question for uk cruisers

Has anyone from the uk managed to get a price drop and if so how did you go about it?

Did you go through travel agent or Royal Caribbean? Or is this something that is only given to our US friends. Thanks.

Has anyone from the uk managed to get a price drop and if so how did you go about it?

Did you go through travel agent or Royal Caribbean? Or is this something that is only given to our US friends. Thanks.

Mute point not beeen on an RCI cruise as yet, but was led to believe that you could get price drops but after speaking to TA was told that this was not posssible.

I know that some TA's in Britain did honour this. I do believe that RCI have changed the boundaries once again. Dont quite understand all the rules as yet.

We are going on The Voyager in August and I recently managed to get a price drop. We had booked an E1 room on deck 7 and I checked on the RCCL site and it seemed to me that there was a similar room on deck 8 available for 140 less I contacted RCCL and changed rooms and the money was refunded to my C.C. the room we now have is directly above the previous one.Just keep checking.:)

RCCL do give price drops to UK customers...if your Travel Agent says no then it is they who are unwilling to ask on your behalf ...because a lower fare equals a lower commission.

We did manage to get a price drop through a TA (we had to agree to give them part of it to offset their lost commission) but since then we've always booked direct and a quick phone call is all it takes to get your price adjusted or upgrade to a better cabin.

Lots of posters on here from the UK will tell you that they have had price drops...both through TAs and with direct bookings.:)

On our Jewel 2008 cruise we had 2 price drops.

On our Brilliance 2008 cruise we had 1 price drop.

On our upcoming Navigator cruise we have had 1 price drop and 1 upgrade from D1 to JS for no extra cost.

Keep watching and good luck!

Yes, I got a price drop (albeit very modest) a month ago for our Med cruise in July. I made a phone call. followed up with an email. Our TA (in London) said he would contact RCI and the next day we received an adjusted statement. This was before final payment. Although a modest drop, as our TA said, every little bit helps. Meanwhile, our cabin category has sold out so we're certainly not complaining!

Hope this helps

We have had price drops from RCI and also from a travel agent.

The travel agent is the one that has a supermarket and do funerals. We used this TA for 4 cruises and had 3 price drops that they honoured. This was one of the first questions we asked before we used them and they said they would honour the price drop if RCI gave it.

The only thing they did not tell us at the start was they would recalculate the discount they gave us when we booked. This discount works based on when you book and the amount of the cruise. When we got the price drops the total cost was reassed and then based on the time till the cruise they reduced the discount. On all occasions we ended up better off but once the price drop ended up at £20 because we lost £140 discount.

The other big TA we used was choice first and they would not honour the discount even when we knew RCI would give it as we had 3 weeks on the same ship. 1 week booked direct with RCI we had the price drop given which was refunded direct to my credit card as it was after final payment. RCI confirmed there was a price drop on the other 2 weeks but the TA would not give it to us so they lost a lot of business.

We now book direct with RCI for all cruises ans use the same person there who gives us a great service. We just check the website and then phone up RCI and they adjust it. There is a programme you can use to monitor prices that I have seen mentioned on this site.

Sorry but you will find rules have changed recently for UK Bookings-

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=991367

Contained within this thread are more details on the new changes to UK Booking Conditions and price drops etc...well actually they have removed "price drops" from the new Booking Conditions.:mad:

Jeez....you go away for a couple of days and look what happens!!:mad::mad:

Liz, thanks for the link ..I've just skim read it...am I right in saying that we are pretty sure that we are out of luck with price drops in the future but we don't know whether this new "policy" has been implemented yet?

I am steamin' mad...we booked Brilliance for next August very early to get a nice hump cabin even tho' we thought the price was high..cause we were fairly confident they would drop at some point like they did on our Aug 2008 brilliance cruise. Well one thing 's for sure..if the price drops more than the deposit I will cancel..and I will never book early again.:mad:

Jeez....you go away for a couple of days and look what happens!!:mad::mad:

Liz, thanks for the link ..I've just skim read it...am I right in saying that we are pretty sure that we are out of luck with price drops in the future but we don't know whether this new "policy" has been implemented yet?

I am steamin' mad...we booked Brilliance for next August very early to get a nice hump cabin even tho' we thought the price was high..cause we were fairly confident they would drop at some point like they did on our Aug 2008 brilliance cruise. Well one thing 's for sure..if the price drops more than the deposit I will cancel..and I will never book early again.:mad:

At this time we dont know when this policy was implemented, it is one of the questions in my email to RCCL UK tomorrow(the person I have to email about the new policy has been off due to the bank holiday).

So we dont know if those booked before this policy was added to website will now get price drops or not.

Hopefully tomorrow we will know more.

At this time we dont know when this policy was implemented, it is one of the questions in my email to RCCL UK tomorrow(the person I have to email about the new policy has been off due to the bank holiday).

So we dont know if those booked before this policy was added to website will now get price drops or not.

Hopefully tomorrow we will know more.

Thanks for the update, Liz.

Hi all

This may seem a dumb question but here I go...I have booked my FOS cruise oct 2010 through agents T.C. who did my package alot cheaper than RCI direct so how will I know if theres been a price drop at RCIs end?

Thanks

We have had price drops from RCI and also from a travel agent.

The travel agent is the one that has a supermarket and do funerals. We used this TA for 4 cruises and had 3 price drops that they honoured. This was one of the first questions we asked before we used them and they said they would honour the price drop if RCI gave it.

The only thing they did not tell us at the start was they would recalculate the discount they gave us when we booked. This discount works based on when you book and the amount of the cruise. When we got the price drops the total cost was reassed and then based on the time till the cruise they reduced the discount. On all occasions we ended up better off but once the price drop ended up at £20 because we lost £140 discount.

The other big TA we used was choice first and they would not honour the discount even when we knew RCI would give it as we had 3 weeks on the same ship. 1 week booked direct with RCI we had the price drop given which was refunded direct to my credit card as it was after final payment. RCI confirmed there was a price drop on the other 2 weeks but the TA would not give it to us so they lost a lot of business.

We now book direct with RCI for all cruises ans use the same person there who gives us a great service. We just check the website and then phone up RCI and they adjust it. There is a programme you can use to monitor prices that I have seen mentioned on this site.

Thanks for everyones responses. Merlin 139 Can you please perhaps give me a link regarding a 'programme' to track prices. I did try and find it through the thread but I was unsuccessful.

Thanks for everyones responses. Merlin 139 Can you please perhaps give me a link regarding a 'programme' to track prices. I did try and find it through the thread but I was unsuccessful.

Google ***********

Archived