Southern or Eastern for young kids?

sprockie

#1 report.gif

post_old.gif Today, 07:05 AM

sprockie user_online.gif

Cool Cruiser

icon1.gifSouthern or Eastern for young kids?

Re: Carnival

Help me choose. We have two kids 3 and 8. I know they would enjoy an Eastern 5 day including Half Moon Cay, Nassau (Atlantis trip) and Grand Turk. Would they enjoy a 7 day Southern out of Puerto Rico as much including St. Thomas, Dominica, Barbados, St. Lucia, Antigua, St. Kitts? Mom and Dad would sure enjoy the Southern, but maybe that's too much for little ones. Longer flight time to P.R. as well. This is their first cruise vacation. Any advice from those family cruisers would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

For the kids first cruise I would stick with the eastern. I think it's a great starter cruise and there will be more children their own age on the eastern.

We've been looking at the southern since our youngest was 8 and we're just now doing it (he's 12 now). The southern iteneraries tend to be very port intensive and we didn't think it would be right to exhaust the poor boy on vacation with a million activities because we are go, go, go people. We can never seem to stay on the ship in port because we're afraid we'll miss something amazing. JMHO!:rolleyes:

Hope this helps!:)

I would go with Eastern for kids that age. You get more sea days on the Eastern and some nice beaches, plus HMC. The S. Caribbean islands are very nice, but it is a port intensive cruise and you are always on the go. Also, in my experience there tends to be less kids on S. Caribbean itineraries. We did the S. Caribbean last month and there were 65 kids ages 2-12 total on a ship with 3200paxs.

Archived