On Embarkation Day, Is Lunch Served In The Main Dining Room As Well As The Buffet?

I have cruised on Royal Caribbean twice before, but it has been a few years and I don't remember.

On NCL, you can dine in the Main Dining Room on embarkation day as well as the Buffet. And, I was just wondering......

Thank You for your replies.......icon14.gif :)

I don't remember which lines, but we did eat lunch in the dining room a number of times on embarkation day. It makes a nice start for your cruise.

I know some dining rooms are not open for lunch that day and you are left to scramble in the crowded cafe. The Mariner last week did have signs on the tables requesting people to leave when they were finished eating so others could sit down. Those signs were only present on embarkation day, I think, as I usually ate lunch in the dining room. Enjoy your cruise! :)

I have cruised on Royal Caribbean twice before, but it has been a few years and I don't remember.

On NCL, you can dine in the Main Dining Room on embarkation day as well as the Buffet. And, I was just wondering......

Thank You for your replies.......icon14.gif :)

That would be so nice if it were done...but the hard truth is, it is done rarely...and usually under special circumstances...so go up to the Windjammer, unless you are on a Freedom class ship, in which case you may stop in to the coffee shop on the Promarde...they have pizza and sandwiches, salads etc....that's always nice.

Enjoy your trip...it will be so wonderful

Rev

If you think about it, on departure days, there are a period of hours when people are embarking. For example, in Florida, they may open the ship for embarkation by 1130 AM, and people continue to board at last until 4. In Europe, where departure is at night, it's even longer. So having the MDR open for that period (which, for the Europe trips) would overlap with the fixed first sitting dinner wouldn't work.

Add to that the fact that a lot of people wander into the MDR to see where their tables are, and the staff is busy re-assigning tables, and it would be really difficult.

Archived