Best Spirit Balcony

amc40

I just booked Spirit for Sept 2010. Right now I have a BC on deck 10, but I'm wondering if it's a good choice. I've never cruised Spirit or even NCL, so any help/suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Anne

If you're midship then you'll be fine. Forward and aft really have a bit of fun if the seas are rough. On my sailing last week they were smooth at one point looking like a pond! Never had a ride so smooth in the Atlantic. I was on deck 9 mid-ship. Starboard side will face the harbor and portside faces the pier at Heritage Wharf. We were on the portside and it was great. We were above the building and we could see over the fort and watch the sunset every night over the ocean in the distance. Bermudian officials kept noise levels down on the pier at night so there really is no better side of the ship on the Spirit. Just stay mid-ship is my best advice. :)

When we booked BA, BB. and BC were all the same price. We chose BC mid ship because many of the BA cabins were under deck 11 with the buffet and other noise-at-night possibles just above. The BCs on deck 10 have cabins above on deck 11 and cabins below on deck 9 so should be relatively quiet at night.

We are port side so I guess depending on how the ship docks, I may be able to see the sunsets in Bermuda. I think I will keep what I have (it sounds pretty good). I'm looking forward to trying a new cruise line, I've only cruised on RCCL. I love the fact we can just drive up to Boston. No airfare, hotels etc. Can't wait.

Thanks for the info.

Archived