RC excursion to Beach Club Colony vs Royal Palms

tab11

I'm a first time cruiser in the process of planning shore excursions. Royal Caribbean offers a *Beach Break* excursion to Beach Club Colony on Seven Mile Beach. It includes transportation, lunch, and use of chairs. It will cost about $150 for 3 of us. I've read some good/some bad reviews of Beach Club Colony. After reading some of the recommendations here, I'm tempted to cancel this excursion and go to Royal Palms. It sounds easy enough to take a taxi, rent chairs and buy drinks/lunch on our own. Has anyone here been to Beach Club Colony and what was your impression? Any other advice appreciated.

My DH and I stayed there once a few years ago, and wouldn't bother going back. Food is only so-so. Chairs must be kept in a roped-off area so that the cruise and land stay visitors are separate.

Royal Palms rocks, though, and we stop in there for lunch at least once per visit.

I too would vote for the Reef Grill. If you haven't done so yet you can check out their menu at http://www.reefgrill.com to see if it appeals to you. I think you could have a wonderful day there for less then the $150. Taxi should be around $5/person each way plus tip. Chairs are $5 and umbrellas are $10. So - if you can get by with 1 umbrella for the three of you this is only $55. Lunch should be around $10 each plus tip. That leaves $65 left over for drinks. That is quite a savings in my book. The beach is beautiful there and getting a cab back and forth is very easy. Also, if you want to be extra economical you can skip the chairs and umbrella and just throw your towel on the sand.

I hope this helps!

Enjoy!

It was so easy to get a taxi and go on our own. $5 to Sea Grape, we rented a chair for $6 (plus $5 deposit you get back). But if you walk to the left it is much quieter on Public beach or walk to the right and there is a reef to snorkel and there were few people. The real advantage to going on your own as opposed to an excursion is the timing. We could head to 7 mile beach and return on our own schedule.

Archived