Should I take bottled water with me? What is the ave cost of bottled water onboard?

I know others have asked this but I am really stressing after reading about brown water on Enchantment of the Seas. Also, what about snack foods? I have an eight year old who likes to have a snack before bed.

Thanks for all your help.:)

The water on the ship is more purified and filtered than almost anything you get on land. You don't need to bring bottled water. It is very expensive on the ship, about $2.95 to $4.95 per bottle.

As to snacks, no need to bring those either. You can always go to the buffet to get hot chocolate, a glass of juice, cookies or cakes ... and of course there is room service! If you're ordering before midnight there is no extra charge for room service, just have a dollar or two available for a tip.

We generally take 3 or 4 bottles of water aboard with us then refill them with ship's water and put them in the cabin fridge. As pointed out the ships water is more pure than anything you can purchase in a bottle.

The ships water is every bit as good as our outstanding well water here at home. I take an empty bottle and refill it as needed. As for snacks, as the others said, if there isn't food on the cruise ship somewhere, 24/7, you're on the wrong ship!

I usually bring a few bottles of water with me, but not because the ship's water is bad. I like to bring a bottle with me in port and I find the one's they sell on the ship are too big. I rather carry a smaller bottle of water to cut down on the weight I carry. It seems the ships always carry the larger bottles.

I took a 6 pack of Propel flavored water with me on the Monarch. I could have done without it, but it was nice to have a full size drink in the cabin. The cups in the Windjammer were so small and sometimes I didn't want to go hunt down something to drink. But we did drink the ship's water and it was fine!

Since you are traveling with a small child it won't hurt to bring a FEW pre-packaged snacks but I would save them for port days where you may or may not be able to find foods that your child likes. As long as it is prepackaged (crackers, granola bar, etc.) you can take it on/off the ship, but no fruit or "fresh" foods.

I know others have asked this but I am really stressing after reading about brown water on Enchantment of the Seas. Also, what about snack foods? I have an eight year old who likes to have a snack before bed.

Thanks for all your help.:)

Brown water, where did you read or hear that :eek:

As other posters said, I've always found the ship water to be better then most city tap water. We brought a couple stainless steel bottles, filled them up for use during the day on or off the ship. There are water stations at the buffet court of most ships and almost any bar will happily fill your bottle too.

Unless you are a H2O fanatic there is simply no need to waste the energy or dollars lugging your own bottled water on board.

Need the bottled water to take with you for port excursions . We usually pick up a few bottles if we come across grocery stores in ports along the way to use at the next port! No sense in wasting time specifically looking to buy bottled water in ports. Also avoid re-filling water bottles unless you sterilize them before re-filling.

Need the bottled water to take with you for port excursions . We usually pick up a few bottles if we come across grocery stores in ports along the way to use at the next port! No sense in wasting time specifically looking to buy bottled water in ports. Also avoid re-filling water bottles unless you sterilize them before re-filling.

We bring a case of water with us but we are living in the port where the ship sails or we stay a few days before sailing and hit the stores for water and wine to take with us. We don't know if the water will taste good to us or not and don't want to take a chance.

Archived