Featherdale Wildlife Park

mochuck

It seems silly that I am asking this question as it is in my city. I have never been to Featherdale Wildlife Park and I have a Norwegian colleague who has been doing a sabbatical at the Institute I work in. She is returning to Norway in just over a week and I was thinking of taking her there. What have other tourists thought of it compared to Koala Park (which I think is horrible).

I'm visiting in July for the first time. Why do you consider Koala Park "horrible"? That will help me choose better.

We will be in SYD the 2nd week of July. Is rain likely based on your weather so far this year? I'm trying to decide whether to prebook Featherdale/Blue Mts. as well as Bridge Climb, or wait until I arrive to pick dates based on weather if it might be an issue.

I don't find it strange at all that you have never visited Featherdale Wildlife Park. I live in San Diego and, believe me, there are many tourists in our fair city that could show me around some of our more popular sights. I live in a northern suburb and never visit the tourist attraftions unless we have visitors wanting to be shown around.

I have been to both Koala Park and Featherdale and think that Featherdale is the better choice. We had a lot of fun strolling the pathways and interacting with the various animals we met along the way.

Valerie:)

I'm visiting in July for the first time. Why do you consider Koala Park "horrible"? That will help me choose better.

We will be in SYD the 2nd week of July. Is rain likely based on your weather so far this year? I'm trying to decide whether to prebook Featherdale/Blue Mts. as well as Bridge Climb, or wait until I arrive to pick dates based on weather if it might be an issue.

I think Koala Park is run down and the animals don't look like they are well looked after.

Thanks Mochuck- I will give Koala Park a miss and visit Featherdale instead. We're also visiting a widlife park on our way from MEL to Philip Island....there's a distinct danger of us getting "koalaed out"! :)

It's part of Sydney, but probably 1.5-2 hours by train/bus.

I don't think its quite that far. Its about a 40 minute train trip to Blacktown from the city (unless you get an all stops train which is nearly and hour) and then a short bus trip. This is how to get there

I don't think its quite that far. Its about a 40 minute train trip to Blacktown from the city (unless you get an all stops train which is nearly and hour) and then a short bus trip. This is how to get there

My estimates worked out pretty much right. http://www.131500.info/realtime/fullEnquiry.asp?PageMode=&Vehicle=Bus%2CTrain%2CFerry&WalkSpeed=NORMAL&Priority=504&IsAfter=A&Date=6%2F6%2F2009&MaxChanges=-1&FromLocType=s&ToLocType=l&ViaLocType=&NotViaLocType=&Wheelchair=&Time=09%3A05AM&FromLoc=Circular+Quay+Station%7E%7E%3BCircular+Quay+Station%3BCircular+Quay+Station%7E%7ELOCATION&ToLoc=Featherdale+Wildlife+Park+Doonside%7E%7E%3BFeatherdale+Wildlife+Park+Doonside%3B%5B304069%3A6261807%5D%7E%7EPOINT&x=36&y=15 gives around an hour and a half. You have to account for waiting time for the connections/bus as well. Add to that walking time to the station, queuing and buying a ticket and it's likely 1 3/4 hours.

Archived