Cruise Enhancements Questions

I will be going on my first cruise in July Freedom of the Seas (I am so excited). I didn't pay for the cruise so I was looking online at some things I might order to be in the stateroom but I have some questions.

Has any ordered items for their statrooms for departure? I was thinking strawberries and sparkling wine or decorations.

When are they put in the room?

Where you statisfied with your purchace?

Are they only available for the first night?

Are there things that you have done to make your cruise special that I am not thinking of?

Thank you in advance for all the help?

My wife and I always get the classic romance package, which comes with the Strawberries and Champaign. If you get there early they may not be in your room at 1:00PM when the rooms open. But they've always been there by 3:30 when we've come back from the pool.:)

BTW on Two of our four cruises they have failed to deliver the appetizers, that come with the Romance Package, to our stateroom on the formal night. I've had to call and arrange to have them delivered on some other night.:(

My husband surprised me on our anniversary cruise in Dec. when we got to our stateroom, we had Chocolate covered Strawberries and Champagne and the room decorated with streamers and novelities. He purchased it on line and had them do this before we got to our stateroom. (He also lied and said we had an inside cabin and surprised me with a junior suite)

This was on the Enchantment but I'm sure this can be done on all RCCL.

We always order wine from Gifts & Gear. If I order it for embarkation day, it's always there well before sailaway, along with the ice bucket (if necessary), glasses & a corkscrew. For some cruises I'll order a few bottles & have them delivered throughout the cruise. Once they all arrived on the first day, which wasn't really a problem but just not quite what I'd ordered.

I'm thinking about doing the "cheap" romance package for our upcoming cruise.

Is it a full bottle or just a split? How was the taste?

It is logo glasses for the champange or just plastic ones? Do you get to keep them?

How many of the strawberries, canapes and petit-fours do you get?

Both DH and I hit the BIG 5-0 this year! Wanted to do something special for ourselves!

I also ordered the $35 tote bag, fanny pack and water holder our last mariner cruise. It was nice and has held up well.

Jacquelyn :D

Has any ordered items for their statrooms for departure? I was thinking strawberries and sparkling wine or decorations.

When are they put in the room?

Where you statisfied with your purchace?

Are they only available for the first night?

Are there things that you have done to make your cruise special that I am not thinking of?

Thank you in advance for all the help?

I have purchased room decorations twice (and my sister surprised me with a room decoration once). In all cases the decorations were in the room before I was. I have also ordered food twice, and my sister sent me a birthday cake once. Again, the food was in the cabin before I was.

Here are some pictures ...

From my sister ...

9586pan.jpg

IMG_1368.jpg

From me ...

SitRmbedopen-1.jpg

Was I satisfied? Yes - all three times. I believe you can order the items to arrive on other than the first day, though I never have.

If you are flying in, and you are going to be there with the others, you can book a limo ride from the airport to the hotel or cruise dock. I did, and everyone was really impressed ...

2ma-IMG_3002.jpg

I'm thinking about doing the "cheap" romance package for our upcoming cruise.

Is it a full bottle or just a split? How was the taste?

It is logo glasses for the champange or just plastic ones? Do you get to keep them?

How many of the strawberries, canapes and petit-fours do you get?

Both DH and I hit the BIG 5-0 this year! Wanted to do something special for ourselves!

I also ordered the $35 tote bag, fanny pack and water holder our last mariner cruise. It was nice and has held up well.

Jacquelyn :D

I definitely recommend the package. To answer your questions:

A full bottle of Domain Chandon Champaign - Good.

Not logo glasses, but not plastic either. Just champaign glasses.

Lots of strawberries covered in both milk and white chocolate. A total of twelve, six of each, I think.

Plenty of canapes and petit-fours.

Congratulations (we'll be celebrating 25 next year). Enjoy.

Archived