Going Orlando to Miami, is it cheaper to rent a car each way or pay for parking

pauly

I am going on an 8-day cruise, so parking would be $160.00. I will be traveling form Orlando to the port of Miami.

I read from other Central Floridians, that it is cheaper to rent a car from Orlando one way to Miami and back than to pay $20 a day for parking. Does anyone have any idea as to what rental car agency? or how much cheaper? Obviously, it would be one with an office near the port and a shuttle to the port.

Just to share, I read a great tip...to drop off your luggage at the port first, before dropping off the car, so that you do not have to lug it around.

I am going on an 8-day cruise, so parking would be $160.00. I will be traveling form Orlando to the port of Miami.

I read from other Central Floridians, that it is cheaper to rent a car from Orlando one way to Miami and back than to pay $20 a day for parking. Does anyone have any idea as to what rental car agency? or how much cheaper? Obviously, it would be one with an office near the port and a shuttle to the port.

Just to share, I read a great tip...to drop off your luggage at the port first, before dropping off the car, so that you do not have to lug it around.

I agree it will be about half to rent a car. Check all the fees. As for the tip beware the ports can be a mess and I would rather go in once via shuttle.

Hertz have a rental location on SW1st Street in Miami, 5 mins from the port.

They will drop you off and pick you up.

Usually about $40 for 1 way rental. Join Hertz No 1 club it will make things much easier if you try to use them.

I got quotes from several rental companies for our cruise earlier this month. We flew into Orlando and cruised out of Jacksonville. The price quote for a three day rental with a drop in JAX was $550. :eek::eek::eek: I told the operator that I wanted to borrow it for a few days not buy it.

We ended up renting a car for the whole time. We then did the drive/cruise option at a hotel in JAX.

Just remember not to use the gas station on the North side of the Orlando airport when you return the car. It was $5 a gallon for regular. So buy your gas elsewhere.

Archived