What Kinds of Tea?

sloney

Hi Everyone,

I've recently given up coffee and would like to know what sort of teas are available on board, assuming most of the ships would have a similar supply.

I'm particularily interested in specialty herbal brands, like Rooibos.

Any tea drinkers out there?

Susan

Herbal Tea in Buffet is usually Bigelow.

Premium Herbal Tea is available in Patisserie and Cafe -- Revolution Brand. It is $1 + 15% tip per cup. But if one buys a Coffee Card (which gives 15 specialty coffees and Chai Latte), unlimited Premium Tea / Brewed Coffee is included. The Coffee Card costs $25 + 15%.

I was on Crown Princess in April & only Lipton was offered in the Horizon court, surprised me.

Jan

In March, on the Pacific Princess, they had probably 10 or 12 kinds of teas at the buffet beverage station.

On the Ruby TA last month there were several kinds of Bigelow tea, and the decaf was Lipton. Last year they had Good Earth Peach/Apricot on the Diamond, but they didn't have it on the Ruby. I was disappointed because it was so good. In the coffee bar they had Revolution tea that was free with the coffee card--excellent tea.

Get in there Jenny!!

None of this too weak to catch a cold stuff! Pack your Typhoo, Tetley's or just good old Sainsbury's best.

Sorry, got carried away there. It's probably a good idea to pack your own, especially if you like a strong brew first thing. The Lipton's English Breakfast aren't bad, and there's a mint one that's refreshing late afternoon on a hot cruise day. However, you can't get away from the image that they just don't do tea like wot we do.

Have a great cruise!

Yes I take the Brit Abroad comment. The tea is our one constant touch of home, but sometimes we allow ourselves a couple of jars of marmalade if we're in Europe. Couldn't do it on a cruise mind, imagine the shame of everyone staring at that huge orange gash from ear to ear!:eek:

We found that the "standard" tea was Lipton, which is drinkable (just!). They had a decent range of Bigelow tea, including English Breakfast in the Horizon Court. The hot water in the horizon court is just about hot enough to make it taste reasonable.

They had Bigelow Darjeeling Tea which I ordered with breakfast in Sabatinni's, which was pretty good. I assume you could ask for it in the main dining room too? I ordered Camomile Tea each night in the Dining Room (again Bigelow branded), which was good.

Room service tea, forget it! Water isn't hot enough and it's like drinking old sock juice :)

Can you bring your own tea bags and get hot water and milk from the buffet?

Jenny x

I don't think I'm allowed to bring tea because I'd be taking it into Mexico to embark. I hate having anything in my luggage that could cause an issue at customs!

Sounds like buying a coffee card is the way to go, if I want herbals.

Thanks for all the input!

Can you bring your own tea bags and get hot water and milk from the buffet?

Jenny x

Yes, you can. We like to drink herbal Mint tea and bring our own. Hot (not boiling) water is available at the buffet. The mint tea available on the ship is Bigelow's Plantation Mint (it is black tea flavored with mint).

We also ask for hot water after dinner and make our own mint tea.

Enjoy !

Maybe on the upcoming cruise we will but the Coffee card and try some of the 'gourmet' teas.

If you have an unopened box, just keep it visible as you go through Customs. Unless they mistake tea leaves for some other leaf!

I don't think I'm allowed to bring tea because I'd be taking it into Mexico to embark. I hate having anything in my luggage that could cause an issue at customs!

Sounds like buying a coffee card is the way to go, if I want herbals.

Thanks for all the input!

Archived