Epic deals

Zimomiller

Just booked an AC and a connecting BA aft on the Epic in August 2010. (Eastern)

Have missed having this itinerary available on NCL in the summer since the passing of the Norway.

Pretty good pricing on the AC Penthouse suites and they have concierge, butler, courtyard access and the conceirge lounge but not the private dining or private bar.

Had a nice surprise at confirmation...$250 OBC~!

I booked an AC on the Thanksgiving cruise and too was pleasantly surprised with the onboard credit...I had gotten an email for latittude members that said $500 but found out it was for the 14 day cruise...so this was a nice treat...

I could be mistaken but I think that any cabin that has access to the courtyard will have access to the Epic Club for dining as well. I was told by NCL reservations that they believe that the VIP breakfast will be held their rather than Cagneys for all suites and villas.

I could be mistaken but I think that any cabin that has access to the courtyard will have access to the Epic Club for dining as well. I was told by NCL reservations that they believe that the VIP breakfast will be held their rather than Cagneys for all suites and villas.

That would make sense with the Epic, as the bulk of her suites are in the top hat area above the bridge. The ship within a ship concept of the Epic.

That would be great news!

The descriptions of the AC amenities on the NCL web site did not include them!

Here is what it says on the NCL website...

Courtyard Penthouse and Penthouse*

• Sleeps 2 guests

• 6 Courtyard Penthouses available in The Villas complex

• 7 Penthouses available on aft decks 10-13*

• Access to Concierge Lounge

• Living and dining area

• Luxurious bathroom with separate shower

• Exclusive access to Courtyard Area

• Exclusive access to The Epic Club (dining)

From the last line, I would think it is included...enjoy!!

Dawn/SIZE]

Just booked an AC and a connecting BA aft on the Epic in August 2010. (Eastern)

Have missed having this itinerary available on NCL in the summer since the passing of the Norway.

Pretty good pricing on the AC Penthouse suites and they have concierge, butler, courtyard access and the conceirge lounge but not the private dining or private bar.

Had a nice surprise at confirmation...$250 OBC~!

Sounds great, we'll have to ask you more about this when we see you on the Jade this summer. We'd love to go on the Epic but really don't care for the itineraries (no new ports for us and we look for that in addition tothe ship) so we're waiting to see if they eventually change to something different.

Here is what it says on the NCL website...

Courtyard Penthouse and Penthouse*

• Sleeps 2 guests

• 6 Courtyard Penthouses available in The Villas complex

• 7 Penthouses available on aft decks 10-13*

• Access to Concierge Lounge

• Living and dining area

• Luxurious bathroom with separate shower

• Exclusive access to Courtyard Area

• Exclusive access to The Epic Club (dining)

From the last line, I would think it is included...enjoy!!

Dawn/SIZE]

Thanks! I also booked an AC. I am really looking forward to the Epic!

Kewl news.

I was taking the language that is on the booking pages as gospel and did not see the other Penthouse descriptions.

Tha AC's are all facing aft surrounded by BA's. None in the front tower.

I will probably get grief from the wife because she will have to go all the way forward (and up from deck 10) to get to the courtyard, concierge lounge etc. But geez, at the currernt price, with an attached BA, facing aft with a Butler concierge and all the access, how could I pass it up!

Sharon, we have been to most all of the Caribbean ports multiple times, so the ship is the destination for us. Sea days rule! We have good friends on St Maarten that we like to visit as well. (OMG, I forgot I have a cruise booked already in July on the Jade..I better get packing and start making some port plans as the Med is all new to us.)

I booked an SA Spa suite so I will only have to walk half as far to get to the courtyard area. I typically do not care for sea days as much as my DW but with all the stuff this ship has I am sure it will be enjoyable. The Spa suites were slightly more than the AC but it also includes access to the spa which is a plus.

I booked an SA Spa suite so I will only have to walk half as far to get to the courtyard area. I typically do not care for sea days as much as my DW but with all the stuff this ship has I am sure it will be enjoyable. The Spa suites were slightly more than the AC but it also includes access to the spa which is a plus.

Are you sure the SA gets into the courtyard area? I thought the extra price for these were for Spa Access. But I could just be reading the description wrong. Can't hurt for you to just double check though.

Does anyone know at what cabin category the onboard credit begins to be applied? Im thinking of booking a BC and took it all the way up to the payment stage on NCL's website and it says nothing about OBC. Is it only for the penthouse suites, etc.?

Are you sure the SA gets into the courtyard area? I thought the extra price for these were for Spa Access. But I could just be reading the description wrong. Can't hurt for you to just double check though.

I called NCL on Friday and was told by the agent that answered the phone that she recieved an email not too long ago that stated that AC and SA cabins will indeed have access to the courtyard area. I am not counting on it but when I arrive if I have access that will be a big plus. My only question is if the AC and SA has courtyard access why is the Courtyard rooms twice as much money? just because of the location?

Does anyone know at what cabin category the onboard credit begins to be applied? Im thinking of booking a BC and took it all the way up to the payment stage on NCL's website and it says nothing about OBC. Is it only for the penthouse suites, etc.?

I think the AC is the lowest category to get an OBC.

I called NCL on Friday and was told by the agent that answered the phone that she recieved an email not too long ago that stated that AC and SA cabins will indeed have access to the courtyard area. I am not counting on it but when I arrive if I have access that will be a big plus. My only question is if the AC and SA has courtyard access why is the Courtyard rooms twice as much money? just because of the location?

I am glad that NCL sent out an email to advise the customer service reps of this. When I originally booked they didn't have answers.

Yes the villas are more money because of location. I am fine paying less ( alot less) and walking to the Courtyard villa. I think it's a great deal.

Thanks! I called NCL and the lady asked like 10 other NCL reps and no one knew! :confused:

The same thing happened to me this week. I just think the Epic is so brand new that all the reps don't have all the answers. They need a cheat sheet with all the important facts.

This is true, but the AC Penthouses are not the courtyard ones...they are center AFT cabins....I think that's the only perk we don't have...

This is true, but the AC Penthouses are not the courtyard ones...they are center AFT cabins....I think that's the only perk we don't have...

I do understand the location of both the AC (aft facing penthouse suites) and the SA (spa suites). According to the person I talked to at NCL they WILL have access to the courtyard and the Epic Club. I do also understand that you may get a different answer every time you call their reservations line as well.

I do understand the location of both the AC (aft facing penthouse suites) and the SA (spa suites). According to the person I talked to at NCL they WILL have access to the courtyard and the Epic Club. I do also understand that you may get a different answer every time you call their reservations line as well.

Well, if the SA also have access to the courtyard - I'm really thrilled. However, if there is 24 hr access to the spa, why would you need it?

My PCC did say that Epic Club was included with the SA.

We are considering one of the owner suites. They are wanting %50 down with instant penalties, has anyone else heard anything? Also when I called yesterday the NCL agent told me that you can't invite guests to the courtyard. Guess we'll find out.

Cruisin from Utah, we are in Midway! We love our cruises!

We are considering one of the owner suites. They are wanting %50 down with instant penalties, has anyone else heard anything? Also when I called yesterday the NCL agent told me that you can't invite guests to the courtyard. Guess we'll find out.

Cruisin from Utah, we are in Midway! We love our cruises!

Nice to see someone else from Utah. With any ship on NCL the owners suites require a higher deposit with instant penalties.

Nice to see someone else from Utah. With any ship on NCL the owners suites require a higher deposit with instant penalties.

Thanks, it has been a while since we have cruised with NCL. What part of Utah are you from?.....We cruise Jan and Feb tried of the snow by then.

Archived