Do they have a "weigh in" for Helicopters?

gaylenhazel

Not a dumb question at all. Only 6 people fit in the heli. There are 2 rows. So up front was the pilot and 2 tourists. In the back row the 2 tourists had a window and the tour guide was in the middle. So all tourist had a window. I was upfront and the view was amazing. The heli ride exceeded my expectations. It was amazing. You can NOT stand in the heli however. From my expereince you are likely to have a view. They made sure of it.

Not a dumb question at all. Only 6 people fit in the heli. There are 2 rows. So up front was the pilot and 2 tourists. In the back row the 2 tourists had a window and the tour guide was in the middle. So all tourist had a window. I was upfront and the view was amazing. The heli ride exceeded my expectations. It was amazing. You can NOT stand in the heli however. From my expereince you are likely to have a view. They made sure of it.

Thanks. Your answer is very helpfull. Now I can see better what this tour look like. Can't wait to do this.

Charlot

• 4 weeks later...

Well we booked it. Thanks for all comments from you folks. I am a bit scared since I have never been in a helicopter before. We booked through the ship since we had a 200 credit.

I think they use Temsco.

Any people back who can update us on how they liked the rides this year?

DH just has to know. He's pushing the limit. A buffet or two might put him over. :)

we just went last week we were with rccl, they use northstar who I planned on using a little tip if you book with northstar, they will charge the surcharge, if you book directly thru cruise line at least rccl, they pick up surcharge. I think with booking with rccl we paid like 19 more each, but it was worth it. I emailed northstar and rccl ahead of time and kept the emails so we would`nt get there and have a problem, my fear they`d sorry we`re booked and we would`nt be able to go.They did ask our weight before we got on the bus, I`m under hubby is over, they never official weighed us, but we had 2 really tiny girl, with us.honestly even if we would have had to pay more it was a once in a lifetime experience, we did the 2hr trek, so amazing.

I also just did the heli ride in Juneau from Princess. I think it was Temsco. They did NOT weight us in. My husband is about 210 (6'5) so I would think they would have checked his weight. They didn't.

We did the 2 hr trek and while it cost over 800 it was sooooo worth it. What a amazing experience.

We did the trip with Temsco out of Juneau first week of June 09. I believe there were 7 of us total. The pilot, my wife and I up front, and a group of 4 in the back.

My wife and I were NOT weighed and I never actually saw anyone else weighed. We were asked our weights and told to "add 5 lbs for clothing" but it is obvious we are no where near 250 (I'm 150 and wife is 115).

Possibly like the alcohol ID purchase example Kenish mentions. If you provide a weight that looks close and are no where near 250 they don't weigh you, if you look close to 250 or provide a figure that looks unrealistic you get weighed.

We went with Coastal and we were definitely weighed, though before we put on our boots and waterproof suits (we went dogsledding). We were in a smaller 5 person heli, but even the folks going in the larger choppers were weighed too.

Well we booked it. Thanks for all comments from you folks. I am a bit scared since I have never been in a helicopter before. We booked through the ship since we had a 200 credit.

I think they use Temsco.

Any people back who can update us on how they liked the rides this year?

Didn't you have to pay for the excursion when you booked it? Then you didn't use your credit.

I want to do the same thing and called to ask. I was told I could cancel once on board and then immediately rebook and use on board credit.

Denise

Archived