How can this be

lancet

Hi,

Wife and I are booked on B2B Med./TA cruise on Grand in Nov. 2009. I always keep checking the prices, hoping to catch a down pricing. Few minutes ago, I checked the 21 day T/A balcony and all balcony categories are wait listed. I checked the 12 day med. portion and all balconies are open. BUT, when I checked the 33 day total cruise, all balconies are open except BA category.

How can the 21 day T/A be booked full for balcony, but 33 day cruise open. If I booked the 33 day cruise, would they boot me out of my balcony room on the T/A portion?? Anyone had this happen to them? I doubt that would happen. Do they save a portion of rooms for 33 day cruises only? Thats the only way that I can see happening. If so, when would they release them--before or after final payment?

any ideas on what is happening?

Thanks, Lancet

Hi Lancet...I'm on the 12 night portion and I've been watching categories on this portion, the 21 night and the combined 33 night.

Seems like the system will periodically open whole categories of cabins, like balcony, up to one portion and show same category to other portions of the journey as waitlisted. Like maybe what you're seeing. Then a week or few days from now, maybe there will be no BAL categories for the 12 night but will be wide open to bookings for the 21 or 33 night.

I imagine it's hard for the cruise line to take bookings when you can book 12, 21 or combined 33 nights and deal with people choosing cabins for all or portion of the cruise & also dealing with guaranty assignments. The goal is to get to 100% booking for all 33 nights and I'm thinking that's how they do it.

Just my guess

Hi,

Wife and I are booked on B2B Med./TA cruise on Grand in Nov. 2009. I always keep checking the prices, hoping to catch a down pricing. Few minutes ago, I checked the 21 day T/A balcony and all balcony categories are wait listed. I checked the 12 day med. portion and all balconies are open. BUT, when I checked the 33 day total cruise, all balconies are open except BA category.

How can the 21 day T/A be booked full for balcony, but 33 day cruise open. If I booked the 33 day cruise, would they boot me out of my balcony room on the T/A portion?? Anyone had this happen to them? I doubt that would happen. Do they save a portion of rooms for 33 day cruises only? Thats the only way that I can see happening. If so, when would they release them--before or after final payment?

any ideas on what is happening?

Thanks, Lancet

Very simple. The 12's will be getting off which will free a number of balconies. The 21 day portion is sold out. However, those who want a 33 day cruise need to be able to stay in the same cabin and therefore what will be opening at the end of 12 days will become available to those wanting the entire 33 day segment.

Also keep in mind this is a holiday weekend, where they may not be too many eyes in the offices of Princess to check/adjust cabin availability, due to the some of the reasons listed above.

Archived