Cloest rental car to the port?

Majesty Fan

Anyone know which rental car has the cloest one to the pier? Is it better to drop off luggage at the pier and then go drop the car or drop the car and take transport to the pier? We will be staying at Kidani the night before and will probably leave around 9am.

Lexi

These are the closests one i know about. There are a couple farther away on Astronaut Blvd. Sorry I havnt heard of the place your staying so I dont know if these are close enough for you. I included contact info for them so you can contact them with your questions if needed.

Look here for car rental coupons and discount codes:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=558119

Enterprise Car Rental is now located in Cape Canaveral where Hertz once was

Address is:6211 North Atlantic Avenue, Cape Canaveral 32920

Phone number is 321-866-0324

fax number is 321-866-0325

http://www.enterprise.com/

They have 4 shuttles to and from the port - open at 7AM and closes at 6PM - they are opened 7 days a week

Avis car rental has agreed to meet or beat prices per Bob Fink

Located at 6650 North Atantic Avenue

Cape Canaveral, fl 32920

321-783-3643

Also remember you have Jeremy that is a great guy and will do what he can to help you - another of my favorite places

www.aviscapecanaveral.com

Their email is now working so you can email Avis with any questions or problems.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ON AVIS FOR DISCOUNT

http://www.kellsport.com/kellwoodtravel.html

ALSO THRIFTY CAR RENTAL IS ALSO NOW ACCEPTING DOLLAR CAR RENTAL CARS AND THEY NOW HAVE A DROP OFF FEE of $15.00.

They have proved to be a lower fair even with the drop off fee

THRIFTY/DOLLAR CAR RENTAL

6799 NORTH ATLANTIC AVENUE

CAPE CANAVERAL, FLA 32920

321783-2600

We just came back and used Budget on the way to the port and Thrifty on the way back to the airport. Both of these have shuttles. We arrived at the port around 10 am and were among the first to get on the ship. I highly suggest this, as you get to eat earlier and have a look around. One word of caution about the rental cars, I don't know if it was our bad luck, but at the Budget counter at the airport, it took 1.5 hours to get a car. At Thrifty, it took one hour. I'm curious if anyone else has experienced this.

Anyone know which rental car has the cloest one to the pier? Is it better to drop off luggage at the pier and then go drop the car or drop the car and take transport to the pier? We will be staying at Kidani the night before and will probably leave around 9am.

Lexi

Keep in mind that the terminal does not open until 10 - 10:30, so you may be sitting on the curb with your luggage (I'm not sure how close Kidani is to the port). When we cruised in October, I found the easiest thing was to drop my wife off with the luggage and drive back to Hertz to drop off the car and took the shuttle back. By the time I got back to the port, she had us all checked in. This way, I didn't have to lug the luggage onto the shuttle (not that it's really that big a deal, I just think dropping the luggage off was easier).

Archived