Jeep Rental...

white.sand

Does anyone know if there are jeep rentals available. I can't seem to find any that do NOT stay in a convoy. I thought it would be neat to kind of tour the entire island at our leisure.

Any facts and/or opinions appreciated!

There are a lot of car rental companys in the Caymans. You can rent a car and explore on your own. I don't remember seeing many jeeps but I'm sure they are available. Not much use for Jeeps there because the island is so flat and the roads are very good.

I hope this helps!

Enjoy!

I guess you are right. I was hoping to be able to ride along the beach in some areas in an open jeep. Sounds like fun but I guess there isn't a lot of use or area to utilize such a thing.

Thanks so much!!

There are speeding tickets. Speed limits are posted in miles per hour. Fine is CI$100 for each ten miles (or portion thereof) over the limit. If you are clocked doing 45 in a 30 zone expect a CI$200 ticket.

I was hoping to be able to ride along the beach in some areas in an open jeep.

There is no driving on the beaches themselves. In a very few places on rare occasions vehicles do pull a boat out of the water at a beach. That seems to be the only exception to the no driving on beaches rule.

There are, however, several places where the paved coastal roads run along the waterfront and provide a nice view. From Pease Bay to Breakers and again from Half Moon Bay to High Rock are two beautiful stretches. These are along the south shore of the island in the eastern districts.

Whenever I go to Grand Cayman I only use Cayman Auto Rentals. They have been at the same location for years right next to the Burger King when you get off the ship. It is a family owned business very feindly & respectful people.

http://www.caymanautorentals.com.ky/

Then for sting ray city I only use Soto's tours. http://www.sotoscruises.com/

I don't remember from when we were there last. Which side of the road do you drive on in Grand Cayman? Is it like in America or like England?

If it is like England, is it hard to get use to?

Archived