Horseshoe Beach back to ship...?

Newbcruiser1

We'll be on the Explorer in a few weeks stopping in Bermuda (Kings Wharf) from 8am-5pm. We're planning on taking the bus to Horseshoe Bay Beach in the morning, but are wondering what the best way to get back to the ship is? It looks like the bus only comes every hour on weekends? (is it more frequent when ships are in port?). Should we take a taxi back instead? What time should we leave the beach in order to leave enough time to get back?

Also, where can we buy bus tickets near the port? We'll just need 1 or 2 tickets each so I'm not interested in buying a day-pass or a sheet of 15, but I know the buses only take change, not cash.

Thanks a lot!

We'll be on the Explorer in a few weeks stopping in Bermuda (Kings Wharf) from 8am-5pm. We're planning on taking the bus to Horseshoe Bay Beach in the morning, but are wondering what the best way to get back to the ship is? It looks like the bus only comes every hour on weekends? (is it more frequent when ships are in port?). Should we take a taxi back instead? What time should we leave the beach in order to leave enough time to get back?

Also, where can we buy bus tickets near the port? We'll just need 1 or 2 tickets each so I'm not interested in buying a day-pass or a sheet of 15, but I know the buses only take change, not cash.

Thanks a lot!

They sell tokens at the dock for individual rides. Those are what I buy.

The buses run every thirty minutes. Towards the late afternoon they put on extra buses when there are cruise ships. They also have extra buses in the morning when there are cruise ships. Catching a bus back will not be a problem. There will be taxis at Horseshoe if you don't want to wait for a bus. If you share a taxi it is not expensive.

They sell the bus passes and tokens right inside the house on the pier that you have to pass through to get to town, but a line forms there quickly. We bypassed that line and headed right into the square. In the middle of the square, there's a glass building that looks like it's just selling t-shirts and stuff, but they sell the tokens and passes there as well. We bought ours there and were in line for the bus first.

On Sundays, the bus runs a reduced schedule. When we were ready to return, we waited less than 20 minutes for the bus at the top of the hill.

On Sundays, the bus runs a reduced schedule. When we were ready to return, we waited less than 20 minutes for the bus at the top of the hill.

On Sundays the regular service schedule starts later than normal. That is the reduction. But they have Special buses from the Dockyard to Horseshoe when there are cruise ships before the later regular service start so it does not matter for cruise passengers docked on the West End.

Archived