Diapers delivered to staterooms

Kim4

Hi! I've got a little one in diapers, and I could use some advice from those who have brought a diapered little one on a cruise.

I've got a 13 month old, and we're going on a 7 night cruise in 2 weeks (yay!!)

Bottom line question is this -- should I pack diapers or order them and have them delivered onboard?

RCI has a new feature called Babies 2 Go where you can order supplies to be delivered to your stateroom. Our diapers from Costco cost $0.22 per diaper, and the ones that I would get delivered onboard cost $0.77 per diaper. One package of size 3 diapers (28 diapers) costs $21.95 to be delivered onboard.

Keep in mind that I also have a 2 year old who decided 3 days ago that she's ready to use the potty. This is great, but 2 weeks before we go on a cruise is not the time to be transitioning. ha. What I'll do for her is bring her little underwear so that she can feel wet if she has an accident, but put a diaper or a pull-up on over that for protection. So, I will have to pack pull ups or diapers for her.

So -- for my 13 month old should I pack diapers for him and use the babies 2 go package as a backup if I run out? Or, should I pack 1 pkg. and then order 1 pkg. from RCI? Or maybe I should completely depend on the babies 2 go program, just pack a couple of diapers to get me there, and then order 2 pkgs. from RCI. That sure would save on suitcase space, but if there's a mix up and they don't have the diapers ready for me, then I'm up a creek. We're driving to the port, so we don't have to worry about airline luggage restrictions -- and there's 6 of us total in our family that I need to pack for!

Any advice?

Thanks!

My friends just came back from Freedom and she said the charge for the diapers delivered by RCI was way expensive and it was better and much cheaper for them to bring their own next time.

We always just bring our own, buy a large box size, take out one pack and fill the other side with wipes, swim diapers, baby meds, sippy cups ie baby gear, put a luggage tag on it and hand it to the porter to deliver to your stateroom. At the end of the cruise just throw away the box and pack whatever stuff remains in your regular luggage. This has worked for us on many cruises. DD went on 5 with us that she wasnt potty trained starting at 7mo. Just when I thought we would be able to cruise diaper free, we had DS, so we are right back to packing diapers again!

Good luck, enjoy.

We always just bring our own, buy a large box size, take out one pack and fill the other side with wipes, swim diapers, baby meds, sippy cups ie baby gear, put a luggage tag on it and hand it to the porter to deliver to your stateroom. At the end of the cruise just throw away the box and pack whatever stuff remains in your regular luggage. This has worked for us on many cruises. DD went on 5 with us that she wasnt potty trained starting at 7mo. Just when I thought we would be able to cruise diaper free, we had DS, so we are right back to packing diapers again!

Good luck, enjoy.

That is a GREAT idea. DH's main complaint with packing the diapers is that we'd almost have one whole suitcase full of just diapers for the 2 of them. I love that idea.

Good luck, enjoy.

I love this idea!!!! I think we'll do this for our Radiance cruise this Dec!!

Archived