kauai or Maui.. now I realized that I have no idea how we get from one of these islands to the Honalulu port where the POA departs. Are there any boats or ferries that take us (with our luggage) I can't find any threads about transportation between the islands and I'm starting to panic. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Have a look at this airline for inter island flights. There was a ferry service up till last month but it had to close down due to gov't regulations of some sort.

Inter-land transportation by the Hawaii Superferry is no longer avaiable, shut down for now after rulings issued by the Hawaii Supreme Court due to legal issues over environmental impact statements and protests from residents of Maui and Kauai on whether it can operate the services. So it's back to the air or skies again.

Hawaiian Airlines fly B717-200 twin engine jets (123 pax) almost hourly and looking at Saturday flights between HNL and Maui or Kauai, one-way fare isn't expensive at $79 for certain mid-day departure and as low as $43 p/p + security/airport/facilities fees, etc. for a flying time of 30 to 40 minutes.

I would suggest taking it easy on disembarkation morning, enjoy a nice, full breakfast and perhaps spend a bit of time in Honolulu before going to the HNL airport to catch that mid/late afternoon flight - or take a free shopping shuttle at the pier to the Ala Moana Mall & enjoy a pricey lunch inside Norstorm (or at the food court). Luggage storage is available at the pier, leave your carry-on too & take the valuable items with you.

We've used Hawaiian Airlines to fly between the islands http://www.hawaiianair.com/Pages/Index.aspx

Our fare in April between Maui-Honolulu was $44. one way/pp

For Maui, choose Kahului Airport, which is the main airport on the island and therefore the most reasonable fares.

For help with the land portion of the trip, Tripadvisor (sister site of CC) is a great source of info:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g29220-Maui_Hawaii.html

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g29218-i304-Kauai_Hawaii.html

Archived